1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prop 8 upheld, 18,000 same-sex marriages still valid

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Martin, May 22, 2009.

1. Shevanel

Not at all. To have fun with family and basically party all day? I'm not telling you anything, I don't try to force my beliefs on anyone.

2. djt820

You dont understand the results of marriage and thats what Im talking about. But you have youre opinion and you will stick to that.

3. Shevanel

As do yours, and I completely understand the results of marriage, I'm a witness to a total failure of one (many) but there are also ones that work. People still have good marriages, the ones that fail are the ones that are rushed and not meant to be in the first place. People need to grow the fuck up. but yeah, You have your opinion also, and you will also stick to it. And thats fine by me.

4. djt820

You have no idea how true this is.:confused:

5. Shevanel

haha, except I do :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Joey, why do you feel sorry he feels that way? I'm confused because I also take the same stand as DJ. I don't understand the importance or relevance of marriage (orientation aside). I mean really, do you need to have a piece of paper to declare your profound love to one another? To really make it eternally (which its not, thanks to divorce. [hypocritical much? lol]) evident?

Aside from the rights granted to you, I see absolutely no reason to have a marriage. Like he said, I think it's pretentious and wasteful. (economically and chronologically)

I think there are better ways to spend money. Why? Because real love is and can never be bought. Right? It's the meshing and coalescing of two souls who complete each other in near perfect harmony.

Unlike others, (no finger pointing, just in general because I'm sure there are more that share my concern and opinions) I have flexible opinions. I just wanted to see why it's really that important to get married. (LGBTQ or not) Well, without pulling a LGBTQ typical response like

"It's our right!"
    "We have the right to love who we want"

If you don't believe in same sex marriage, don't.
    Live together, bitch at each other, split apart and spend the remainder of life traveling down memory lane in bitter contempt for your partner like most divorce couples.

If that's not the American tradition of marriage, then I don't know what is! LOL (!)

#86 The Enigma, May 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2009
  7. Shevanel

Because It doesn't matter what I think, believe, or have faith in. Thats the ultimate truth.

8. Just Adam

joey everyones opinions matter! dont think yours dont and i just want to throw in my view here...

so basically you cant agree on the point of marriage, well it is exspensive but that money will seriously help the economy which is good... and marriage adds a level of commitment and is a loving thing for millions upon millions of people but it aint for everyone, the fact is they are boring but your not there for fun your there for love.

the most important thing for me is the legal rights that come with being married because at the current time you dont have legal or medical kinship by beeing just partners. there is like a 1000 laws or so to do with marriage...thats alot of stuff to miss out on.

if you wont get married for love... do it for the familly tax breaks hahaha

9. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Marriage isn't for fun? o_o;
    THAT explains it. lol

10. Just Adam

if that was aimed at my post whats its point?

11. djt820

That was beautiful. :icon_bigg