1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Movies

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TheDude, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Of these, I've only seen "Brokeback Mountain." I was expecting it to be great, but it was just good. I probably shouldn't complain.

"Strangers at the Lake?" I plugged it in to a search engine and got "Stranger by the Lake," which I have heard about. It's a French thriller, right? I watched the tense trailer, it gets good write-ups, and it's on my list.

I saw "Battle of the Sexes" while on vacation. The ad was on the side of a city bus so I went to a matinee. I liked it more than I thought I would. The casting really worked. I've watched it twice.

This is going further back. I saw "Far from Heaven" with a friend. It's that common situation where a clean cut married company man has to own up to his sexual desires for men. It has Dennis Quaid and Julianne Moore. It's good. There isn't that much character development of it building up to this for Dennis Quaid. The weird part is that he meets a guy roughly his own age in a bar and takes him back to his office one evening. But at the end of the movie, he's shown phoning his ex (Julianne Moore) and he's got a fresh faced late teen in the hotel room with him on vacation. My friend leaned over and said, "I give it 6 months." I said, "Four." When we came across people in unlikely match-ups that didn't look like they would work at all, we'd say "FFH!"

2. Ingvermama

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There are lots of LGBT characters! It’s a brilliant show, I’ve loved it right from the beginning, and even though parts of it are quite grim, it’s very enjoyable.