1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight pill. would you take it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by goratrix, Apr 11, 2005.

?

Would you take a straight pill?

1. Yes. gimme!

46 vote(s)
    19.9%
  2. No. I am what i am. Thanks though...

185 vote(s)
    80.1%
  1. goratrix

Ok, I'll take the idea form a poll that was up another site some time ago.

If there were a straigh pill. A pill that just by taking it you would become straight. Woud you?

I guess this goes along with the are you ever happy you are gay thread... but I thought making it a poll would work better.

2. hawkeye

its a sobering thought, but I would rather be a part of normal society, and be able to talk about girls better with my friends and stuff like that. I'd especialy like not having the fear of not being accepted by other people; but anyways, "I am what I am, and that is all that I am" and I accept it, and nobody better try to change it, because thats not happening.

3. tinkergeek

tinkergeek Guest

I've seen the same question asked on several different sites.. I would not want such a pill. Why change who you are for society? Isn't the great part of being human that we are different?

I mean, sure it would be nice to be the same and not have to worry about the stuff that we do.. Though, whenever I've come out to someone, it usually changed their perception of gays and of me in general. They seem to respect me more and are more open minded about things. What could be better?

Though, I think most gay people probably have thought, "Why me? Why can't I just be normal!" Though, "I'm queer, I'm here." :-D

4. Stew

I prefer to belive that I am normal (whatever that is) and have no need to change. There are always going to be people who dislike me for some reason of their own be I gay or staight or bi in the same way that I do not like some people. But that is no reason to change my sexuality!
    I would not take the pill and make the change. :icon_cool

Stew

5. yacht

when u say "normal society", and "not having the fear of...", that's all the problems of the society, not u. i love my gayness, and proud of being gay. i just hope i can as gay as it possible can! so hell no, i dunt want to be str8 at all!~~~ :kiss:

6. Quasar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I wouldn't want to be str8. It's taken me too long to get used to being gay, and I think that the ups and downs in my life have made me a far stronger person than many of my str8 friends.

Some of my mates have said they don't know if they could 'come out' if they were gay - well I think that makes me pretty special cos I've got more balls than they have, and I have their admiration and respect.

I have an amazing relationship with my family - especially my dad and lil bro - and I think my sexuality has made us a closer family because we've had to sit down and have some fairly intense conversations - which I'm not sure many regular families have nowadays.

However, if you'd have asked the question 18 years ago in some of my darkest hours of fear and self-loathing, I'd have said yes.......and made the biggest mistake of my life!!!

7. hawkeye

David has a good point, I think gays are more open, its just something that develops. If you can talk to somebody about being gay, you are probably comfortable enough to talk to them about anything, especialy when your a teen.

8. goratrix

I agree. Being gay is one of the reasons that I am how I am in other aspects of my life.

9. Blink

I can say with great certainty that I would not take this 'straight-pill'. I love being gay. I don't care if people hate it, I love it, all of my friends love it, and that's all I need.

10. CryCrazy27

ya i enjoy being gay so i wouldnt take it......wait...maybe i would??

i dunno if there was such a thing i would probably take a loooooong time deciding.

11. TriBi

Well, I would still categorise myself as Bi - tho' I have to admit, I seem to be moving to being sexually more gay than straight as I get older.

I do still find women attractive tho' - and I have to admit life would probably have been a whole lot simpler if I had been straight (or possibly it would also have been less confusing if I had been totally gay?)

Hmm...

Guess I really didn't answer the question...

12. thommthomm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It may be a cliche, but I can't even see myself any other way. I have all these fantasies about different things and the one thing that stays the same is that I am gay! I guess that is how I know that I totally accepted who I am!!!

13. xxAngelOnFirexx

I wouldn't change. I like how i am. there are a lot of good things to it. not getting pregnant accidentally, lesbians having a low std rate, i know there's more...

14. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Now I don't think I would take it.

15. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wouldn't take it, being Gay has helped me realize a lot of things about my life and has really shaped the person I am today.

16. tired_of_lying411

I'm really surprised at how many people said yes....

17. ampthejazz

I would not. I am the way I am for a reason, and I'm happy that way.

18. Sam

Sam

like others have said, the struggles I have had because of being gay, everything I've had to deal with has made me the person I am today, I wouldn't be half the person I am today if I hadn't gone through what I've gone through so no I wouldn't take a pill.

19. SpikySpice

Hhhhmm, still a teenager, I dont know, not sure, and clueless

Well, but i click on the nevar option, becuz there is no "nawt sure" option

But being gay is like a training class for mw to make me become more clear of myself, being more confident with myself and others. If I was not gay, I couldnt ahve been like this.

But still I lean toward" not changing myself', cuz I like to be this way

20. boarder25

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I am what I am.