1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avatar the Last Airbender - Legend of Korra

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lady Gaga, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm quite sure he's Zuko's son. It makes sense, he looks to be about in his 30s, Zuko would've been in his 60s and likely 30s when he gave birth. I dunno unless him and Mai had kids at like...16 lol. So I'm quite sure this is Zuko's son all things considered. But this was such a great episode. I mean for Meelo, Jinora and Ikki to be able to overpower all those guards and then Lin's sacrifice, all of it just...wow. I can't believe though that the season's almost at its end. With only two episodes left I wonder what will happen...

2. Tim

Tim

This is 70 years later, meaning Zuko, like Katara, would be in his 80s.

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

AMAZING show so far. I'm def hooked!

The only thing that has been bothering me is the lack of actual earth bending!! I want amazing earth bending moves like the ones we saw before. Its like every single metal bender just forgot how to earth bend...

4. YIAW

I think I've read somewhere that general Iroh is Zuko's grandson.

5. Bolin

Iroh II is the grandson! Finale this weekend! I have too many feels...it's just like...I can't even. Coherent sentences aren't even possible describing my excitement as;doISEUFWEASD90FUASL

6. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coherent sentences aren't possible after watching it either. It was an explosion of epicness drenched in awesomesauce. So much information, so many stellar fights, so much going on!! I thought this season was too short though, but they did manage to cram a mind-blowing story in there.

I loved what happened with Aman at the end, it made him seem human (which wasn't really done with the villains in The Last Airbender, in my opinion.)

I shan't delve further into it at this point, since I don't want to post any spoilers (and my brain has to process it all and get back to me on how I'm feeling about everything I just saw.)

But what an awesome finale!! :grin:

7. Tim

Tim

So, I'll post in spoilers for the next few hours. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So, Korra couldn't airbend until she felt like she had nothing left, like she was vulnerable. So when she lost her bending and saw the person she loved about to lose his, she felt so alone that... what exactly? Did her spirituality kick in because she felt isolated to the world (Like Meditating), that... the chi that controls airbending unlocked or something? That sentence confused me.

I loved that they had Amon show the people himself he was a bender, on accident at that.

Hey look, a major villain finally dies. (At least from what we can tell).

And yay, Aang. :grin: And... he teaches Korra how to spirit/energy bend by... doing it to her? XD

I smiled a bit too hard when Lin got her bending back, I have to admit.

Loose End I want explained: How the hell did Amon catch Tenzin and his family, seeing as Lin stopped the ships chasing them and they were on Appa. >_>

Poor Asami though. Loses Mako, after her own dad tries to kill her. Though I really do like the idea of Asami and Bolin. I expected a scene where she sees him running towards her to save her in the barn, xD

#87 Tim, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  8. TheAMan

I absolutely loved the finale! Don't want to give any spoilers to those who haven't seen it but I will say some pretty sweet information will be revealed and we see an appearance of Tenzin's brother Bumi. Ok I've said too much as it is.

9. pancake111

The finale episode was INSANE. Korra finally went into the avatar state!!!!! I wonder what's gonna happen next season...

10. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've already seen episodes already, and it's not good, it is amazing :slight_smile:; but I keep missing some which sucks; but oh well. And it was in English..

11. YIAW

I'm not sure about the finale. Everything was resolved too easily IMO

12. Tim

Tim

Korra was written to be one season. Season 2 was greenlit after the animating and crap was done.

The same thing will happen in Season 2 if they happen to renew it for a season 3. All the story is done, and it's currently being animated.

13. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

^ That I didn't know. It makes a lot of sense. But how in the world were they thinking that they would only have one season?! xD

But HOLY CRAP the finale was sooooo freaking awesome!! I have never felt so many emotions for a show. It was all over the place! I even woke up my sis with the noise... yeah xD

But FINALLY she unlocked the avatar state! So awesome. And Lin getting her bending back was pretty much my favorite moment.

Alright, nerdgasm over... xD

14. Tim

Tim

XD They might have assumed Nick wouldn't renew them considering they included a murder-suicide in the last episode. >_>

'The Legend of Korra' Season Finale: Questions

Apparently, Season 2 will take place about half and half in Republic City and Out of Republic City.

[​IMG]

I lol'd.

We'll also know the fate of Zuko's mother, as well as Azula in September when The Promise Part 3 is released.

Am I the only one hoping to see Zuko without a scar when he appears in Korra? Katara said she believed the Spirit Oasis water could heal it. I would assume after the war, she could have easily gotten more to try to heal it for him.

...I still wanna know how the hell Amon caught the airbenders.

#94 Tim, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  15. Tim

Tim

So, apparently they believed the answer to what happened to Azula and Zuko/Azula's mother merited more than just a simple mention of it in The Promise: Part 3.

[​IMG]

It's receiving it's own comic book trilogy, featuring Zuko's search to find their mother after the war is over. It will also address how being in a mental institute affected Azula. Aang will also be featured, and it has been said Sokka, Toph, and Katara will also be in it, just at a diminished capacity.

No release date has been set, but damnit, we'll finally have an answer to Zuko's mother, xD

Here's a nice interview about the Promise, the Search, etc.:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39354

#95 Tim, Jun 25, 2012
  16. dreamcatcher

Last episode was awesome! But like someone else said, it was all resolved too quickly. I can imagine season 2 is gonna be completely different but I hope it's as awesome as season 1 was!

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On one hand, so happy to hear this but same time I have to be honest, really wish it could've been a tv episode(s) <3

But after the effort they put into Season 1 and the amazing finale, I can understand. But I do have to ask what people think about the ending, I find it almost too convenient that Korra just got her bending back thanks to Aang. I dunno I understand like said, it was planned to be a one seasoner but what will they do then for Season 2? :S

18. Tim

Tim

They actually had written and animated a reunion with Zuko and his mother during the finale, but the creator forced them to take it out, as he felt it should remain unresolved in the series. >_>

19. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I actually think it was the "right" thing to do. Aang got A LOT of easy escapes by using the avatar state whenever he was in dire danger. Korra wasn't able to use it at all, so it makes sense. I also think that she would have used it if she could have when Amon was initially attacking her so its really just fair haha

I'm just really glad that they didn't leave Korra as just another air bender. That would have killed the finale for me xD

20. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely. I honestly after a certain point (pretty much after the battle with Amon but before Aang's appearance) thought, 'oh no, not again.' I actually thought they were going to like have her somehow unlock the bending again in another season or two so like it'd be like Book Two: Water with her unlocking water-bending again, and Book Three: Earth with her unlocking Earth-bending again...honestly I was like...please God no. Cause then it's like, this isn't it's own series anymore, it's a repeat of Last Airbender lol.

On a more interesting note, this girl on YouTube created a video about genetics in Avatar. Now please note if you haven't taken at least Grade 8 or 9 Science, or don't know about Genotypes, Heterozygous pairings, etc you'll likely go "WTF" but it was still fun watching.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yji6Hn315PY[/youtube]

And then here is the conclusion:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsVdZgyivpA&[/youtube]

PS, the video's display images are hysterical now aren't they, especially the second with Aang and Katara.

#100 Revan, Jun 25, 2012