1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avatar the Last Airbender - Legend of Korra

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lady Gaga, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Airyx

I'm so extremely excited. Seriously, I love this show, have followed it since I was about 10 or 11 and gone back and rewatched it many times. /Hardcore fan.
    Hopefully Korra will be good. And I think it will. I like the whole idea with the anti-bender revolt and such, I'm just not that fond of the idea of a so...modern city with skyscrapers and everything. Looks like a modern day city and it just doesn't feel like the Avatar I know. :S And I don't really like having children of the original characters there because it's just too...fanfiction-y. But well. I like the animation, the music, the general idea and the character of Korra so far. And I love A:TLA, so I think it'll be good.

#41 Airyx, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  2. Lady Gaga

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was bored so I drew Mako. It was colored and shaded in GIMP, first time using a program to color and shade so it's not that good. :x

[​IMG]

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am reviving this thread because it premieres THIS SATURDAY on Nickelodeon! (Except I'm in Canada so I won't be able to watch >_>)

4. Obsidian

We don't have cable, and ATLA was one of the few things that made me miss it. Can't wait for new series, and I think I'll go watch the old one on YouTube/something right now.

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Wait, what? My friend sent me a link to watch the first three episodes not too long ago. I knew it wasn't a illegitimate source, but now I don't get where they got them from xD

Well, at least I can tell you that what I watched so far its going to be interesting :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay!! I thought I remembered seeing a thread about this on here. I'm super excited for the new series. My brother and I have cleared the schedule so we can watch it together. xD

7. LailaForbidden

:0 I can't wait!! i've followed the show since i was twelve... pure genius, i'd say. :slight_smile:

8. Pain

Pain Guest

I love this series! It's awesome they're making this resurgence!

9. Emberstone

omgawd, I didnt know it was premireing so soon. thought it was summer 2012!!!

omgawd, raven, I love you and want to try to make babies with you!!!! YOU ROCK!

10. TheAMan

I am so psyched to see this show! I truly have missed Avatar and I can't wait for it to return. Also I think it's cool they picked a girl to be the Avatar this time. Should be sweet!

11. Emberstone

There was avatar kyoshi, who was probably the kick-buttiest of the avatar lives we saw.

12. pancake111

It's premiering tomorrow, and I'm sooooooo excited. I hope its as good as the original.

13. DJT

DJT Guest

The first two episodes are great :grin:! But, at the end of the day, Aang will always be my avatar <3

14. Bolin

Okay, so, I posted this in the "What Are You Thinking?" thread and COMPLETELY forgot there was an Avatar: LoK thread. >_> So, here it is:

Avatar: LoK spoiler below, don't read if you don't want to be spoiled....but my thoughts on episode 3??!?!?!!?

Mako x Korra seems to be some attempt at appeasing the Zutara shippers from last season. xD Of course, it was super obvious from episode 2 that they were going to be shipped together...I don't mind. I was a Zutaran, and I want Bolin for myself anyway. :grin: Also, it's nice to see the story has actually advanced in terms of technology and bending...but...people bending lightning as if it were nothing? :dry: The numerous chi blockers? :dry: The metal-bending police? :dry: Techniques that were original to certain characters now seem to be "mainstream" in Republic City...and Amon spirit bending? Something only the Avatar was supposed to be able to do? :dry: I hope they invent something new that'll be unique to certain characters, because that's a LOT of uniqueness turned mainstream.

15. DJT

DJT Guest

Who does everyone this Amon is?

I was first thinking Aang's son (the non-bender one, Bumi) Like, He could've been jealous of his bending family and felt left out and so started a revolution to rid the world of benders. But, after watching this episode, I think it might be Lee (From "Zuko Alone") The firebender who killed his family and destroyed his face could've be Zuko! 0.0

16. sguyc

Omg, Korra as a todler was literally some of the funniest shit I have ever seen in any action animation series. That scene immediately made me fall in love with this character. She was so freaking cute.

17. super confused

I knew right away that I was going to be an Avatar fan. I'm hooked on Korra, too.

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Luckily the first two episodes are free on iTunes :slight_smile: As usual though the series is only on the US iTunes >_>

19. Remoteboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm curious to see what adult Aang's like, when Korra goes all avatar state :slight_smile:

20. Emberstone

when will we get episode three? I panicked on sunday, thinking I missed it, then discovered it hasnt aired yet.