1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mass effect?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SpectreStatus, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Jake Fang

Jake Fang Guest

Yes!! My big brother got me into it (since we have the same game system) He told me to try it out (sadly i played the 3rd first) and i became addicted to it. I played the second and third and got the 1st on my PC so been playing it every once in awhile.

I romanced Liara at first, liked it but then went to Garrus and stayed to him XD I absolutely love him!!!

2. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I've played since the first Mass Effect came out (femshep ftw,) and when I knew that I could transfer my save I had to go through it a second time to perfect my game.

Honestly, by the time 3 came out and I realized I messed stuff up even as far back as the first game in terms of what could be transferred, I decided to start back over at 1 and go through it all as male shep so I can also romance Kaiden.

I have enormous amounts of time it seems...

3. SpectreStatus

Psst on Xbox 360 you can download "genesis" in me2 (unsure on other platforms.) It's an interactive comic which lets you make all the big decisions in 1 without having to actually play it.

Awesome if you don't have the time to play me1 again... Personally I've played it so many times I cannot put up with the mako for another second.

Also, I always have time for mass effect if it makes you feel any better.

4. Exoskeleton

You can get the comic for PS3, too. I didn't download the free DLC that came with the PS3 version the first time I played through. It was unfortunate. By default, for femShep it had me sacrifice the council, save Kaiden, and kill Wrex. Literally the opposite of what my main Shep would have picked.

5. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I actually enjoy Mass Effect 1 the most out of the three to be honest! Plus if memory serves Genesis doesn't allow you to make the slightly smaller decisions like sparing that female crime lord from the Presidium ( I can't recall her name to save my life), or going through the Rear Admiral Kahoku quest line to get some of the bonus Cerberus dialogue in ME2.

I'm kinda crazy about completion.

6. SpectreStatus

Hell yeah Kaiden always burns for me.

Oh my... A game without Wrex is one I would not wish to play!

---------- Post added 27th Mar 2013 at 07:56 PM ----------

100% correct. Was so annoyed when I got to me3 and no major Kirrahe. NOOOO!
    But if you're too lazy to put up with the mako... It's a small sacrifice to pay

#26 SpectreStatus, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  7. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

Am I the only one who really wasn't bothered by the Mako and still manages to search and gather all resources on the available worlds in every play through?

I've played through ME1 as femshep as a few different classes just in case I decide to go through all three games with them eventually...

I'm not crazy....I'm not crazy....

8. SpectreStatus

I hated the mako with a passion but I still tried to gather all resources. I even went on Wikipedia once and got every single mission listing for me1 and completed all of them.

So I think you've found someone more crazy than you...

Don't worry, I have several characters as well.

The shame :eusa_doh:

9. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I remember playing ME2 on one play through that I decided to not complete Bring Down the Sky in ME1 (I'd rather go exploring with the Mako all day), and realizing it affected some random news report you could hear, and having some slight effect on a ME3 war asset (which if memory serves you can still receive). I was absolutely furious at myself and haven't picked that play through back up after I rage quit.

10. SpectreStatus

The latest playthrough I did I opted for a renegade character... I'm always paragon.
    I like to stick to either full paragon or renegade so I can ensure I get full dialogue options. (I get mad when I don't have full dialogue options -.-)
    Not giving Tali a hug when her father died was horrendous :'(
    I haven't played that character much after that, pretty sure that Shepard is going straight to hell.
    However kicking that guy out of the window was strangely satisfying... "How about goodbye" Paha. Good old evil shep.

11. Sahale

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was such a completionist with ME/ME2.
    If only the stuff you chose actually mattered in ME3 ... don't get me wrong, I love the multiplayer, and there were some cool scenes (Mordin's death, chosing the Geth and watching all the Quarians die, and the last convo between FemShep/Garrus), but overall, it was a huge disappointment.
    What's with all the Tali love around here? I can't stand her. I never hug her when her dad dies (and I usually laugh a bit :lol:slight_smile:
    Oh, and it goes without saying that I usually get her killed in the Suicide Mission. Usually side with Legion too when they're arguing. He's freaking awesome ...
    In ME3 you should really have been able to have either him or Tali as a squaddie depending on who you side with (or both, if you make the compromise)

12. Level75

Tali and Garrus are among my favorite squad mates, along with Wrex and Mordin.

As for Liara, yeah, I picked up on that. I usually romance Kaidan. Even then, it always seems like there's this sexual undertone between BroShep and Liara. I think Liara was probably the most intended romance option in the series. Hell, she's the only one who can't even die until the absolute last possible moment.

I was shocked and pissed off when I found out 64% of players kill Wrex in the first game.

So disappointed (in the best Turial Rebel voice I can make).

#32 Level75, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  13. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

In my defense I have never killed Wrex, and even my first play through I had no idea we'd come to a stand-off.

Yay for being a member of another minority!

14. SpectreStatus

Yeah I definitely think Liara was the main option for romance. She was pretty much in me3 from the beginning. Seemed to be more dialogue available with her throughout the game compared to the others... The story seemed to be more focused on her. She liked to stalk shep a lot I found.

When it comes to Wrex... I introduced a friend to me1 and he was like "yeah I killed Wrex." I was like do you not know the repercussions!?!?!? REDO IT!!!

Personally my favourites are all the original me1 squad. I just couldn't really connect to the me2 squad. In my opinion they wasn't as good.

15. Level75

One thing I felt 1 and 3 both had over 2 was more interaction between your squad members. In 1, you had the elevators. And in 3, you could walk in on your squad mates having conversations with each other. In 2, they all just seemed to hang out at their own stations and hardly ever interact. It's as though they only talk to Shepard and weren't aware of each others' existence.

Any squad mates that I liked in 2 ended up being mostly by virtue of their role in 3. Ex. Mordin, Legion, Miranda each had more expanded roles in 3 compared to, say, Zaeed, Samara, or Jacob. You really couldn't get a comprehensive idea of how they were as people.

You know who would've made a great squad member in 3 instead of James Vega? Kirrahe.

#35 Level75, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  16. SpectreStatus

I agree with you there. Obviously there would be tension amongst the alien crew... Due to it being a Cerberus ship. So I would expect them to avoid Miri/Jacob. But it doesn't quite make sense why they wouldn't band together. Like literally everyone was in separate parts of the ship.

Yeah I didn't really rate vega, he was pretty much a non-entity for me. Also started on bad terms in the beginning. Everyone should know by now you do not question Shepard!

When it comes to an alternative to vega, Kirrahe would have made an interesting addition. Hold the line etc etc.. However, I would have much preferred Conrad verner... Jokes :lol:

Thoughts on me4?

17. Level75

He's creepy enough for the 5 minutes you have to deal with him each game without him being a permanent squad member...

Speaking of Conrad Verner, one thing I also feel uncomfortable about now is that I didn't start with the first game because it wasn't available on PS3. I started on 2. So I played through it and 3 and never really had the same experience and familiarity with characters like Verner or Kirrahe; they don't appear if you start from the second game. It's assumed that they're dead. And while I knew Wrex was a former squad member, I myself as the player didn't really have that history with him. He was always and NPC to me.

So now whenever I play the first game, I almost feel like I'm playing with a secret character whenever put him on my squad. It's weird. Not complaining because I now get the full experience. But still...weird.

No thoughts on it really. Regardless of whether people liked 3's ending or not, it's over. If there must be a 4th, I would really it be completely unrelated to the events of the first games. A fresh start. No file save transfers, no decisions from the previous trilogy carrying over. Like maybe something so far into the future that the events of these games are irrelevant. Or maybe another universe entirely where the Reaper threat doesn't exist.

Keep similar gameplay mechanics so that it's still Mass Effect. But I just feel like we're done with Shepard and Friends. Especially after the closure from Citadel DLC.

#37 Level75, Mar 28, 2013
  18. SpectreStatus

Yeah I agree. Whilst I loved the Shepard saga... They've well and truly killed it now.
    I am interested to see where they will go with it though. Whether it will be a prequel or a sequel.
    Personally I believe a sequel will be a lot harder what with the destruction etc.

I'm glad they haven't finished the mass effect franchise as they are brilliant. They've only just scratched the surface of the possibilities of potential stories.

They've made it very clear they are not going to make a Shepard 2, which I'm ok about. Might be interesting if you could play as an alien. Maybe incorporate some skyrim where you can choose your race?

The possibilities are endless! As long as there's good dialogue, awesome powers and amazing guns I shall be happy.

I love dragon age as well. Bioware games are definitely my favourite. There aren't many games out there that could trump the diversity of the dialogue in those games.

#38 SpectreStatus, Mar 28, 2013
  19. Level75

You know...between Conrad wanting to get pictures of Shepard holding a gun, and his dramatic "And then you DIED!" in 2, I was ready to call him out on his crap about having a wife. But there was no dialogue option for that. :frowning2:

20. SpectreStatus

I did find it strangely odd he went off with that woman in me3... Perhaps he just said he was married to make shep jealous :wink:

The glitch in me2 did quite annoy me though... Even if I didn't pull a gun on him in me1 it still said I did in 2. I was like nooooo! I'm a paragon.. See.. No scars!

I think it would be awesome if the clone from the citadel dlc was actually Conrad. Paha could you imagine it.

I didn't quite rate the whole clone story. If he was made to give shep extra organs etc.. An arm.. A leg! Then why isn't he missing any parts -.-
    Shep was pretty banged up to say the least.
    Was there more than one clone?