1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets talk sexy - what personality traits turn you on?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jutwanahaveboys, Jan 27, 2013.

1. MerBear

all the girls i seem to crush on are always intelligent. totally opposite from me

2. Same here only for girls and they have to be really confident

3. Alexander69

Cocky, tough, athletic, smart, pretty, medium voice, dominant, romantic, caring, understanding.

4. MysticalFantasy

Out Status:
    Some people
    I just love an awkward intelligent girl, ones that are dorky and have a dry sense of humour. People find them lame but gawd i find them sexy.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sure, I can imagine that. I rather like some shy, insecure types, if I can maintain a functional relationship.

6. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, when it comes to women, I think there's a certain thread in what I'm attracted to. I tend to go for or crush on women who stand out, mentally and definitely physically. I like a woman who is quirky, weird in her own way, sarcastic -- but also knows how to respect other people's opinions, and is understanding when the time calls for it. I find someone who's very physically affectionate very appealing, and intelligent -- meaning that they're fairly well-read in literature, likes having discussions, and is pretty well aware of issues in the world.

Someone who defies societal constructions of what a 'woman' should be, and doesn't really give a shit. Someone who is somewhat 'hard' on the outside, but soft and intimate on the inside. Gotta have a sense of humor too, and can see the funny things in life. Laughter is sexy. :slight_smile:

Oh, and above all, being artistic wouldn't hurt at all. It can be anything from writing poetry, drawing, being a clothing designer, a painter, musician, or what have you. But as someone who thrives on art and creating it, it'd be cool to find an artistic connection in another person and to have that creative 'drive' that we can both relate to. Even better if they're driven, and using creativity is part of their job. A husky voice wouldn't hurt either. :wink:

7. isobella

Is this a sexual thing? Oh.. well I seem to have a thing for fictional villains going on~ It's rather embarrassing, really.
    Romantically, the absolute opposite.

8. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

I'm willing to date a variety of personalities, but the ones that come up in my fantasies most often are sensitive, gentle, extroverted, open, honest, simple, and helpful. In personality theories that would be ExFx sanguine e2 so.

9. LouisKat

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, on the one hand, I like shy, sweet people who are nervous and awkward. On the other hand, what I really like is someone who is feminine (male or female), sweet, seemingly gentle but who knows what they want and, when it comes down to it, is just downright aggressive. I like confident people who are bold and playful.

10. jutwanahaveboys

11. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Mature
    Confident
    Super sweet
    A bit of a rebel
    Loyal
    Stays true to her beliefs
    Awesome personality
    Romantic

12. castle walls

Off the top of my head, I like:
    • Compassionate
    • Ambitious
    • Intelligent
    • Good sense of humor
    • Easygoing
    • Courageous
    • Ethical
    • Creative
    • Loyal
    • Adventurous
    • Open minded
    • Has a passion for something

I would also prefer to have similar political and religious views. Basically, I want someone that I can talk to, have fun with, and feel safe with

13. jp16

Faithful, Intelligent, Dependent, Kind, Romantic, Objective and have a Sense of Humor.

14. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, at least for me, personality traits really aren't "sexy" to me. It's more of whether or not they hook me into possibly crushing on the person. I think the thing that attracts me to guys more than girls is the quiet, assertive confidence guys often have (and girls too, but to a much rarer extent). The kind of confidence that doesn't require confirmation from others, they're not arrogant, they don't need to shut other people down, or seek attention.

Another key thing for me to find someone attractive is intelligence, or perhaps more of a desire to learn; powerful curiosity. The person doesn't necessarily have to be extremely smart, I just would value a partner who would be able to match my desire to learn and grow, and go along with me :slight_smile:. I love to talk about various ideas I have with people close to me, so a partner who would equally enjoy that, and want to discuss things that interest them in return would be essential to what I consider attractive.

Also, kindness. This seems like an obvious trait, that I'm certain most people have in their list of "things that are attractive to me", but I'm saying it since a fair amount of people seem to like "bad boys". In order for the relationship to blossom, the person would have to have a profound kindness/gentleness. I'm not saying that in a needy way; I just need to know that the person can accept who I am, quirks and all, without being bothered by them. I can be pretty tense when I'm just getting to know someone, so the person sending out a gentle vibe really helps me to open up to them.

Finally, I like someone who speaks their mind (but in a calm, not mean way). I mean that they'll be open to me when something bothers them, even at the risk of hurting me. It's my firm policy to not hide from issues. If I do something that bothers someone, I want to know so that if it's reasonable, I can fix it. Although it may be hurtful in the short term, I find it's best to deal with those kinds of things before they fester. I'm not saying I will universally give in to everything someone complains about, but I always want to hear it. There's no way for me to resolve the issue if I'm unaware of it, so I'd much rather the person just tell me, so we can talk about it, try to work things out.

15. prism

Confidence, humor, and a true passion for something.

16. Reptillian

A person who will operate on reasons and logic for about everything and that includes decision to have sex and partnership while she's able to take feelings asides. That person does not exist, oh well.

I personally see no logical reason to bother with emotional 'charms' and characteristics which seems to appeal for emotional people such as the ability to feel empathy, love, care, attraction, etc. I don't bother with emotions and even I am extremely emotional, but I take it asides for reasoning.

#56 Reptillian, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  17. nate16

CONFIDENCE!!! I've had little experience but so far this is on my list. there are many, many others, but confidence is a huge bonus to me. Respect, comedic, empathy, etc are also on the list. :slight_smile:

18. FJ Cruiser

I love when a guy is stereotypically masculine in his interests/appearance but is otherwise quite sensitive. Yes, let's talk about cars and racing then switch over to how much you love your family. Also, being comedic and light-hearted, yet knowing when to be serious and ambitious is awesome. Intelligence is sort of implied for me.

19. worriedWardrobe

I really like it when someone will "push back", so to speak. I really like to joke around, make dumb mistakes, and prod at people that I particularly care about. It makes me feel comfortable when that person does the same to me.

I have a strange concept of close relationships

20. Emberblaze

anyone else feeling lonely after participating in this thread......?