1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Autism Spectrum Disorders and Transgenderism

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lymanclark, Nov 3, 2014.

1. anonym

anonym Guest

I don't know all that much about Asperger's really. I wonder if it would help me to join a support group but I've read that it's not good for us to spend a lot of time together because it makes us become more autistic. I also wonder if slower development is a part of Asperger's or is it a side effect of us not being able to relate well to others and socialize normally.

2. Ryu

Ryu

I'm confused (again). I have some Index cards and I have no idea what to use them for; and I've had them for 3+ years. I have also been contemplating telling a friend that I have aspergers, but I don't know how... Advice?

3. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Yeah, why not? We can help each other by talking about mutual interests! LIKE INDEX CARDS, WHO'S WITH ME?!

4. Ryu

Ryu

Please, elaborate. The only use I can think of is writing down spellings for friends.

5. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

See, I'm an amateur artist. And when I draw in my notebooks, I always feel pressure to create insanely beautiful works - because it's all fancy and formal and NOTEBOOK-y. But when I use index cards, I feel more relaxed - like, there are 500000 more of these things so I can just draw whatever I want.

Do you draw too?! Let's become index-card-artist buddies!

....I'm weird. This is what you get when you're simultaneously kinda extroverted AND have a severe lack of social skills.

6. Ryu

Ryu

Yeah, I know what you mean. I draw alot, for good or for worse, but normaly on some form of A4 size piece of paper or a refill pad instead of index cards. How big are the ones that you use? I wish I knew how to socializw without coming off as a complete and utter wierdo but I really don't care about what people think of me... That much...after two years of getting the crap take out of me (not literally, that is disgusting) about me being all wierd and not normal, even though the odds of being normal are extremley thin, if non existent, I care not of that stuff. I'll give the index card thing a try because I ran out of paper late last year and haven't got any more.

7. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i also draw
    i draw anime-style stuffs

8. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

I use any size I can find. Hell, I'll draw on my homework, my desk, and the backs of my hands, if nothing else is available.

Yeah, I'm weird as all get out, too. Doesn't help that I'm an Indian with a Southern drawl living on the West Coast :dry: People seem to like me, though. It's always fun being friends with someone eccentric, eh :icon_wink

9. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    no one cares about my drawing skills oh well.じゃまったね~。

10. Ryu

Ryu

I do manga to...
    I envy yall, you can actually hold a conversation and write kanji apparently, I can only introduce myself and insult somebody...
    Does anybody else find articles about aspergers and people talking to you that know what aspergers is about aspergers really patronising or is it just me? It really ticks me off.

#170 Ryu, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  11. PeculiarChild

I can fearfully hold eye contact, terrifying not only me but them, for up to three seconds?

---------- Post added 10th Nov 2014 at 06:08 PM ----------

Those little character things are frickin' AWESOME! How do you do that?

You have earned both my instant respect and my childish reverence.

12. Ryu

Ryu

Ermm, it's just writing. It should be written right to left and going down though.

13. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    whats patronizing also the reason why i was able to properly type in japanese is because I was tought it for 4 years now. 可是我的中文不太好。And my chinese is only that way because im verry hard on myself and have been studying it for only 3 years. sorry for being a show off but if you want I can share my knowledge with you :3

14. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I use the language bar for my windows 7 if you press space while typing in hiragana it will auto select what kanjii it feels your trying to use (*hug*) and thank you im nothing special really

15. Ryu

Ryu

[/COLOR]
    I added the last part to stay on topic... I feel like my effort has been wasted now and this thread will just talk about kanji and anime now...

#175 Ryu, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  16. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    oh sorry but yeah i have autism and add so sometimes i go off on a miri trail ^^;

---------- Post added 10th Nov 2014 at 06:21 PM ----------

but aspergers (the kind I have ) isnt a bad thing it actually gives me strength in some areas mentally with a trade off of emotes and social skills. I guess I winsome and lose some with it

17. Ryu

Ryu

Your name makes me think of a certain japenese alcohol simmilar to sake...

18. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    you mean mirin?

19. Ryu

Ryu

Yeah... Please? No more digressing! Is this happening again? It's happening again isn't it? It's not just me right?

20. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    right no more miri trail following . do you have aspergers too and what were your struggles with it ?(*hug*)