1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick of not fitting in and not being enough for queer culture

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lottaotter, Apr 16, 2023.

1. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pardon the sidetrack I'm taking, but this sounds common and I'm curious how it happened for you. I'm introvert and hsp and gay but didn't understand all that until much later. Did you hang out with people outside of school and that's where the pressure was? Somehow I didn't feel the pressure even though going out and drinking was common among peers, I didn't.

Did you get bullied for being gay? I don't think I was, so maybe that's what I needed to understand myself sooner like everyone else. I wasn't a jock or popular just an average guy so I shouldn't have been spared the ridicule. I wanted no part of spin the bottle or truth or dare either, as I saw on tv/movies, lol! Not sure if I actually thought of that back then or not, but it still sounds wretched!

2. Ipswichfan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh nothing like that! I never thought of having sex with a guy in those years, although I did notice and appreciate male anatomy! It was more not being in a specific clique. I bordered between jocks and drama, music and uncool.

3. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even though I know the point of this thread is not bringing others down for what they like, then I really do agree with you.

While to the person saying that they don't like certain things and it might not seem like they are saying anything bad about the other person, but the person listening might still get their feelings hurt.

It's okay for everyone to not like the same things and it's okay to express your own feelings about it, but also the other person feelings who do enjoy these things should be considered.

I've always been ridiculed for liking certain things or certain fashion and my thoughts and opinions were not being considered, so it makes me for example feel excluded entirely.

I like rainbow colors, because it makes me smile and remind me where I belong and brings me hope.
    I like fashion and I really only now start to express myself more and more.
    I don't like drag, but I see why others might like it and that's okay. It's entertainment and also expressing yourself.

Stepping for a second into another persons shoes can help you to learn about them and make more friends this way. This is coexisting.

Mihael, mnguy and Wanderlost like this.