1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pads & Tampons (Men beware!)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ccdd, Jul 8, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    :roflmao: James you are too funny!

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Let him have it Louise! If he's going to be a gynocoligist he's got to learn to treat women with a little respect. :grin:

3. sexyalex

oh gosh no, no no no. Girl! NO!

i am from plannet earth and when i say "bitch" i mean it informally. I was never refering to anyone on EC cuz my bitches are my closest girlfriends. It's something u will never understand and never get, cuz u are not from my side of the wrold and you don't understand our culture, thow the way we are forced here to learn about others culture...i find it a tad bit unfair. We spend 40% of our school sylabus learning about european hisotry and antropology and american habbits is something that just gets universal and still speading like a huge epademic. But I don't care and i never meant that in any offensive manner. However, chick while in englsih langauge is a youngling of a chicken...i said it again out of informality just as how i said "girl". You may be "woman" and whatever, but girl, woman, chick, BITCH whatever it is...they are all synonms of "female" and it dosn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

I have respect for all women and worst, people who are older than me but honey, u need to loosen up ur buttons or something cuz from that post up there, it spelt one thing to me; uptight, irrational and stuck up.

again, sorry if it came off offensive to you or any other girl in this thread. I will now and after reffer to u all (except for mom of course) as Ma'am or Ms.:dry:

ok Mademoiselle Louise?:rolleyes:

#63 sexyalex, Jul 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  4. sexyalex

quite likely it would have gotten out after a couple daily discharges but the likeliness of a viginal infection would have just been increased. Just imaine, waste matter inside ur kidney, or ur lungs. It would soon start affecting it. It's the same with a tampon in ur vaginal(ur reproductive organ), period is actully waste form the body, so keeping it there is not such a good idead, even if it's in small peices.

I honestly don't see how women don't find this frightful. I have nothing against tampons really but i beleive they should not be made a habbit especially for women with heavy flows. :confused:

5. Louise

For fear of going off topic and getting into an argument, I am neither uptight, irrational nor stuck up. I consider myself quite a cool open minded person but I do have standards and one of them is not to be called a chick, female or bitch.

It might be ok in your neck of the woods but is certainly isn't either in Europe or I think in America and Austrailia. The use of words like that is extremely insulting (well maybe not chick but I am no chick in any stretch of the imagination) and shows a profound lack of respect.

On that note I will leave coz this has nothing to do with pads or tampons and since you use neither and are not likely to either, I don't really know what you are doing here.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Ok, I think we have cleared up the terminology now. Let's get back onto the original subject please. :thumbsup:

7. Helen

Helen Guest

Right you are, Paul ^_^

I've looked at both those websites now, what exactly is the difference between a DivaCup and a MoonCup then, aside from the fact that you can leave a DivaCup in for 12 hours?

I talked to my mum about it, and she said she'd buy me one if I really wanted to give it a go. However, most of my good friends are guys, so I haven't reeeeally discussed it with them.

8. pirateninja

Mooncup, Divacup, they look exactly the same. And no matter just how "green" either of them are, I am not shoving either of them up me. There are worse things harming the planet than disposable sanitary products.

9. Psychedelic Bookmarks

lol Helen well done for discussing it with your Mum. Mine is kinda uptight about menstruation and I figure it would be a bit awkward. But if I ever get my hands on one we can compare notes :grin:

10. Helen

Helen Guest

I just bought a Mooncup today. Right on time, really, I'm due any day now.

It looks scary. It really does XD But it's got a big fat instruction booklet with it so I'll spend today scrutinising it very closely :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck. You're braver than I am, I have to say - if something looks scary, it's not going anywhere near that region of my body.

12. ccdd

ccdd Guest

You must tell us how it goes! I looked for one but couldn't find one, but didn't feel keen enough to actually order one off the internet.

I'm interested to see if it's as great as the makers claim.

13. Helen

Helen Guest

Right, well, this is what I can see so far.

It's a thick little bugger. Much much thicker than I thought it would be. And it looks like a very fiddly business if you're not used to it, which I'm not, but I can see how it works. The instruction booklet has a very large 'troubleshooting' section, which clears up just about any problem I can forsee with it, but.. I dunno, it's a time consuming business. I'll get the hang of it sooner or later. I'll give you an update on whether it's killed me or not this evening :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#73 Helen, Jul 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2008
  14. Helen

Helen Guest

In fact, here are some pictures of the thing itself, it's packaging, and everything that came with it. Apologies for the blurry qualities of the photos, don't know what my camera's playing at today. IMG_0106.jpg IMG_0107.jpg IMG_0109.jpg IMG_0110.jpg

15. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eek.. that thing looks complicated.

I'll stick to tampons thanks.

16. Shido

*twitches*
    why did I read this....it had a warning and everything....it was like a train wreck...I couldn't look away o_o

17. sexyalex

18. Helen

Helen Guest

This is a public health and mental safety announcement for all my fellow women.

Stay away from mooncups. They are nasty >.<

The harrowing experience I've just had trying to get that blasted thing in me has rather put me off the idea. I know it's probably because I'm not used to it being stretched like that, and I was too tense, but I DON'T CARE :confused:

(I still might try again though, just to see)

19. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Aww, Helen, bad luck. It could just be the inexperience. The first few times I tried tampons they almost killed me, but now I'm fine with them. I hope it wasn't too traumatic (*hugs*) *giggles* thanks for guinea-pigging it!

20. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Kudos for Hin D for at least trying the darn things!!! By the way I asked my son if they sold these at the health food store he used to work at. He said no, but they could order them. Evidently they weren't too popular.