1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New year goals 2024

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JT1999, Jan 17, 2024.

1. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks, JT. No, I wasn't training for it specifically. I'm just one of those annoying people who are naturally skinny, naturally fast and have an athletic build. Or rather I was...I'm finding that being over 50 and on oestrogen it means I have to really stay on top of my fitness now.

I love this idea! I may well adopt it myself..

Beth x

2. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You’re kinda describing me there too, I am naturally small built, skinny and fast. I’ve got visible muscles now thanks to the weight training but realistically, I am still small. About 51-52kg for 5ft 5”. A few years back I was more like ~47kg. I don’t think estrogen ever really hit me all that much, I was a late-ish bloomer and never got my fair share of curves - only now that I’m into my 20s have I got some shape. I’ve always had a small waist though so at least that accentuates things. My fiancé says I’m “fun-size”
    :unamused:

If I woke up one day in a man’s body, I’d be cool with it. Although I like being a woman and make the most of what I’ve got, we have the short end of the stick in so many ways.

3. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't set myself an initial new year goal but I think at this point I just want to finish the course I've started and hopefully be happier in a different job by the end of the year.

4. tearingtherose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're right there! I have thought many times that women have the bad biological deal. Look no further than a hospital where you have disciplines that exist with whole wards solely for women, gynecology & obstetrics. Men? We're lumped in Urology, and it's not even men only as women have to go there too.

Having had one daughter and one son complete puberty so far, I can tell you as a parent that the son was far easier to deal with. Yes, the surges in testoreone causes some anger issues, but nothing like the rollercoaster of emotions every month.

Then there's the first period. Despite all the education and preparation, I've had two daughters utterly terrified they were dying because the bleeding wouldn't stop. Then there's the other end of this, the menopause.

I suppose the upside is that women do tend to live longer than men!

5. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    OK so first run is done, 5:51 and there was some wind blowing against me for part of it. At first I thought the pace was about the upper limit of what I could maintain but I got back I realised I was still reasonably fresh, so I will need to increase the pace next time.

6. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah the women living longer than men thing has crossed my mind from time to time, especially with having an older partner. Testosterone is a great thing, I wish I had a little bit more. Women only have about 1/30th to 1/50th of the typical male level. It’s like jet fuel for building muscle, I’m fed up of skinny 18 year old boys in my gym out-lifting me after 6 months of training. So unfair!

7. tearingtherose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I knew the difference was large, but I hadn't appreciated just how large. I can see how it would be very frustrating. Of course, there are downsides to being a vat of testosterone - anger issues, risk taking/bravado and the relocation of hair from the top of your head to just about everywhere else.

8. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't really done anything wild, although the time I went cliff diving into Lake Superior was definitely one. It can be random things like "Saw a movie as the only person in the theater" (2017) or fun ones like "Learn how to knit" (2021) or less fun things like "Report for jury duty" (2023).

9. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That sounds pretty darn amazing, JT! I think you'll be able to go sub 5 if you keep at it this year.

Beth x

10. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been reading about testosterone levels in women, I'm tempted to do one of these home finger-prick tests for a base line. Basically they say if you exercise too little or not at, T falls - I doubt this affects me, I train with free weights 3 times a week for about 1 hour which should stimulate T production. But they also say if you over-exercise, particularly endurance training, that also causes T to fall, in response to raised cortisol. And I do periodically do a lot of running. So maybe dropping the miles/time but increasing the intensity will work in my favour. I would never supplement, but if there's a way to naturally increase levels to support my goals, I'd be keen to try. I just want to be stronger, its pretty addictive! (But I would like to avoid growing a mustasche!)

#30 JT1999, Jan 24, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
  11. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks - I am cautiously optimistic.

12. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mine is to cut myself more slack and talk to myself more supportively. I'm really pretty good at supporting other people and seeing the best in them and surprisingly bad at doing that for myself. The fact of the matter is that I wouldn't talk to someone I actually disliked the way I do to myself in my internal dialogue. So, my goal is to talk to myself with at least the supportiveness and if nothing else politeness I would extend to any stranger on the street.

13. Deadman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1) I would like to plan my first, and probably last trip to Europe (gay pride in southern Spain)
    2) Work on my bucket list.
    3) Work on my "Other Bucket list". That's the list of things I would like to try with a partner.

14. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I did 5:35 this morning, it felt good but I'm definitely close to my limit with this pace. It's definitely my legs that are the limiting factor here, not cardio fitness. I want to break 5:30 tomorrow but after that, I'm thinking I ought to start training at the pace I need over shorter distances first, maybe a half mile in under 2:30. I'm thinking I should probably start hitting legs twice a week at the gym instead of once.

15. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That sounds awesome!

16. Shane is tired

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wish I can start my own restaurant and stop working for other people. Now the question that I need to answer, how can I get the fund?

17. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm sure that will have a positive effect. Also, I don't know about you but I run faster times during the spring and summer (as long as it's not too hot, of course). That may get you closer to 5:00 too.

Beth x

18. Carla01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Family only
    upload_2024-1-30_7-6-4.png

which type of restaurant would you want to own a Fast Food or traditional sat down for a romantic evening or a coffee shop

19. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have done the half in under 2:30 three times now. Best is 2:24. Going for the mile tomorrow, wish me luck!

20. tearingtherose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Awesome, good luck @JT1999!