1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avatar the Last Airbender - Legend of Korra

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lady Gaga, Aug 10, 2011.

1. TheAMan

Well yeah true but I meant the present Avatar, though Kyoshi is one of my favorites. If Korra is struggling with airbending, I wonder how long it took Kyoshi to master it because she doesn't seem spiritual at all.

---------- Post added 25th Apr 2012 at 02:35 PM ----------

You did miss it because it aired Saturday but you can watch it on Nick.com

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so I've watched the first three episodes and ordered the Season Pass on iTunes so I can stay up to date. Damn I'm loving it as much as the original. They really have not lost their touch. <3 <3

3. MercuryLampe

I am absolutely in love with this show! Bolin and Mako are the most adorable of brothers, I swear.
    I'm trying my hardest not to ship anything just yet, but Makorra is just too cute.
    Also, I'm really loving Korra as a character. I like her much better than I liked Katara. The only character I'm really not liking very much is Asami. She seems so...fake, and she's one of those characters that just doesn't click with me. I know the show will probably delve more into her character later, but...
    Oh! And how could I forget Tenzin? He is amazing. As is Meelo.
    I also loved the flashback?dream? whatever that was, that Korra had in episode 4. I loved seeing Aang, Sokka, and Toph all grown up! I hope there are more of those in the future.
    Well, now that I've exploded all of my LoK feelings here, I'll just...back away.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey hey hey, thanks for spoiling! I'm only on episode 3 here cuz episode 4 apparently releases tomorrow! >_<

5. Bolin

Episode 4 apparently got leaked yesterday online. I've been trying to avoid spoilers on Tumblr like the devil, but it's really hard (although I already knew about
    Asami Sato
    ).

6. lilyoflife

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dammit didn't know avatar is still ongoing man I wanna watch badly

7. Bolin

Well, technically, it's a sequel series, but yeah. :slight_smile: It started a few weeks ago, I believe. It's amaaaaaazing! I'm already in love with it, and there're only 3 episodes out so far (although the 4th got leaked.... /never live it down)

8. Emberstone

I will try to remeber to watch it tommarow. however, I am probably going to spend the day running lines, doing homework, and praticing my corpse acting.

9. simon94

Just got round to watching it today- great to see the same beautiful animation with a new feel to it.

Looking forward to the conflict with the Unionists developing- the series should pick up a little more after that.

10. Bolin

It feels like I'm watching a high-quality dubbed anime. It's even more anime-esque than its predecessor.

11. Tim

Tim

Just for anyone interested, leaked images of how Aang, Sokka, and Toph look as adults from future episodes leaked: (Credit to someone on another site I go to >_>)

The Blog Of EspanolBot: Legend of Korra: Adult Gaang Character Designs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The fact Toph looks like a man wearing a toph wig has triggered quite a few jokes, including this one from deviantart:

[​IMG]

Anyway, I understand that children don't need to mimic their parents (trust me, I understand), but I'm a bit peeved that Toph's daughter doesn't really trust or like Korra.

12. Bolin

Oh, gosh, Aang looks like a total DILF... :icon_redf Never thought I'd say that since I hate him with a passion. xD

I'm peeved about Toph's daughter,
    especially what she said to Korra at that party thingy in episode 4...I was just like WTF?

13. simon94

Haha, you're right- after getting a wave of Avatar nostalgia from Korra, I'm re-watching the first series, and there's a bigger difference in style than I thought. I think part of it has something to do with way the bodies are proportioned?

14. Maialuna

I've only been able to watch the first two episodes of Korra yet, but I love it so far. I had a fangirl fest with my mom when I found out there was going to be another series. Avatar is one of my favorite shows... evah.

15. Emberstone

Guh... I missed yesterdays episode again, and it hasnt gone up on nick.com yet.

boo nick. you need to put them up the next day!!!

16. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do notice it in some way, but same time I just can't look at it that way. I just simply want to love it and that's all there is to it.

17. Emberstone

Is it just me, or is Bolin sexy?

I have a rock he could bend.

18. Tim

Tim

Last night was crazy.

I'm happy now though. Lin is FINALLY the type of daughter I would expect from Toph.

Sacrificing her bending (and willing to risk her life) all to save the airbenders and Korra.

I love how Earth, Fire, and Water benders are no match for the chi blockers, but 3 children airbenders whooped them without even trying.

And the relative of Zuko we've been waiting for is revealed... a new General Iroh. xD I wonder if he's his son, grandson, or what. xD

19. Bolin

Not only is he a relative of Zuko, he's voiced by Dante Basco who voiced Zuko in ATLA. Hearing Zuko's voice again made me almost literally die (not really, but kinda).

I've been disappointed in the last few episodes because Bolin has barely gotten any speaking time, not to mention how he didn't seem as worried as he should have been when Korra went missing. x_x

But yeah... General Iroh, airbender kiddies, Lin's heroic sacrifice, the flashback of the Gaang in the previous episode.........gives me so many feelings. x_x

20. Emberstone

I hope they are quick to get this on netflix streaming... I stopped watching because i only saw the first three, then was too busy with homework and preformances to keep up. What I saw was amazing though, and given the history of this world, I suspect it kept getting amazing.