1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduce yourself

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by nisomer, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imnotgay

its also easier to come out online since it is so anonymous. but, i dont feel a need to tell anyone i know personally that im bi... i dont see anything to gain. ok.. so my friends will know im bi....and then what? im very comfortable with my life as it is now.

goratix, im glad you came out too! between suicide and coming out, i think id come out... even if i werent gay or bi.

2. goratrix

Yes. So did I.

3. tinkergeek

tinkergeek Guest

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Alex and I am 16. My interests are mostly computers, robotics, and radio. I'm on a FIRST Robotics team and am an Amateur Radio operator here in the United States. I am gay and out to a few people. More and more as time goes by.

Hello Everyone!

4. goratrix

Hi, welcome to the forum.

5. Micah

I remember thinking 'I will never come out to anyone'....now I only think 'I will never come out to my parents' :icon_roll

6. goratrix

yeah... im at that stage... although most likeley there will come a stage where I feel comfortable coming out to my parents... you know... when I'm financially independant and when I'm out to enough people to have the support I would need to do something like that.

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yeah, I reckon it's better to wait until you have moved out and can take care of yourself before telling your parents - but that's not always possible.

It's easier for you and them if you're not living together while they are adjusting to the news (which can take some time). Having you as a constant reminder of the "problem" around can make it more difficult. They will need their space and so will you.

8. bigdog5758

new

Hey my name is Mark I am 19 I live in Arizona. I am out to most of my friends and even some of my family. I just went to my first pride here in Phoenix. I enjoy hiking, swimming, reading and the paranormal. I will probaly give some advice here and there for people who need it or whatnot.

9. goratrix

Welcome Mark, it's wonderful to have you here. I trust you will find the acomodations of your liking.

10. Mad Markie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Guys

well ok His done it ? he got me onto here at last "WHO i here you Ask " My partner Paul who looks after this goupe ;-)

so Let me interduse my self
    My Name Markie , i work for a well know supper Shop "Woollorths" ? love gardeing, Watching weather witch im now Learning more as i got my own Weather Station, Cooking. Webing and doing Web Dysing.
    and before any one says about my Spelling Let me say this "I am dyslexic"
    so im doing the best i can ok.

anyway better go. take care guys

markie

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Welcome dear! :kiss:

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

13. biman

although ive posted before i felt i should introduce myself fully.

im a 16 year old english kid but ive been living in alexandria,egypt for the past two years due to my dad's line of work. i found out i was bisexual around a year ago, cant remember why though :icon_conf

14. tinkergeek

tinkergeek Guest

Well, welcome to the fold biman.

15. Mad Markie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hi guys hope your all well :icon_roll

16. Jas

Jas

Hey every1. My name's Joe, I'm 17 and live in Australia WA. Umm i like hangin wif mates, watchin tv,playing computer (halo wif mates is awesum rite), playing soccer and goin out to the beach and the ct. I'm in my first year of uni and am not out to anyone atm but am considerin doin the whole come out to close friends thing. Great to meet all u guys.

17. Quasar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome Joe. I hope that EC can be of support and a source of friendship to you!!

18. Blink

Hello, I'm Phil, and I'm gay.

HI PHIL!

That's my attempt at being funny? Anyway, I'm 17... I have some friends, but they are BEST friends. Friends you do everything with, so I don't mind not having a lot of friends. 24, House, LAO:SVU, ER are the best shows on TV. Elton John, Queen, Fleetwood Mac, Blink-182, Coldplay, CCR, Dashboard Confessional, Goo Goo Dolls, Matchbox 20, The Killers, Gaelic Storm (I know it's a big range of music) are the best artists on my playlist. I'm a cablenews junkie. My social security number is 014-41.....

19. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

I'm 30 and in Vancouver (BC, Canada). I have a computer science degree but I'm thinking of going to grad school in sociology. I work at UBC, a local university.

I've been on the Internet since before most of the world knew it was there (1992) and I've been doing the offering advice/support thing for quite a while, too. I'm pretty opinionated which I'm sure if you've read any of my postings here you've figured out. :slight_smile:

I'm a bit of a TV drama junkie... I watch a LOT of 1-hour shows like Everwood, Alias, Lost, Joan of Arcadia, The OC, West Wing, One Tree Hill, Smallville (if I can stomach it), Dead Zone, the new Battlestar Galactica, Veronica Mars (watch it... it's great), Judging Amy, Jack and Bobby, and Desperate Housewives. Obviously I used to watch Buffy and Angel.

Hmmn... what else? I see a lot of movies, eat out pretty much all the time, live in a really nice apartment that's too expensive for me, and have a great group of friends who I would like to spend more time with but they all have lives, which is quite depressing. *grin*

Oh right... I've also collected comic books for ages. Mainly the superhero ones from DC and Marvel but I've done a little branching out at times.

And that's about it...

20. goratrix

So... DC and Marvel... uh... you like aquaman?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.