1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pads & Tampons (Men beware!)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ccdd, Jul 8, 2008.

1. pressured

some place in Montana that isn't even on the map
    tampons mooncups diva cups very scaring and intimidating if i was ever going near one of those....we'd need to go on a few dates first get to know eachother plus they have a johnny depp complex then maybe i'll give it a chance....*goes and hides from scaring things trying to get in me* periods are one of the reasons i'd rather be a boy than girl at times....

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ha, ha! That's good to know. :slight_smile:

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Oh God, my mom told the whole freakin' world too. We also knew about everybody else's daughters who had started their period. It was so embarrassing. My mother never told me or showed me how to use tampons. That was something I learned all on my own when I was in high school. My mother was not even prepared for the day. When I started I cried and cried until she finally figured it out. She drove to the little neighborhood store (probably told them!) and came home with those sanitary napkins with the big long things on the end that you attached to a belt. Those were horrid!

I decided things were going to be different for my girls. I told absolutely nobody but their father and we were prepared before the big event with both of them.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thankfully, my mother didn't tell a soul. I was very young when I started (I think I was nine, might have just turned ten - either way, younger than average) and I freaked out, cried my eyes out, but my mum was as calm as could be about it. She didn't even tell my dad. He took me to the hospital once for really bad stomach pains, and was doing most of the talking for me, the doctor asked if my periods had started yet, Dad said no, and I had to correct him. I used pads for years, and only started using tampons regularly this year.

5. pirateninja

Far from it. :grin: I personally hate the fact that something is INSIDE you for a time, so neither mooncups nor tampons are a good solution for me.

6. RENThead

thought now would be a good time to comment here....

well ive always used pads....
    wanted to use tampons, but always found it hurt like buggery. (wore one once, and it was ok while i was still, but i was in tears when i tried to move)
    i never tried one since (that was like 3 years ago)

i had sex for the first time 2 weeks ago, it was an odd odd feeling, and i thought, maybe ill try a tampon, it might fit now..

so today, (period started yesterday) i tried, and it is currently in... still feels odd... im expecting it to hurt when i move (sit down, ect), but it isnt... tho im going to take it out soon...

i still vote for pads...