1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pads & Tampons (Men beware!)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ccdd, Jul 8, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I googled mooncups too. :roflmao: They don't look very comfortable. :eek:

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Sexyalex....maybe if your career aspirations of being a model don't work out, you could be a gynocoligist. :grin:

3. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I second this - you certainly know an awful lot!!

I was just out and about looking round my town but couldn't find any mooncups - I'm thinking that maybe this could be a good thing, as I was beginning to think that I shouldn't knock what I haven't tried... but I'll keep an eye out, and if I do find some, I'll give it a go, and see what happens (I expect to be thoroughly grossed out).

But I'm glad others sometimes have trouble with tampons too, even though I much prefer them.

Although I'm one of those strange people who actually quite likes having their period (even though it can be heavy, painful, and inconvenient, and has nearly made me pass out before). I always feel so relieved whenever I have it - it's the only time I ever really feel like a woman. Which probably sounds strange, but it's true.

4. pirateninja

Moon cups? :roflmao:

I personally hate tampons with a passion, I've never liked the feeling of them plus I have a paranoia of TSS, so I use pads all the time.

*looks at mooncup website*

:eek: Bugger me! If I don't like tampons I wouldn't like them!

By the way, I looked in the FAQ on the website and I found this to answer your public toilet question:

I'm still not convinced :grin:

5. Louise

Mmmm, I'm not convinced either, seems an awful lot of faf and hassle to me. Many people seemed to have problems getting them in, then you would have to dig around to get it out, carry a little bottle of water with you , check that the public toilet does indeed HAVE loo paper etc.

With all the loo paper you use wiping it out or the water used washing it it probably doesn't make that much difference ecologically. There is nothing dirty about menstural blood but I think I will stick with my applicator tampons for the time being.

6. Helen

Helen Guest

I dunno, actually. I'm curious to try it, I've never had a problem with tampons (apart from that time I mentioned in my previous post, but I was 11 at the time!). I reckon I could probably deal with sticking something else in there (that was simply rife with innuendo, but I care not a jot), I might see if I can buy one while I'm in the U of K.

I agree with Louise about not thinking menstrual blood to be too dirty, and I am tempted by the ecological side of it, it's much better than all the stuff that goes into making tampons and pads so...yeah, maybe ^_^

7. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Mooncups.... I am not even a girl and I am afraid of them. Gosh no. NOOOO.
    *have nightmares for the rest 6.3 nights*

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I have this picture in my head of being in one of those little blue rooms, trying to clean that thing out, blood running down my arm and no place to wash! Not for me thanks! I'll be kinder to the environment in other ways. :slight_smile:

9. Sam

Sam

I looked at the mooncup website and there is no way I would even try it. It seems inconveniant and I can't imagine having to take a bottle of water with me to clean it plus it looks uncomfortable. I think I'll stick to tampons and pads and help the environment in other ways.

10. LOVEjames

I really shouldn't have clicked that. o.o Does it like... hold all the... flu... ohgod I can't even complete that sentence without gagging. It's like a wine glass. WHY ARE YOU GUYS STICKING WINE GLASSES UP YOUR VAGINA? WHERE DOES IT GO? o.o And I really didn't need to know that 30ml of fluid was roughly one third of the average monthly outtake.

11. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I have to say that my initial enthusiasm (ok, that term is perhaps too strong...) is kinda wearing off...I think I would just worry about spilling it and it all getting over my hands and stuff. Although I'm not as grossed out by the idea as I first was. But I can't actually find any in my town, and I'm not going to order one off the internet. If I see one around I might try it for the novelty factor, but now I'm beginning to think that I might just stick to towels and tampons, in spite of my occasional problems with them.

OK, perhaps a stupid question, but I've never actually been brave enough to go swimming when I'm on my period, because I'm always afraid the tampon won't work or something. I know this is really stupid, but has anyone else had any problems when swimming with tampons? I think that I'm probably just paranoid!

12. KaraBulut

I'm glad someone else said it. :dry:

I'm curious. These things look kind of like a cross between a cervical cap and the idea behind the old OB tampons. Exactly how soft is the plastic? And how difficult are they to remove?

13. Vampyrecat

Nope! I've never had any problems because I'm one of those paranoid people who worries that it will leak, so I just change my tampon to a fresh one immediately before I go swimming, and because I find swimming actually very good for relieving my cramps (I get horrible cramps, nausea and migraines) and nausea, I just make sure I get out and check my tampon every couple of hours, and it's never been a problem.

14. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    :roflmao: You just had to click James!

15. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Same here. No problem with swimming. However a friend of mind told me that her flow stops if she goes swimming while on her period. I have never heard of that happening before.

16. jazzrawr

James...you just made my day. XD
    You have no idea how much I just laughed.
    *wipes tears from eyes*
    Oooh dear. ^.^

Anywho,
    I wouldnt go near any of those moon cup things.
    Good for the environment, yes, but they look...i dunno...I just wouldnt be comfortable. XD
    I only use tampons for swimming, if ever, I prefer pads, I'm not bothered by them. Although they both suck, because periods suck. >.<

17. PenAndInk

I only use tampons and they work for me, but I hate the dryness that comes with them towards the end of my period. Pads make me feel yucky, but I carry one with me along with my tampons just in case, and I wear one with a tampon when I sleep if my flow is heavy.

It's just such a hassle though and not very economical. Apparently I'm the only one who now really wants to try a mooncup lol. It'd be something different that could work well. I think it sounds rather convenient once you figure out how to use it and a way that works to clean it.

Peace out, (!)
    ~R. Kay~

18. Sam

Sam

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Oh my god James that made me laugh soooo hard!

19. Helen

Helen Guest

You're not the only one ^_^

My mum told me yesterday that a friend of hers uses them, and finds them really effective and better than tampons and pads. My period's also really unpredictable, and comes right when I'm least expecting it, so I always end up running out to the shops to buy stain remover and pads >.<

Moon cups ftw :slight_smile:

20. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never had a problem. Although that 'never' comes from about two experiences. Generally when I have my period I'm on an intense cocktail of painkillers and anti-inflammatories and some other drugs and I don't trust myself in the water when my brain is that woozy. I'm not a good swimmer at the best of times.