1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seemingly random gender id-related announcements

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Gates, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

OK, so anyway, plastered-on grin has faded, but no question I enjoyed the experience. As previously mentioned, I was a little apprehensive before the fact that donning a female head of hair for the first time might end up sending me into a swirl of emotions, possibly including panic. No such rollercoaster ensued. In its place, just a powerful, lingering feeling of intense happiness at finally seeing something so beautiful in my mirror. Grinned all night and all the next day at work thinking about it, which was almost every minute. (Fortunately, boss was out of town, heh.) Today, the edge is off the joy, but no doubt I still feel extremely pleased to be able to look more like how I have long dreamed. (Did not wear hair tonight because spaghetti dinner. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) Have not felt extremely sad having to go to work sans mane. Then again, I've long been used to having to be a different person at work anyway. :dry:

Not sure what all this means. Maybe dysphoric stage comes later. Still not certain yet that I am MtF trans, but it may be too soon to tell. I do know that I've been shopping like a complete fiend the last couple of days. Oh, that my male wardrobe had ever expanded this quickly. :lol:

2. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A girl from the GSA accidentally ordered two binders (she is a cosplayer and I'm a dude). I'm getting one as soon as she gets them in the mail. Thank you based god.

3. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't use you lack of dysphoria at work at a gender proxy; I have intentionally femme-d up for work before (albeit still in men's clothes as I haven't owned women's in about 14 years :lol:slight_smile: and it wasn't a big deal because I was working.

As far as whether or not you are actually trans*, no one can decide that but you. Obviously, you're quite feminine but that isn't a proxy, either. In the end, it doesn't really matter; the only thing that matters that is discrete to each person is that they're a good person so, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

We spend so much time looking for the labels that best define us... such a wasted effort that society forces us to expend.

---------- Post added 3rd May 2014 at 11:00 AM ----------

(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

---------- Post added 3rd May 2014 at 11:06 AM ----------

It was mostly comprised of transwomen with a few questioning and two transmen (including myself). It actually was quite to my liking as I generally prefer the company of women and the other transguy was very nice and considerate. There was still a good diversity of age/ experience/ journey. I liked it.

---------- Post added 3rd May 2014 at 11:16 AM ----------

:kiss: Now that I've had some time to think about it, I really enjoyed it. The others there were mostly very compassionate and so... I don't know... They were all unique and I loved that. I was glad that my coming out story made them laugh; I don't like seeing so many women sitting so solemnly (llama... :icon_wink). There was one person who I was truly worried for as they wanted to transition but had been completely rejected by their parents and were also struggling academically. Hopefully, they return in two weeks; they're only a teenager and if I can help somehow, I want to. :frowning2:

Also, I might become a playwright for that center as they're looking for people to write something formatted like the Vagina Monologues but specifically about transgender experiences. I have a complete sketch for one monologue and a partial sketch for another. I have been writing a story that I doubt I'll give to them to use as it's very dear to me and if it's ever performed, I need for the casting to be very specific as I unintentionally fell in love with the main character :lol:. However, I may be able to write a skit based upon it somehow... Anyway, yes, playwright! :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 3rd May 2014 at 11:20 AM ----------

I'd like to have top surgery within the next three years if I'm able to have it. I think that the most reasonable time would be after passing my comprehensive exams or into candidacy (will talk with my advisor about it) but it may be better to have it done earlier. So, yeah, hopefully... :icon_bigg I miss being able to go shirtless in summer so much.

4. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Make that two fully sketched monologues and 1 partial... :slight_smile:

5. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Sounds like a pretty cool experience. Am envious. :slight_smile:

Writing for performance (covering theater, film, TV, etc.) rocks. Done a little scriptwriting myself. Also currently trying to engage a writer friend about helping me to develop this amazing dramatic TV series idea I had. Hoping he ends up interested enough to help me.

I hope you realize that commits yourself to sticking at EC for three more years' worth of updates. :wink:

I hear you about being able to go bare at this time of year. For me, it's my legs, though. Summer tans ftw. :grin:

6. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A fellow writer, eh? Perhaps we should talk about this... :grin:

And at least you can go bare-legged. Just tell people you swim and you're golden!

This was pretty much me as a child:
    [​IMG]

---------- Post added 3rd May 2014 at 01:28 PM ----------

And I'm fine with an EC commitment. :wink:

7. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Your sleazy local dive or mine? (Supposed to be the source of all great inspiration, so Faulkner and Lowry sez.) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Believe me, nothing is stopping my this summer from getting some nicely bronzed gams! Too much I want to wear that the pale look just can't bring off.

Oh, bet you couldn't be too rambunctious, else that loincloth get snagged on a branch and tear. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Interested in some delicious potatoes? Frying some up for drwinchester in Fun&Games presently. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

8. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're flirting with the Doc, I'm filing for divorce... -.-

9. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Relax. Everyone who stumbles into that place gets free potatoes. You founded the joint, remember? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :thumbsup:

11. justjade

A friend of mine is sending me a binder! I can't wait to get it! (!)

I'll definitely post pictures if it fits.

12. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome!!

13. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Came out to friend about being queer. He was okay with it, but had a lot of questions.

14. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spent almost the entire day en femme in front of my best friend.

15. WillowRose

That is wonderful! Accepting and supportive friend, I take it?

16. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bought a swimsuit and board shorts. I love swimming, by God, and I'm sick of not doing it!! I'm probably gonna get dysphoric but screw it. I want to swim and I want to tan. Stupid chest... -.-

17. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Swimming is the bomb. :slight_smile: After I left my ex last May, I ended up rooming with a friend for the entire summer whom had her own private pool in the backyard. Thought it was going to be a pretty sweet deal for myself. Unfortunately, the pump broke shortly before I moved in and, because she had recently been laid off, she couldn't afford to have it fixed. Tried to help her as best as I could, but mechanically-declined. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Anyway, by the time I moved out in September, the pool had become a greenish-black, stinking cesspool because she never drained it either. I stayed pretty pale that summer, you might imagine. :rolle:

Enjoy your swim!

18. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, hopefully. It's so irritating because it seems like most guys think that they have a right to look at people's bodies and it makes me crazy dysphoric. I dunno... The suit should be here by next weekend so, we'll see. I'm sort of on a mission to get my body as healthy as possible and to where I like it as much as I can until I can have top surgery. Meh.

19. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    Gender-related announcement: History teacher at cram school called me "bro" in front of the entire class of 100+ people, then proceeded to comment on my, um, hair and call me a cross-dresser. Hm.
    *raises eyebrow slowly*
    *how do you raise an eyebrow slowly tell me*

Also, I missed a LGBTQIA+ meeting yesterday. It could've been my first but I'm still playing it safe around family and friends so fat chance of me actually going anyway.

20. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :confused: well, that's... interesting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.