1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married and also involved

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Stuck42, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Stuck42

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel like I am not a priority to her. We talk every day via text or Snapchat but then sometimes she goes quiet. It just seems I am putting in all the effort. You are probably right, this is not a good thing for my self esteem or my life right now. I don't need to be making myself crazy. I love her but it just isn't enough I don't think...I hate this.

2. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say cut your losses short now, I know it sucks, but it already seems as if she has already told you the ending results. I agree with Mabel. The only one losing in this situation is you. She seems content with how things are going, so unless the world ends, the decision already seems made. I know it sucks because you really want to be with this person all the time. You could just have a intimate relationship with her which I would not recommend for a person like you (emotionally invested), because it would be hard for you to just be intimate and not discuss anything personal, What seems like the best option is to just take one day at a time until you have enough strength to slowly wien her out of your system, which will be hard and take a long time. Mabel is right. These feelings will unfortunately remain there for awhile, I can not say that you will never get over her, I'm just saying it will take Time.

3. Stuck42

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm glad someone understands..it will rip my heart out to lose this girl. We spent this past weekend together and had an awesome time. Today..barely a word from her. It's all too much on my mind and I just want to be with her and I can't. You both are right. I need to wean myself away. I told her I am happy being with her when we can and that I don't care that she talks to many other women. But I do. She is only intimate with me and her husband and I believe her. It's the same for me as well. My heart is very much involved in this "casual" thing. But sometimes she says the sweetest things..she misses me, craves my touch, thinks about me all the time...how do I interpret that??

4. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is how I feel it will play out if you take these options. Option 1: you continue the way things are now, but you suffer because you want more and she can not give you that. Option 2: you let her know that this is too strong of feelings for you to handle. Results: she agrees and your hurt she agrees but she slowly lets you go for the better benefit of your well being. Option 3: I wouldn't say go ghost on her but only hit her up if she hits you up, this I believe will start giving you a little power over your emotions towards her. Option 4: you surpress all of these feelings because you want to be around her, but knowing you could only be used as an sexual encounter. I know all of these options suck lol I know, But some options spare your feelings a little more in the end.

5. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She is only being truthful. So you interpret that exactly as she says it but not in a fairly tale way where you guys run off in the sunset, but just in a way of her saying this is what she misses about you.

6. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Take it more as a compliment versus is this girl trying to make me fall in love. This is why I do not recommend you just being intimate, because she probably can say, "I love you" and be happy with the way things are, but you hear "K love you from here and think she wants to move forward with me.

7. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She will continue to say amazing things to you, as she should, but you have to remind yourself to not take it as, I want to run away with you, unless she actually says, I want to run away with you.

8. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You definitely have to stop lying to her saying you don't care when you do. Because she will think she is doing nothing wrong by talking to other girls when it just deepens your sadness. Stressing is not good for your well being.

9. Stuck42

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know all of what you say is true. You make so much sense in what you say because it is exactly what I feel. I told her this past weekend that I don't want to know about other girls she talks to..I know she does, I just don't want to know about it. I guess it's my way to shield myself. She craves attention and loves to send pics to many women from ###. But says to me that flirting is harmless. She told me "You have me, you have my attention and my time" She tells me I am different than everyone else and she feels a strong connection with me and the rest are just rando people. But at what point does one of those rando people spark her interest enough to make her do something she wants to do. She told me I have no reason to be jealous, that these women mean nothing.

10. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds straight out of a playbook lol. You are probably all of those things to her, but ultimately you would want to pursue something serious since she is saying all of these nice things to you. Girls are smooth talkers and they know what a girl needs to hear, I'm not saying she's lying but is she going to make you the only girl she takes serious? If so she should say that and treat it as such, which means not talking to other girls regardless of her liking them or not. I'm assuming she will say "I cannot make you my only girl, but you are important" so it still falls on what you would like to do. Do you want to be the only girl? Do you want to have a side relationship with this girl? Do you feel like she will replace you in the end? Ask her if she wants to make it official, as far as you will be the only girl and you guys can have a short distant relationship. So it's almost like you are part time girlfriends, I say part time because you do have a family already, just as she does. If she has a strong connection for you, then she should be able to say if she wants to be with you, not leaving your husband's but to be exclusive to each other. I would ask her if she wants to be exclusive with you. But in the end it still sucks, because you do not plan on telling your husband so eventually you will be forced to making a decision one way or another.

11. Mabel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you are very much like me in that you get attached and friends with benefits doesn't cut it. The thing that bugs me about this is that she seems to have little remorse for the fact you are hurting. Granted you have only told her some of your hurt but let's be real. If you told her you don't want to hear about her convos with other girls, that should tell her that it's hurting you. If her flirting with other bothers you and she isn't willing to stop? That's not cool, that's careless. It also leads me to believe that if a chance popped up with another she would take it. From what I hear, I don't trust her.

12. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been following this thread and just want you know I'm really feeling for you. I agree with what everyone has been saying here. Hang in there! It's so intense.

Stuck42 likes this.
  13. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry that your crush does not recognize or empathize with your feelings.

Might I suggest that you take a step back and look more comprehensively at your situation?

This woman is your trigger crush - she is forcing you to confront the possibility that you are not entirely straight.

You seem to be getting into trouble because you aren't being totally honest with her, your husband, and yourself at some level.

Better question to be asking right now...
    • Are you mostly straight, bi-sexual, or lesbian?
    • How do you proceed without going behind your husband's back?

14. Stuck42

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Back story...it's been 4 months since we have been seeing each other. During the first few months she referred to me as her gf and told other people in her life about me. I always felt that I was more into it than she was. One night she went out with her bff (who she has messed around with many times) and they ended up sleeping together. She told me about it the next morning. I was so hurt and devastated. She told me that we never discussed being exclusive since we were both married. I stopped talking to her, she was so cold and hurtful. She texted me later how sorry she was that she hurt me but she has to be free to do what makes her happy. Stupid me..I missed her so much I told her I could live with just being with her when we could and that I could handle it. I know she cares for me but I am NOT handling it.

Today I texted her and snapped her...she opened them, never reaponded. It takes 2 seconds to say hi! I don't get it!!! It's like she thrives on making me wait and beg to see her!!

RJay likes this.
  15. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh. This is not healthy for you. I'm so sorry. You deserve better, though. I know it's hard to see past a situation when you are in love, though. You have all my empathy.

Stuck42 likes this.
  16. Stuck42

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks...it's a hard situation to be in and a harder one not to be in. I'll keep you posted

17. Stuck42

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    She does not want to be exclusive with me...I had asked her that already

18. Stuck42

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I always text or snap first...I think I need to let her come to me if she wants me...I'm just afraid she won't..

RJay likes this.
  19. signmypapyrus

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just want to echo what others have already said and also say that I can tell that this sounds it's a real struggle for you. You sound like you're really hurting. I can't imagine being in the situation you're in. However, I agree with what other people have said and it's worth cutting your losses. You deserve a woman will love you and want to be with you. :slight_smile: I hope that you're taking good care of yourself while you're going through this!

Stuck42 likes this.
  20. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    just to be clear - you are married and upset that she is not being exclusive even though you are cheating on your husband? i hope you see the irony in that ...