1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emerging Gay

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by CyberSteve88, May 1, 2023.

1. Searching2022

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Writing things out as you're doing here, is helpful. Another thing that helped me clarify things was asking two questions:
    If someone else explained their feelings and thoughts to you, would you think they were gay, straight, something else?
    If my gay desires and feelings were 'straight' would I doubt for minute that I was straight?

Denial can be incredibly powerful but when you write out the truth, its hard to stay in denial. At the end of the day, whatever rationalizations I had (I can date women, i can have sex with a woman, I see beautiful women on the street) didn't matter when I focused on this central truth:
    I have a desire to receive anal intercourse from a man and I desire to give a bj way more than have sex with a woman. I can easily have gay romantic and sexual fantasies, I have to try to 'force' straight ones and they are way less intense.

Red1 and CyberSteve88 like this.
  2. eron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Recently, I wrote out all the instances of same-sex attraction that I could recall all the way back to early teens. While you always knew these things, it was revealing to recall and read them all in one place.

CyberSteve88 and Searching2022 like this.
  3. Searching2022

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes it often turns out that the signs were there all along.

CyberSteve88 likes this.
  4. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I too did this exact same thing only to find when it started to get intimate I was repulsed. The simple act of kissing her was unpleasant and felt totally wrong to me. I knew then unequivocally no more experimentation was needed, it was simply time to acknowledge the truth, I was gay. It was a tremendous relief to finally give up pretending.

5. Searching2022

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was a relief yes, it was difficult to give up that lie because I spend so many years building it up. But it became obvious that I couldn't even kiss a woman without it feeling like a chore

Enzo46, Contented and CyberSteve88 like this.
  6. CyberSteve88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for sharing your thread. It's quite striking the similarities between our public versus private experiences. My attraction in public is definitely evolving. I have started to allow myself to notice men in public. For example, I play football in the local sports centre every week. I have recently found myself checking out the guys bodies (discreetly I hope) and enjoying the experience. Previously, this was only reserved for private time. I still notice women too, but it's different. It like I admire the clothes, and femininity but there is little sexual attraction if that makes sense.

Good question. Sometimes I think it would be a good idea to travel to a gay friendly city where I could be anonymous, even for a long weekend. This is just internal homophobia at play. I tell myself 'Don't let shame win'. It's a battle.

7. CyberSteve88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    - Re-reading the posts made on this thread, I would think that person is gay.
    - Quite true, although if the public vs private attraction was distorted then there may be some doubts. A less likely scenario as internal heterophobia is a non-factor.

8. CyberSteve88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I say it was liberating to mentally and emotionally reach this point. Did you have a sexual encounter with a man prior to this?

9. Searching2022

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, this is what I realized I was doing - I had no interest in women beyond what they were wearing. If I saw a woman in clothes I liked, and tried to imagine her naked, there was no attraction or arousal at all. I don't have any desire to be a woman, but I love women's fashion and I love the femininity. The only place i have seen similar sensuality in men's clothing was watching ballet. Before I came out to myself, I realized that when men and women were both dressed in a sensual manner (tights, close fitting elegant clothing) I would admire the beauty of both, but when I finally let myself look at the guys I realized I liked a nice ass on a guy way, way, way more than a women's but you just don't ' see it as much. Guys don't run around in tight fitting yoga pants. I now remember with women that was really the only part I look at.

When I first came here I wanted people to tell me I was gay. When people hinted at it my heart raced, and I wished they would just say it instead of 'only you can decide'. I realized I wanted someone else to make the 'choice' for me - if I admitted it myself, I was in a sense choosing it. But now I realize that is the ultimate liberating feeling to say "I want this, I want to be gay"

Enzo46 and CyberSteve88 like this.
  10. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes after my first sexual encounter with another man it simply rocked my world. I could not believe the sensuality,erotic pleasure, the sense of such sexual satisfaction. It’s what I had been seeking with women but finally realized was only possible with another man.

eron, Enzo46 and CyberSteve88 like this.
  11. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The sense of relief, freedom and liberation is intense when you can finally say that you prefer another man exclusively for your sexual and emotional fulfillment. I remember vividly the day I looked in the mirror and said I want to be gay. It was liberation day, the day I finally cast aside any lingering aspects of heterosexuality. It was as if a weight had been lifted and could be the gay man I had fantasized about. It was really and unequivocally my gay liberation. I love being gay!

12. Searching2022

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And just for clarity for anyone who's reading: We're not saying "I want to be gay" as if it was a choice. We were saying "I want to be gay" in the senes that we were beyond 'acceptance' of sexual feelings, but realizing once we got past all the shame and fear, is that we LOVE these feelings and love the fact that we are gay.

I honestly wonder how straight couples could enjoy each other like gay men do.

Enzo46, CyberSteve88 and Contented like this.
  13. Searching2022

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you have to be ready for that sexual encounter with self acceptance first. It might help remove doubts, but the common doubt is 'what if this is a just a fantasy' as I can countless others here have said, if you have fantasies about gay sex and they are more intense than those about women (if you even really get those at all), then yes you are gay, those feelings are real and they are not just a fantasy.

14. Searching2022

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This post alone, if I wasn't already convinced, makes me think you're gay. You said you didn't notice men.... BUT when drinking you did (inhibitions lowered, fear overcame) and you realize trying to fantasize sexually about beautiful women feels forced.

Again, only you can decide, but I had this exact pattern, and the more I noticed and accepted my gay feelings the more I realized the feelings about women were forced and not really sexual.

15. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Having tried straight sex, this is so true. There is absolutely no comparison. Gay sexuality at least in my opinion is far superior to anything straight. Man to man sexuality is sensually erotic, physically intense, emotionally fulfilling and ultimately satisfying.

Red1, Enzo46 and CyberSteve88 like this.
  16. CyberSteve88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I haven't fantasied about women in a long time. All my sexual fantasies are exclusively gay. But it's purely sexual, never romantic.

Adz6 likes this.
  17. Searching2022

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That will change the more you accept yourself. A very common pattern:
    ‘I only fantasize about the male sex organ
    Ok, now it’s more sex…but anonymous
    Ok now I imagine a cute guy I know….
    Ok, I thought about what it would be like to go on a date and wow, I never felt anything like this for women!

usually the first sign is the fanatiies about women disappear
    Now that you mind knows you only like men th romantic urges will follow

#97 Searching2022, Oct 29, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  18. CyberSteve88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    How long did it take you from say the point I am at now to reach this point?

19. CyberSteve88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's pretty obvious that I am gay, isn't it? I don't think anyone would come to a difference conclusion from my posts. It's a question of arriving at the point of self acceptance.

20. Searching2022

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What’s holding you back from acceptance?
    As you said it’s pretty obvious. It sounds like you’re at the point of the ‘dam bursting’ which many people here experience.
    You know you’re not straight, your interest in women I s all but gone, and once the genie is out of the bottle, I have never seen anyone here go back into denial,

try going to the mirror and saying “ I am gay” and see how it feels

#100 Searching2022, Oct 29, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
    CyberSteve88 likes this.