1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you HAD a choice, what would you choose to be: Straight or Gay???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MiseryJoe, Sep 4, 2014.

?

Straight or Gay if you had a choice to be born as??

1. Straight

64 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. Gay

121 vote(s)
    65.4%
  1. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Speak for yourself, man. I'm gay and I am not confused or in a lifetime of rejection. Being gay has caused almost zero problems, compared to all the woman problems and relationship issues I hear from my straight friends. Just because you have had a bad experience, doesn't mean we all have. I would choose gay and I would choose it again.

It's absolutely fine to choose "straight" any day, but you don't need to call people "stupid" and "delusional" for having a different viewpoint than you.

#81 MintberryCrunch, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Internalized Homophobia | Revel & Riot

3. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Definitely 100% gay, no doubt. To each their own though, and from an unbiased standpoint, I don't believe any sexual orientation is better than the other. For me, guys are undeniably the best from a romantic, sexual, and relationship standpoint, but that is because I'm 100% gay. I just don't like girls in that way at all, and I would never want to, because that isn't who I am, and I won't compromise myself for anyone or anything. A 100% heterosexual male would say the same about girls, so to each their own. I feel sorry for anyone who would want to change their sexual orientation, not just because it can never be done and is one of the few things that are actually impossible, but also because they should be comfortable with who they are and who they love and be with whoever they want to love and be with regardless of what anyone else says or thinks. Regardless of what anyone says or thinks, I couldn't be happier with my sexual orientation and wouldn't change it for anything. :slight_smile: If someone has a problem with any aspect of me, then that's their problem and they should stay far away from me, because I don't like ignorance and poison, and provoking me never ends well for the provoker. ^_^

---------- Post added 4th Sep 2014 at 05:13 PM ----------

I'm am sorry for any troubles you and others like you have experienced that you did not deserve, but you and those who think like you are wrong on this and should not share such delusions with others. I hope that you and people like you eventually realize that you are wrong on this and learn to love yourself for who you are. I am not interested in a debate, argument, or fight with you, because it would be a waste of my time. It would waste your time as well, but I mainly care about my own time being wasted, sorry. :slight_smile: I hope that you get the help you need, because the only thing you have that needs to be cured is your disillusions and internalized homophobia. I am sorry that you have found such a fate of being so disillusioned, but that can always change. I wish you luck on fixing that problem.

#83 ShadowSpirit26, Sep 4, 2014
  4. BearLover

BearLover Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess it's better have a sexuality that makes you love anyone.

For example if you are asexual, you won't have anyone and you will find yourself lonely, your sexuality would lack because no attraction, you would masturbate just for the sake of blowing a load but you'd never have sex with anyone, maybe not even have a relationship.

Straight and Gay are next to equal, straight has benefits whereas gay is a little bit harder for people. Gay men struggle because they are limited to their own sex, it's hard for them to come out, if you can come out being gay is just like any other sexuality, however you'll never have kids but that also has it's ups and downs.

I'm glad about being bisexual, it gives me the flexibility of having both men and women, I'm not interested so much in younger women or men but my life would be better if I was, If I could fuck and love most of the population life would be easier.

Pansexuality maybe even better than bisexuality, it may be an amazing sexuality, being able to fuck and love anyone regardless, except animals or underage children, that's not good. I hate the idea of my dick going inside a horse lol.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually, I can understand where WooEEE is coming from, but only from the standpoint of my bisexuality. I wouldn't want to be straight or gay. I really like being the way I am. It's really fun.

But regardless of where we sit, not being straight has serious downsides. Some people are fucking terrible to us. :frowning2:

And they'd be just as happy if we killed ourselves as they would be if someone else did it...

Being anything other than straight and cisgender exposes us to some of the sick, twisted, evil people of the world.

Poll options are still disappointing.

6. MiseryJoe

I don't understand why people are being hard on WooEEE comment.... He didn't mean being gay sucks... From what I understand, he meant that it really invites a lot of challenges and difficulties for a living.... Choosing to be gay again to go through hell again is kinda unconvincing or unbelievable is what he meant, I guess... I think he's being brutally honest rather than self-loathing and despair about being gay...

For those who feel left-out for not including bi or other sexual orientations in the poll, I sincerely apologize, I didn't mean to hurt or disregard your groups.... I just wanna make the poll as simple and clear as possible instead of complicating with many choices.... You can choose gay for any other sexual orientations except straight cos' I put all sexual orientations other than straight in a gay category... That's why...

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wow I never knew a bisexual person can just be so bigoted .
    First of asexual people ,will not be lonely they have romantic attraction not sexual attraction but that doesn't mean they will be alone .

Second gay people can have, children together just not the whole fashion way .

It sounds like your one of these bisexual people who put other , people's sexuality down to make yourself feel better about yours and I find that sad . Makes me wonder what did people do to you that got you this way .
    But I guess because a person was treated like crap in the past makes them think they have the right to do it to others .
    Smug bisexuals are sure on the rise

#87 stocking, Sep 4, 2014
  8. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he said being gay sucks, that would be fine. It was the way he implied that people who would choose to be gay are delusional and stupid that people are taking issue with. It's turning it into a "one-size-fits-all" situation.

9. MiseryJoe

I can see the word he chose is poor but all I'm saying is cut him some slack for being brutally honest....

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not offended, and you don't have to feel worried that you hurt my feelings. It's just annoying, because I think at least a "multisexual" option (as a catch all) could have taught us all something.

My hesitance about voting "gay" (even though I'm not) up until this point has been that you're not going to learn about the people who really wouldn't want to be gay if they had a choice. That's me. I wouldn't want to be straight either.

11. MiseryJoe

Ouch! That hurts... :eusa_doh:I learned a lot from many responses here... Hearing different opinions make me see matters in multiple views and that's what I've wanted the most since I'm just a beginner in EC community....

btw, I'll try to change gay to 'multisexual'.... Edit: it turned out I can't edit my first thread-starter post.... I'm sorry...

#91 MiseryJoe, Sep 4, 2014
  12. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

I like being mostly straight.

13. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you know what? I've never really thought about it, sometimes it's frustrating being gay, especially since I came out 2 months ago, yet believe it or not... I actually like being gay. It's hard, frustrating, but an adventure. I mean, with girls, I get stares from them all the time, it's something I can easily have. But guys, you don't know who's gay and whey they give you that look, especially from the ones you wouldn't expect it... that's such an adrenaline ride.

Being straight, like being white, it's so much easier (where I live). But I've learned to rise above my competition, and had I been born straight I probably wouldn't be where I am today. Highly educated, and about to be very successful at professional level. At my university I'm seen as the top student, not in terms of GPA (though I am 4.0), but potential to be highly successful in life. So, I don't think I'd rather be straight. I would have been too normal, and being normal is so boring.

14. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow--it never occurred to me that people would attack other people's answers in a thread like this. I voted gay. It's possible that being straight would have given me an awesome life, I know that being gay has. Yeah, there were some irritations along the way--I feel like they made me stronger. And I genuinely feel like even if you set all that "made me stronger, made me more empathetic" stuff aside as the OP seems to want us to do (I'm not sure why answering the question honestly would entail that) that being gay has been a definite net plus in my life. And by the way I agree with biAnnika--on the average I, too, know more gay people than straight people who seem genuinely happy.

15. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

No need to beat yourself up over it :slight_smile: - all it means is that I can't vote because I'd really rather not be fully straight or fully gay. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    WooEEE is clearly projecting his own disdain with his miserable existence onto everyone else. I seem to be unusual on here because I actually enjoy my life a lot - probably because I have never been rejected, mocked or assaulted because of my sexual orientation. Sucks that people have to endure such misery on an almost daily basis but it simply doesn't apply to me - I am surrounded by extremely supportive people who have never criticised me for being gay, and those that do are not worth my time (but thankfully it has yet to occur).

Plus, even if I do come across people who are not happy with the way I am, or want to beat the living shit out of me - so what? Things like that happen all the time to people for absolutely no reason at all.

#96 imnotreallysure, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  17. LiquidSwords

I used to hate being gay and used to cry and wish I liked girls, things like this. I suppose if you asked me as a teenager this would be an easy question.

Being on the other side though, now I'm comfortable with being gay, it's different. I'm pretty happy with life as it is and with myself so I don't really feel like I need the change.

I suppose it depends on whether I'm being asked if I'd like to start all over again as straight or start being straight as of now. I mean being straight from the beginning would save me a lot of shit so I might take it, but having grown up gay I feel as if a lot of my personality has been informed by that experience, to the point where it would feel very strange to wake up straight tomorrow, and who I am then wouldn't really tally very well with my experience of life so far so it would be a strange and probably unpleasant feeling

tldr being gay is actually alright reckon I'll stick with it

18. vendettaxo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'll stick with being a lesbian what's life without some challenge

19. Hel

Hel

I would chose to be straight or better yet, asexual. Way less difficulties.

20. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with this 100 percent. I love being bisexual. It's great. :slight_smile: I feel lucky, really. However, there was a time in my life that being bi was just confusing to me before I accepted my sexuality. And when I came out, I was bombarded with sterotypes from both gay and straight friends. :frowning2: And sometimes I wonder are any true? Am I just being greedy? But really, I know who I am and that's just not me. And no hurtful comment will get me down. I'm blessed, really. But yeah, being different than the norm, not straight, can put you in the situation to be harrassed and hurt. Not for everyone, but I was supprised at some of the negative reactions from even so called friends. But yeah, overall, I do love being bi and wouldn't change it. I did not vote as well, because I am neither straight nor gay and couldn't in good concious pick either. But no worries. I commented. :slight_smile: