1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Movies

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TheDude, Feb 5, 2012.

1. mickie newton

Just finished watching Imagine Me and You and REALLY loved it. It was a lovely love story that wasn't filled with sex left right and centre. Sex in a film doesn't bother me, but sometimes, especially in gay films, they feel a need to put it in there regardless of story-line etc and more often than not it isn't necessary. And sometimes it's nice to have a gay related film that ALL your family, regardless of sexual orientation or age, can watch. And this is definitely one of those. I know my niece would love this because it's just a great love story! :icon_bigg And lets face it girls Lena Headey is easy on the eye! :grin:

2. SparkDT

3. SheWhoHasNoName

Milk (I cried SOO hard through the WHOLE thing)
    Prayers for Bobby and Brokeback Mountain (I cried at the end in BOTH of them)
    Latter Days, Make the Yuletide Gay, Touch of Pink, Mambo Italiano, Curiosity of Chance

I have seriously yet to find a lesbian movie that I actually love

4. caramba2654

Well, there's this Brazilian short called "Eu Não Quero Voltar Sozinho", which translates to "I don't want to go back alone". It's about 20 minutes and talks about a blind boy that falls in love with a friend. Because I'm friendly, here you go the video:

(BTW, you can turn on subtitles. Just click on the CC button at the video bar.)

[youtube]1Wav5KjBHbI[/youtube]

#184 caramba2654, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  5. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have you watched But I'm a Cheerleader? I kind of like that one :slight_smile:

6. jvn95

Has anyone watched a film called "the bird cage"?

It's freaking hilarious!

It's got guys guys and drag queens, not to mention the voice actors the genie from alladin and Timon from Lion king! :slight_smile:

7. MixedNutz

That movie is HALARIOUS

8. NikkiPardus

9. mickie newton

Here's two films you can find on Youtube!

I've just finished watching a film called 'Normal' staring Tom Wilkinson as a man who reveals to his wife of 25 years, played by Jessica Lange, that he is a woman trapped in a mans body. It follows Roy's (Wilkinsons) transition and Irma's (lange) exceptance of this person she cannot live without regardless of who they are. It's a tremendous film. I found myself pleasantly surprised how good it was. But it has two excellent leads anyway!

Here's a link to the film

Another excellent film is 'The Children's Hour' from 1961 staring Audrey Hepburn and Shelley Maclane as two head-teachers of a girls boarding school. A child, who is a trouble causer, implies that the two women are having unnatural relations and it follows the result of the child's accusations. It's a film that pulls no punches and never tries to hide the fact they are accused of being gay.

Link To Part 1/7

Hope you enjoy them both

10. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like "But I'm a Cheerleader" as a comedy/drama film. I liked "Mysterious Skin" for it's realism. I should put a caution about that movie, though, it is rated NC17 for a good reason - it is very dark/graphic. It is NOT a movie for the weak at heart.

11. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Alright, so I recently saw the first two "Eating Out" movies...kinda lowbrow comedies, though can't complain about the male eye candy...overall the first film was better in my opinion.

Was a little disappointed the character Marc, played by a super-hot Ryan Carnes in the first film, was played by a different actor in the 2nd...his character was IMO also made unlikeable in the 2nd film too, whereas I liked the nice Marc of the 1st film. It wasn't believable that he was even the same character other than in name; I would have rather they just dropped the character like they did with Caleb rather than bring back a "Marc" who doesn't look or act the same as the original.

But one thing I found strange was how the character Kyle, played by Jim Verraros, was treated in both films as if he were the most unattractive freak on the planet that nobody would ever want to be with. At the end of the first film, Gwen screams about how Marc is way out of his league and how nobody would ever want to date Kyle. In the 2nd film, Marc cheats on Kyle relentlessly since Kyle is apparently such an unattractive loser. I mean, if Kyle/Jim Verraros is ugly, I don't know what hope the rest of us have. I thought he was gorgeous in both films, tied with Marc in the 1st film and much hotter than anyone in the 2nd film, including the 2nd film "Marc".

Kyle and the 1st film Marc I thought fit together the best as the hottest couple, I wish I could have seen them together earlier than the last five minutes. (And their love scene isn't until after the credits, and is edited out on the version I saw :frowning2:).

(Supposedly there are 3rd and 4th and 5th films, but they don't have any of the same characters and I'm not sure whether I want to see them.)

Anyone else who has seen the "Eating Out" films agree/disagree with my perspective?

12. burton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    twin town :slight_smile:
    is the best movie ever

13. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I watched all of them, and you should definitly watch the following three films. I found them overall pretty funny. Don't expect great acting or writing though.

14. Jonimarie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :icon_bigg

Yes actually, after I posted this ... I saw Private Romeo about 2 weeks later. LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added 29th Nov 2012 at 11:30 AM ----------

Right ... Loved that movie. Didn't want it to end.

15. mickie newton

I've just got "But I'm a Cheerleader" not had chance to watch it yet....looking forward to seeing it :slight_smile:

16. Bleak

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My favorite films are
    • Children of Men
    • Summer Storm
    • Jitters
    • The Man Who Loved Yngve
    • Latter Days
    • Prayers for Bobby

17. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love pretty much what everyone has said before, trying to be a little original...

Weekend, which is on Netflix, is a really good one, I would definitely suggest it.

~Josie

18. alex1170

Weekend is by far the best one I have seen.

Others I liked:
    Mulligans - good
    Beautiful thing - good
    the war boys - pretty good
    Denied - Great, but subtitles help a lot (hard to hear what they are saying sometimes)

I have not seen the movie Denied mentioned before so I would recommend it.

19. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just watched it last night on iTunes - funny overall, with a positive message. ”If this world won’t give you the things that you want — love, kids, a family – then I am going to have to change the world, because I will not have it change you!”.

20. toms7

I dont remember the names now but i can tell that brokeback mountain is the best movie i have even seen like ,it brings toooooo much emotion! Even more than titanic! In my opinion!