1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something all people with a uterus (esp ftm) should know exists!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Clairity95, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Clairity95

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Although I'm a completely cisgender female, I found something that honestly everyone with a vagina should know about and I realized today that it might be more useful to someone who doesn't want people to know they even have a period at all.

It's called a menstrual cup! This page is directed at cisgender females but it's informative.
    Menstrual Cups: What Every Woman Should Know | Dirty Diaper Laundry

This thought came to me when I realized that since I've been using it no one ever has to know I'm on my period since I don't use pads or tampons anymore.

I suppose reusable pads would also be an option since there's nothing in the trash can with those either.
    (I use these http://www.talulahbean.com/product.asp?itemid=29)

My experience with this: the pads are easier than they sound, throw em in the wash, not a big deal. The cups however have a learning curve. The first few times I tried to put it in it hurt, was difficult to get out, or leaked. Once I figured it out it's THE BEST THING EVER. It doesn't feel like I'm even on my period, I even have my normal discharge. I love my mooncup. (go to their website and watch the video on their home page, it's great).

I'm not sure that this is the best place to put this so please help me out and spread the word to the ftm (and cis female I suppose) community. I really think people should at least know about this!

I know a lot more than this if someone has a question too btw!

2. NotBrokenYet

This is great! I've heard about the Mooncup and the Softcup and found it sort of an odd concept but I'm almost tempted to try it, especially since some people have mentioned that it can help alleviate menstrual cramps or regulate flow, which are things I have issues with. It also kinda bugs me that pads create so much garbage, but I really can't stand the idea of tampons, and tampons STILL produce a lot of garbage. Maybe I'll experiment with these at some point...

3. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

:icon_eek:

No...I've heard of these. Nope. Thought it was a joke.

I was wrong, some people actually are okay with them.

Ick. Sounds like a health hazard. I'll stick with my "sheep on a rope".

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Sheep on the rope, lol. Seriously, that's awesome. I just call mine cunt plugs.

I mean... I suppose it's not a bad idea. Out of side out of mind. It's why I prefer cunt plugs to padding. :lol: I'll look into it.

5. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The more discreet handling my metal time is, the better. It's why I prefer tampons to pads, despite being really irresponsible about tampons. If these work the way they say they do, I might need to consider trying them, honestly...

6. anonym

anonym Guest

:eek: eeeek I don't think I could bring myself to use them. It's bad enough using tampons.Don't get me wrong I couldn't cope without tampons but the actual thought of putting them in that part of my body that I would rather not have makes me feel sick.

7. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

I think I'd be constantly aware of the presence of a "cup" in my body... :frowning2:

8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, it's like when I'm not binding.

"I am walking around and there is a plug up inside a hole I don't like to think about. I am sitting down to eat lunch and all is normal but I've got a plug. And I am sitting down- this is a really good sandwich- but jesus there is a cup inside my cunt and I am not thinking about it."

9. animequeen567

Yes, I've been wanting to get one because Im too poor to afford buying pads all the time. Now that i get a paycheck i think i know what ill be getting soon!

10. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

By the way, no one finds cunt too offensive, right? Just wanted to check.

11. Clairity95

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey guys, it's actually a lot more sanitary and more safe than pads and tampons which are full of chemicals. Tampons absorb natural lubrication which isn't good for your. The cups are made of medical grade silicon and will not hurt you.

I have one in right now and I forget about it. I really really do.

At least be open minded. Don't throw the thought away just because it sounds foreign. If it's not for you, oh well, but they're amazing.

---------- Post added 28th Feb 2014 at 04:28 PM ----------

Just saying: I find tampons to be a LOT more disgusting.

---------- Post added 28th Feb 2014 at 04:32 PM ----------

If you can afford spending $30-$40 dollars to try something DO IT. It will not be fun at first. I stuck with it and kept trying and this is the best period I've ever had. They DO alleviate cramps, they DO regulate flow AND you get to find out exactly how many mL of blood there is which can be really useful if your OBGYN needs to know. Tampons are SO much more disgusting in my opinion.

I'm more than happy to answer any other questions about these, they are my new favorite thing!

12. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not if it's being used by someone who has one.

13. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Okay how wide is a vagina suppose to be? maybe I am an extreme mega ultra vaginal virgin, but I can't get more than a freaking finger up there and they are talking about wine glasses (in the video)? What.

14. Sarcastic Luck

I'm in the same boat. One finger, maaaybe two. I'll stick to pads when I actually have them..

Yay medication.

15. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, I can go maybe two at a time but it's not like I'm sticking anything up there for long. :lol: It's really just a lube dispenser that occasionally spurts blood.

16. Ash93

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was all for it until she said you may have to dig around to get it out. Pads are bad enough. I don't think I could handle "digging around" down there, especially if the seal gets stuck.

17. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

I physically cringed at that part.

---------- Post added 28th Feb 2014 at 09:07 PM ----------

Okay, the way she was talking in the video made it sound like your vagina is suppose to be that "flexible" in the first place, and I was getting freaked like maybe I have a medical condition or something. :icon_redf

18. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

This, I believe, would be the ideal period product for a transguy.

(and no, I'm not sure what that thing is suspending the uterus is- some kind of stockade?)

Attached Files:

19. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Obviously harvesting alien technology transmen everywhere use levitating frisbees to capture their uteruses and put it on trial for it's bloody crimes.

Someone make that into a Wikipedia article.

20. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's honestly the one thing that's holding me back from going for it right now. The idea of having to dig around for it is...mmmmmmmnot something I want to think about much. Everything else sounds positive though. They seem way less gross than conventional methods.