1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mass effect?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SpectreStatus, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Level75

If you talk to him enough in 3, he admits 2 things:
    1. He doesn't have a wife.
    2. He has a poster of Shepard surrounded by candles. He says he keeps it "tasteful". FemShep AND BroShep

[YOUTUBE]9eow4XCnq_M[/YOUTUBE]

Starts at 1:47

#41 Level75, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  2. Sahale

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lawl, EAware isn't getting any more of my money ... might be worth picking up from the bargain bin (should only take a year or so after its release) if I'm bored.
    Seriously, the ME3 single player was such a disappointment, I've completely lost faith in Bioware. I finished it, and then I realized I had just played a JRPG, and I felt kind of dirty inside, hah.

3. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a crazy Mass Effect fan. I'm obviously a Liara fan. I also really love Kaidan he is a great guy and I paired him up with one of my femsheps. I love Legion and Thane and Wrex and Garrus. :slight_smile:

4. CTJ

CTJ

I've said it before but i really think a prequel game set during the Rachni wars would make for an amazing game for the Mass effect series. I like the idea of seeing the galaxy back then, the Quarians and Batarians still on the Citadel, Krogan seen as saviors of the galaxy and the Turians not part of the council. It could even include hints of the reapers seeing as they're the ones the indoctrinated the Rachni into going to war.

I doubt that they'd risk making a game with no Humans though, personally i think the franchise is established enough to risk it. But i doubt EA would allow it.

5. SpectreStatus

That's a really good idea actually... I've never thought of that one.

I do agree with you about EA/bioware not allowing a game without humans though.

If they were going to make a game without humans though, I think they could get away with it if they made something similar to dragon age origins. Where you could pick your race and class... Giving a slightly different story throughout each play through.

I always thought if they were going to make a prequel it would be about the first contact war with the turians though. It would be playing it safe if humans were in the story.

6. INTJ

Out Status:
    Some people
    Anyone play the Citadel DLC?

I thought it was amazing. Got pretty emotional at the party as I was realising.... this is it. There is no more of this wonderful story involving Shepard and his amazing crew. :frowning2:

The only thing I wish I could re-do is not get everyone smashed. My last moments with my team mates were them waking up with hangovers. Regardless well worth the $/MP. Definitely get it :slight_smile:

7. SpectreStatus

I thought the story was a bit pants to be honest. But I did enjoy the pistol you get with it lol.
    It was nice to have a farewell with the crew though.
    I got a bit over excited about playing it though.. It was before I finished the mission on sanctuary so there was no Miranda on it -.-

On a separate note I've just completed the halo 4 campaign. WOW is all I can say!
    Anyone else played it?
    I was like hmm.. That voice sounds familiar when this character called Palmer was talking. Yup it's FemShep lol

#47 SpectreStatus, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  8. INTJ

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm going to throw the idea up into the air and ask if anyone is up for some multiplayer some time? I live in Australia so it might be hard for me to actually participate in these sort of things but I think it would be a fun thing to do. I'm free most weekends anyway. Mics or no mics is fine.

9. SpectreStatus

I'd be up for multiplayer.. although I'm out of practice thanks to halo 4... But you're not allowed to post gamer tags etc on the forum... You shall be banned for 30 days if so. (Pretty sure that's what the alert said lol)

10. Convoy

If EA left bioware alone.. IKD. I like the series however the limited FOV (70 degrees! That's like wearing an eye-patch and putting a cardboard tube over my eye!) and purchase incentives on the third one just made it mediocre.

I didn't pay full price and I still didn't like it game-play wise; it would have probably taken all of at the most a few hours for someone to clean it up and make it play better and yet it was never done. /I'm done w/EA.

11. INTJ

Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh your right. I can understand why that rule is in place.

Probably better to just scrap the idea.

12. SpectreStatus

Indeed, unless you want loads of random people having access to your gamertag :wink:

You can private message people once you become a full member though. So maybe in the future we can :wink:

13. MichaelB

I LOVE Mass Effect.

Favourite characters would be; Garrus, Jack, Kaidan, Legion and James.

I wish Jack had more content in Mass Effect 3. I love her character, yet her almost complete lack of any sort of presence in the third installment just makes me avoid her. :frowning2:

Wish Garrus was an S/S choice >.>. I think I only like Kaidan because he's romancable by a manShep haha, fickle I know.

I keep trying to do another playthrough, but after about 9 playthroughs of the first game, I just can't bring myself to do it. The combat/graphics are so, so so bad. :frowning2:

14. SpectreStatus

Yeah I noticed that in 3. But to be honest most of the characters from me2 have pretty limited appearances in it.

But then again you have to feel sorry for the poor people who romanced Thane...

Uh oh, probably not a good time for me to say I always leave Kaiden in a fiery pit of doom on Virmire.. Oops.

I know exactly how you feel there. Trying to get into cover in me1 is borderline impossible and don't even get me started on the mako! I can't begin to tell you how many times I've burned in a lava pit.... However, that could be due to my "woman driver" skills.

I tried another playthrough a few weeks ago... Got to the prothean beacon... Then started playing me3 haha!

15. MichaelB

I forgot about the mako, holy fuck haha. Worst possible game mechanic I've ever seen, and I still can't believe people liked it. They campaigned for it's return so much, they added vehicle combat in a DLC of Mass Effect 2 (Overlord project I think?)

WHY?! I cringe when every time I have to drive that piece of crap haha. I usually recruit Liara last because of it... >.>

and nah, I don't blame you about Kaidan at all. I find his character rather boring, but as a kinsy 4 male gamer, I was always sorta drawn to him (always did get the gay vibe from him... haha). But, like I said, he's definitely a rather boring character. He's no Fenris or Anders anyway (if you play other Bioware games? Dragon Age 2 is awesome for characters :grin:)

#55 MichaelB, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  16. SpectreStatus

It's kind of like you don't have much to choose from. Kaiden sends me to sleep whenever he talks. Then ash is a super racist. I do quite like ash though... Once she gets over the whole "I hate aliens" thing... She does have character. But part of me still thinks if I were Shepard I'd be like "oops, no time to rescue either... Leg it!"

Both of them are total bitches in me2 whatever you do. Words can't describe how much that miffed me.

Oh yes, I play dragonage as well. Origins & 2. Origins is painful to play like me1 :lol:

Which is a shame as the characters & story is just so amazing.

I'm super excited for da3, apparently they are doing skyrim-esque scenery and not replicating like they did before. I found it odd how every cave was exactly the same layout but had different bits blocked off... And a slightly different colouring lol.

17. gingerbreadcat

Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh, man.... Bioware. They keep breaking my heart but I still come back for more. D: I still haven't learned my lesson and am impatiently waiting for DA3! haha

Favourite characters? Well if I had to choose they'd be Miranda, Liara and Tali. Jack too, maybe? AND CHAKWAS. Spacemom. u v u

I dunno - playing through these games I became really attached to all these characters. These games are really immersive and if there's one thing Bioware KNOWS how to do is write characters. None of them are perfect and they're all "humanly" flawed.

I wish they'd removed the gender-exclusion in the romance options like they did in DAII though. I kinda feel like Femshep got the short end of the stick LI-wise. :/

Miranda though. :'>
    [​IMG]

I disagree with your stance on Ash, though. She may have started out as ignorance and kinda racist towards aliens, but she really grew as a person in terms of that. In the last game she's shown to have overcome whatever problems she had with them before. And her pseudo-older sister relationship with Tali is adorable.

18. SpectreStatus

Apologies, I didn't make myself clear. I wasn't too keen on Ash in me1 & 2. She was a lot better in 3. However, the whole not trusting Shepard thing was a bit frustrating. I still save her every time on Virmire as I do prefer her to Kaiden. She has her flaws but at least she's interesting.

I do like a MShep/ash romance as I think they suit each other very well.

I agree with you on the FemShep romances, she definitely got the short straw. At least she can have Liara though... Kind of makes up for it :wink:

19. Sahale

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Meh, Bioware characters used to be really awesome, but in ME3 it was kind of hit or miss. Either they were amazingly written and said/did things that really epitomize who they are that show how the events of the previous games changed them as [people] (Garrus, Mordin) or they were just shallow and not really believable (virtually every ME2 squaddie besides Garrus and Mordin).
    I get that a lot of people would have playthroughs where a bunch of people died in ME2, but that (was) kind of supposed to be the point of ME3 -- to see how your choices affected the outcome in the end. Then the only difference it really made was a 25 point war asset that didn't even affect the ending.
    Oh, and the Joker/EDI and Garrus/Tali hookups were just ... awful.

Haha, for a game that I hate, I sure play ME3 a lot ... well, the multiplayer, at least. I did two playthroughs (one hardcore, one insanity).

20. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Love this series, especially multiplayer on 3 which I spent many hours playing until my dick of a brother sold them without me knowing when I was away :/. I always chose Garrus in every game. On 2 I either used Legion, Grunt or Thane with Garrus. Didnt care much about the characters on 3 though.