1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mass effect?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SpectreStatus, Mar 24, 2013.

1. CTJ

CTJ

Not gonna lie, i LOVE the idea of an EC Mass Effect multiplayer get together. Maybe i'll have to try and sort something out once i've finished my ME2 playthrough and got back to ME3.

2. SpectreStatus

Are you on Xbox 360?
    I hope you are as I'm up for it!!!

3. gingerbreadcat

Out Status:
    All but family
    I dunno - I quite enjoyed most of the characterisation in me3. There will always be exceptions, of course, but I felt it was mostly handled well. I wish we got to talk more with our squadmates, but that really goes for every ME game. Dragon Age: Origins was pretty good in terms of character interaction and revealing information about themselves, so I wish they'd incorporated some of that in. :/

I kinda grew to resent Joker a little during the third game. I thought that horrible line/joke he said about Thessia as it was being invaded by reapers was completely out of line.

I didn't mind the squad hookups too much. EDI/Joker was a bit weird, but Tali/Garrus was cute enough. Out of the blue, for sure haha, but it grew on me I guess.

I wish they hadn't wasted their resources in some things though... Like scanning in that XBOX Live host? I don't see the point in that. They could have done something else with that money. Maybe reanimated some cycles so they didn't have to recycle EVERY animation loop for every character?

And oh boy... the ending. Let's not talk about how disappointing the ending was. haha I had achieved 100% readiness and was ready to kick some reaper ass. Upon reaching the end I had to choose one of three options that had nothing to do with any of my choices?? WHY.

4. CTJ

CTJ

I am on Xbox, although we'll have to wait for you to get full member status so that we can PM gamertags. Just to let you know, i am pathetic and silver is my limit :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. SpectreStatus

Or you can PM me yours and I'll add you (only if you want to, i shall not be offended if you don't) Whatttt?! Silver?! Perhaps I'll show you how it's done :wink:
    I usually aim for gold... I am scared of platinum though. I've only ever succeeded once and that was because I had a really really good team with me.

6. CTJ

CTJ

I though you needed Full Member status in order to send AND receive PMs?

I think the main reason i'm limited to silver is a combination of not playing xbox often enough and not having the resources (medi-gel, rockets, etc) from lack of play. I tend to own a battlefield on silver with either my Batarian Soldier or my Krogan Sentinel, i have no idea what they'd be like on higher difficult.

I've never really played Gold from fear of letting my team mates down, theres nothing more annoying than having to constantly revive someone who is punching above their weight. I'd hate to be that person.

7. SpectreStatus

I am unsure on that one... If not you shall have enough practice to play with me on gold :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

When it comes to good characters on gold I usually go for the batarian (I think it's sentinel) with submission net powered right up and a sniper rifle. That way the enemies don't move and you can line up a perfect shot.

The N7 demolisher with all the grenades etc is good too.

Also that Cerberus guy with the whip thing.

(Can you tell I haven't played for a while haha)

I usually try to avoid biotics as I suck at it. I'm better with tech/sniper rifle... Preferably an infiltrator (salarian is my fav) If you shoot from a distance you have less chance of getting killed.

---------- Post added 4th Apr 2013 at 10:24 PM ----------

Also, if you're worried about constantly having to be revived... I'll just leave you to bleed out if it'll make you feel comfortable :wink:

8. CTJ

CTJ

See, i'm more of a tank. I will run up, deal as much damage as possible close range, then haul ass out of there. Its why i do so well with Batarian Soldier. Ballistic Blades with exploding blades are amazing for it. It has a higher chance of stunning, so i can run in and blade them and gun them down while they're stunned. If they're too powerful, the stun gives me time to run off before they deal any damage.

My Krogan sentinel is based entirely around lift grenades. Those badboys give so many points for biotic kills haha. Combined with Reegar Carbine and tech armour and i hardly get any damage.

I am completely useless when it comes to infiltrator, despite my FemShep being one on single player. I'm just much better when it comes to abilities rather than weapons skill.

9. SpectreStatus

That might be why you're getting owned on gold. It's not wise to run up to a banshee/brute/prime etc on gold unless you like bleeding out lol. maybe you should try the geth infiltrator with geth shotgun? It means you can still sneak up on opponents and slip away...

Or make sure you're armed with a decent assault rifle (I like the Cerberus harrier) so if you do have a scary big thing attacking you, you can do it from a distance.

Personally I reckon you'll be ok on gold... It's not as bad when you get used to it. And if equip yourself with shield boosts/weapon damage enhancers I think you'll be just fine :slight_smile:

Don't worry about what other people think... I don't. It's not like you're ever going to meet them and they'll tell you off for dying. & I genuinely don't mind reviving people, it's nice to get the medic bonus points :wink:

10. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Im tempted to buy mass effect 3 again just for multilayer now. Krogan Vangaurd and the Geth trooper were my favourite choices. For the Geth I used the Geth shotgun, with the use of its flamethrower to deal with the armour on the big enemies like Banshees and Brutes. Got the most points several times because of this character.

I want to try the new Geth juggernaut it looks awesome, such a tank. Apparently you cant get instant killed with it, but its slow.

Mass Effect 3: Geth Juggernaut First Look + Commentary - YouTube

11. Sahale

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh, the characters in DA:O were amazing. Didn't play the second one because the response on the BSN was pretty negative, so I figured not really worth my time.

Joker's line about the asari strippers was funny, I thought -- I play a renegade Shepard and I wish there would have been a dialogue option to go along with it instead of snapping at him.

They should have just left the ending at the scene with Anderson, and had Shepard die then. That would have made it at least better than it was. First time through I couldn't really figure out what was going on so I just kind of stumbled into the beam of light.

I've totally thought about writing a fanfic with an infinitely better ending than the one they had.

12. CTJ

CTJ

I have the Juggernaut. Its great fun to play with but can get really frustrating on big maps when the enemies are on the other side of the map and you have to walk there. You know its an awesome character when you can casually walk up to a Banshee and just used heavy melee to kill it.

13. BudderMC

Just so everyone is aware, a bunch of posts have been removed from this thread for sharing offsite contact info (before anyone starts asking where they went).

Sharing any info in order to meet up offline (that includes what banner you're using) falls under breaching the "offsite contact" rule and is a bannable offense. If you give out information that lets us find you outside of EC, it is a problem.

Please do not break that rule. I hate having to ban people for it even if they have good intentions.

14. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Thought I would bump this thread since I started playing it again. Just won a few games on platinum for the first time and I was thinking how the fuck do people do this on solo haha? Its so hard. I only won because I had a good team and we used certain maps.

15. Ashen

Oh, man. I can't believe I didn't find this thread earlier!

I absolutely love mass effect, the story, the characters, the emotions. Hell, I'm even addicted to the bare bones multiplayer that ended up amazing.

My favorite character of all time is Tali (female role I s'pose). Her romance is just amazing and involves so much emotion (which just makes it an even better plus when the "quarians" end up really, really, good looking). She's so cute and naive, while also being courageous and daring.

I used to be a straight up sniper or an adept. And liked to play form safe distances, picking things off one by one. But ever since the multiplayer came out it's made me into a CQC master. No more lounging on the back lines for me, shotgun to the face destroy everything! Even though I still love adepts, and the idea of biotics in general

For some of the multiplayer users out there. Mind if I ask what your favorite character/build is?

I'm a huge fan of the drell myself, always loved the "power and speed in exchange for durability" concept, and I love the infiltrator, just devastates.

#75 Ashen, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  16. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I play as the geth trooper alot. I use the apocolypse pistop to remove shields & barriers quickly and then I flame them to death.

17. Ashen

:eusa_doh:

Ah, ye olde tried and true geth trooper pyro build. Highly common IIRC, with the massive shields and power boost from fortification, along with the power amp on the pistol from the last DLC. He can be very devastating, the Geth were always my second favorite class to play as, but after I accidently played a Drell vanguard on gold, and things ended up going flawlessly, the Drell have been my go-to ever since!

For my infiltrator I usually use a Piranha, with max points in the fitness and recon mine, plus those amazing passives, go around shooting things with the Piranha and blowing them up with recon mine. It hasn't failed me yet and I've never failed a gold with him, he's also very useful on platinum.

18. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Is the drell vanguard that good? Im awful with vanguards, I do like the Krogan one though.

19. Ashen

The krogan vanguard is amazing for everyone :wink:

Look at it this way, the Drell vanguard can carry MORE weight than a krogan (buffs allowed all drells to carry 20 pounds more than standard races, another buff allowed the Drell vanguard to carry 20 more than that) so You can put the shotgun you want on him and still end up with an insane recharge speed for biotic charge. Put on top of that the fact that the Drell have the best weapon/power passive combo in the game (with no one passing them in powers, and only the turians passing them in weapons), maxing that out allows you to do massive weapon bonus and pack some extra muscle onto your biotic charge. Then there's your fitness, which, when maxed out, makes you have only 50 less barrier than a standard human, and 900 health, plus you get the 20% movement speed bonus. This makes him a lot more durable in my book, plus you gain damage resistance frames when using his acrobatic dodge and take less damage. Besides that, with his power buffs you can easily make cluster grenades a nice "oh shit!' option as your backup. But my general advice on on drell...

NO PULL. EVER.

The main thing to remember is never stop moving, when you charge, move around while you shoot your gun, then as soon as charge is ready, charge again. Continue to hammer your enemy and never let up, it takes some getting used to, but if definitely an amazing class.

20. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest