1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My future with relationships

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Monika the Diva, May 20, 2014.

1. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I have found women who once identified as trans to be attractive even before I myself came out as trans, Guys will always be a grey area to me I think

2. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
  3. Calix

I'm on a dating site at the moment, and a gay guy is talking to me and seems to like me back o.o I'm trying not to get my hopes up xD

4. JennyKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What's wrong with engineers? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

<- is an electrical engineering student

5. WillowRose

When I told my therapist that my self-identification as a lesbian is what drove me into realizing my identity as a woman, she smiled a wry smile and said, "Well, you certainly don't take the easy road, do you?"

No. No I don't. But that's OK - I am what I am, whether it's easy or not.

6. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Llama's got standards for his women. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

While this is all well and good, gotta keep my eyes on the most fundamental things I need from a potential mate--someone who loves me and accepts me for who I am and is unselfish and strong enough to stay with me through all the unique problems we would face as a (at least partially) non-cis couple in a cis world. As I talked about to Monika on the phone earlier this evening (love ya, sis :kiss:), thinking this will probably be a guy, someone who can love me as and make me feel like a woman. (As a pan, I'm attracted to transmen, so he doesn't even have to be cis.)

Although the 80K thing wouldn't be bad. Got a feeling I'll make a pretty high-maintenance wife. :grin: :wink:

EDIT: Claudette, you certainly seem to know how to attract 'em. :rolle: (*hug*)

7. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, engineer girls are fine. :thumbsup: Just the guys :***:.

---------- Post added 21st May 2014 at 03:18 AM ----------

I do have standards, yes!! My girls should not be trolling the bottom of the pool; the fishies should jump for them! :roflmao:

The most important thing in a partner (regardless of gender) is that they love and respect you, and that they stand with you in life rather than leading you through it or trailing behind. Find someone who listens and who cares about you as a human being. <3

8. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Why does gender matter in engineering Tristan? :wink:
    Plus, there's nothing wrong with engineering. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also, why does everyone want to be in a relationship so badly? I'm happy with single life, all the money I make is mine and goes to whatever I want it to. I can drum what I want, watch whatever movies I want, go out with friends whenever I want. And I get a double bed to myself. It's awesome!

9. Monika the Diva

With that the Llama wrote all i gotta say wow now i really do feel like one of the wives of the Llama. LOL but yeah, all i want in a husband or wife is 8 KEY things.

1. Respect - I want my spouse to respect me and themselves.
    2. Intelligence - I need to carry an intelligent conversation with them at all time.
    3. Love - I need someone to love me for me.
    4. Honesty - I don't want someone to bullshit me.
    5. Patience - There may be times where i can be a whiny pain in the ass. (That is the curse of being a diva. :frowning2: yes it is.)
    6. Loyalty - I want my spouse to be loyal to me. Like if i say something dumb, she/he goes along with it. And then chews my ass out when we have some privacy so then i can go :eusa_doh: "I don't think i should've said that"
    7. Stability - A stable job so we can have a decent living. He/she also needs to be mentally stable.
    8. Integrity - I want my spouse to have some balls and own up to things like i do!

These are the only things i ask. I don't know if this makes me a harsh dater but i've had some awfully bad dates in the past as a male. As a female i only hope that it gets better. But no, i may be "good" looking but i am NOT beautiful enough to be a gold digger. Plus being a gold digger is so wrong. I read that article about the 25 year old gold digging bitch. I can't believe that real people like this exist.

:eusa_naug Children, these are the people we HAVE to avoid!

Anyway, I am deathly afraid but i'll feel better once my mace arrives. With my list i don't know if my standards are too high. :/

10. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Speak for yourself, sis. Me, I need snuggles and lots of them. :grin:

And I own a queen bed, so lots of real estate to fill. :wink:

11. Monika the Diva

Mia, I have been alone for 33 years. I only had a girlfriend once, i barely saw her. I want someone to love me. I am very lonely but i manage. :frowning2:

12. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

(*hug*)

13. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just got out of a bad friendship with an engineer... He fell in love with me and no matter how hard I tried to make our friendship work, he wouldn't let it go. It didn't end well. :frowning2:

And everyone's reasons will be different but personally, I would like a relationship in the near future (though, I'm not desperate about it) because of the connection. I want to feel connected to someone else in a way that transcends friendship but also includes it. I want to feel wanted and I want to want for another. I want to grow and watch someone else grow with me. I want to be accountable to someone. I want to feel, in the quiet moments, that there's someone on this planet who is thinking of me the same as I am of them. I want someone to tell goodnight.

14. Stacy in MA

Monika, your standards are not too high, and don't you dare lower them! You have every reason to expect these things and you certainly deserve them as well. :icon_bigg

As my oldest girls start threatening to become young women, I keep thinking about what I want to try to teach them about love and relationships. The main thing I keep coming back to is that I want them understand to their very core that they deserve and must demand a partner who loves, respects, and treats them as an equal.

All of us deserve that sort of love in our lives - our gender or our sexuality or our whatever doesn't change a thing in this respect - we owe it to ourselves to demand it and to not settle for less.

15. Monika the Diva

I have to figure out whats next for me. Thanks Stacy.

#36 Monika the Diva, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
  16. Claudette

Claudette Guest

When are you expecting the mace? And is it bear strength? :-o

17. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, dating for us trans people. Cleaning a bathroom floor with my tongue would be easier. :dry:

But yeah. Opportunities are out there. Keep your standards high and don't be afraid to get out there. Just make sure you play it safe. Thinking of getting pepper spray myself.

18. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ... what's all this about pepper spray?? :confused: Bear strength?? :confused:

19. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Luckily for me my county allows any folding, non spring assisted blade legal to carry concealed. A quick jab to the ribs and a twist will take down any assaulter.