1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married and also involved

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Stuck42, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Stuck42

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am married to a wonderful man and we have 2 kids. I have always been curious about women so I started looking to see if there were other people like me. I met someone on a dating site and we have been talking for a while. She is an open spirit and talks to many many women and sends pics to them. She says I am very important to her. We have met up several times. I feel that I have strong feelings for her and I am in way over my head..more than she is. I love my husband and don't want to leave..but I think I may love her too and she is not interested in the same way. How do I deal with these feelings? Do I just take it day by day and just see her when I can? It hurts.

2. Mabel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would be very cautious with this especially if you feel she may not be as invested as you. How you proceed depends on many things. Have you tried talking to your partner about your feelings for women? It's not always possible but if it is talking it through with him before leaping in might be best. If you do anything before talking to him it can effect your options later if things get complicated.

I can tell you that talking to my husband before hand and being frank has really been instrumental in keeping this all very healthy for us and our kids. It's been hard but healthy. You don't know how you are going to feel after having experiences. It's helpful to consider possibilities as you move forward, especially when kids are involved.

driedroses likes this.
  3. Stuck42

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't talk to my husband. I don't think he would understand. Nor my kids. I don't want to lose them but I feel so stuck...I know I want to see this girl as much as I can which is like maybe 1-2 times a month. I am way more into her, but I can't quit her! She says she cares for me too but doesn't really show that we are in the same page. Don't know where to go or what to do at this point. I'm trying to take it day by day but when I don't hear from her I feel empty.

4. Mabel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This situation has red flags written all over it. How long have you been talking to this woman? Have you been intimate?

I would follow your gut in how she seems to see your relationship differently. The more you get attached the more it will hurt if things end. Maybe slow things down a notch? It may be helpful to take time and understand yourself and what you want. You made a big discovery about yourself here and that's the really important thing. No relationships do well if you don't care for yourself first.

mattblack and RJay like this.
  5. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So it sounds like you are willing to cheat just to be with this girl versus talking to your husband about these feelings. I'm assuming everyone knows about your situation but the person that should actually know. You can wait for her to solidify her feelings for you before you make a major move or you can secretly keep seeing her until she gives you the security you need to leave. I recommend talking to your husband and telling him your clearly not happy and you have stronger feelings for someone else but be cautious because you can risk it all for nothing

mattblack likes this.
  6. Stuck42

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    We have been talking for a few months and yes, we have been intimate on several occasions. She is married also but he is aware of her bi sexual nature and he knows about me. She is not intimate with anyone else but me and her husband except one drunk hook up. I am not intimate with anyone but her and my husband. I see the red flags. She is my first encounter with a woman so it makes it that much more involved for me. She is just so much more open and sends pics to lots of women, she flirts constantly with women and loves the attention. She says I am different and she has feelings for me but doesn't want any kind of "relationship".. I know I'm going to end up hurt..im 100% sure of that. I am playing with fire. I appreciate someone to talk to...I need to get this all out and have nobody in my life who would understand...

7. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should be happy as well but not at the expense of someone else.

driedroses likes this.
  8. Stuck42

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nobody else knows except my best friend because I had to tell someone! I love my husband, but I also found something new out about myself. I don't want to risk losing him but I don't want to lose this girl. She and I will never end up together..she is happily married as well. We meet up occasionally because there is some distance to travel. I don't know where it ever could go except where we are now....

9. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad that you are realizing something new about yourself and you should definitely talk more about it, I mean if this girl doesn't work out which she clearly stated she doesn't want a relationship, there will probably be another girl that you will like and you shouldn't have to conceal who you are.

10. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What would you like to happen if you could have it your way?

Stuck42 likes this.
  11. Stuck42

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nobody has asked me that..wow... ummmmm, I guess if I was honest I would want to live closer to her and see her a couple times a week and still be with my husband and she with hers. The distance makes it harder too. I miss her when we part. I want a fairy tale that will never happen unfortunately. Thanks for your communication with me, I appreciate it. How old are you? You seem wise in these things lol

12. Mabel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It sounds to me like she has been very clear that she can't give you what it seems you are wanting. I really don't think the most important question is this relationship. That seems answered. You get hurt now or you get hurt later.

So my gut tells me you need to give the relationship space and think about the other aspects of what you are experiencing. I do think there are situations where infidelity is warranted. Everybody deserves to be happy and some people have extreme circumstances. I also think that honesty is the best way to go. Now that you know this about yourself, maybe take some time to reflect how you want to move forward in your marriage. A therapist could help you with that and help you with understanding more about who you are. It might be a really good place to start.

I really think, from what you shared, this relationship isn't healthy for you. Just think about what you have discovered about you. It's a wonderful thing and you deserve to be happy. I think you can find away with some thoughtful soul searching. I know it will hurt to let go, but other doors will open. If you are thoughtful and careful, they could be a much better fit for your life.

13. Stuck42

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What you said makes perfect sense..and you are right, I either hurt now or hurt later. It's true. I also fear that I will end up finding out that I am not bi but full on lesbian. I love my husband but the excitement of this new discovery has taken over my mindset. It's not fair to him. I think therapy is a good option. He was raised pretty strict so me being gay may just be something he can't handle.

14. Stuck42

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Both of you have really allowed me to say the things I wanted to say out loud but have not been able to..so I thank you. Maybe I can keep in touch with you in case I need more advice!

BosiMalkia likes this.
  15. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 28, and I agree with Mabel, it will be hard but these feelings are not going to go away. Definitely do not do anything that will damage your well being. Maybe ask your husband how he feels about bisexual women not referring to yourself but in a co-worker or a random person scenario and see how he reacts. The fantasy of living together doesn't seem like it will happen but you could I guess continue to see her but you will probably grow stronger feelings. It's best to realize you girls will only will be intimate and that's ok as long as all parties know. You will slowly start to think in a more rational way versus jumping off a cliff making love crazy decisions

16. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anytime stuck42, be safe, happy, and most importantly content with thyself. You seem great so do not be surprised if you start having girls fall in love with you.

Stuck42 likes this.
  17. Stuck42

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks! I won't hold my breath on the girls falling for me! This was kind of a fluke that she and I ended up together..I can't see being with another woman at this point. I guess down the road...

18. Mabel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have dealt with a similar situation, not quite the same though. I didn't meet my girlfriend on a dating site but a support site, much like this one but for bisexual women and I had been on there for three years before I met her. I wasn't looking for a relationship. My husband knew as soon as I started questioning my sexuality, he knew about the site and opening our marriage was something we talked about a great deal, but didn't feel right until I met her. My husband trusted her and I did too. She handled it differently. She didn't tell her husband. She lives in a very conservative area and has an extremely religious family. Telling him would mean she loses everything in a big way. He is not religious but he would not be able to handle it. We both felt good about our limitations because neither of us wanted to leave our marriages and upend our lives. There was a balance that worked. It worked for three years.

Things have changed though. Early on in my relationship with her I felt a difference. I knew there would be excitement from learning about myself and the new relationship, so I rode the wave and decided three years later (now) that the excitement has waned and the difference in intimacy is still there. I really feel now I was meant to be a woman. This has changed everything. There is no more balance, I want more and she can't give it, my husband and are splitting (still best friends and working through that together).

My point in telling you this is that you I feel you are in that new relationship/new understanding of your sexuality place and you really aren't in a good place to do drastic things. It's a good time to read up on relationships like this. Books on sexuality, polyamory etc. . Just soak it all in and process it because it's not going anywhere and you need to be in a balanced place so you can find a healthy path.

I by no means consider my opinions the only opinion. I'm only giving my thoughts from my perspective and experience, every one is so different. At the least I hope it helps you feel not so alone.

19. Stuck42

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Your situation sounds very similar to mine..except I am the one who can't tell my husband. This girl lives 100 miles from me. We can't see each other by maybe once every 2 weeks or so. I don't know what I want. I won't leave my family and she won't leave hers. So really this is only going as far as it is now. There is no future for either of us. So do I stay in it and just enjoy her company when I get it? It takes over my mind..like when she doesn't text or talk to me I just get really anxious and upset. It's not fair to me or my family. Not sure how to separate it from an intimate encounter every once in a while to wanting to be a big part of her life. How do I balance it all??

20. Mabel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Similar but we have been exclusive with each other since we started three years ago. We have stayed together for three years because we talk every morning and every night. We have 7 hours travel between us so we see each other at the most one every three months. We video call one night a week. She has one child and he is 18, so travel is easier for her. She doesn't flirt with other women or send pictures etc. so those are some differences. This relationship is important to her she just still loves her husband, her choice would be to have us both. Which might of been possible if I weren't gay, that changed everything.

If a relationship as you questioning and anxious that frequently. It's a good guess that it isn't a good fit for you. Those feelings aren't going to go away and I think they are trying to tell you something about this relationship.