1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple gay children?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by prism, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Justinian20

I am the only gay guy in my family, so I'm a bit unlucky in that case. No one is gay in my family tree. I'm the only gay guy, but then I've always been the odd one in the family. Every family member I know is straight. I actually think though my dad doesn't talk much about his cousins and extended family and so I think that a couple of them could be gay ergo the reason he doesn't talk about them because he didn't approve of them being gay. That would make the gene a rarer chance for me to have, but I got the rare chance of getting a disability like mine and so perhaps second time I have that rare chance to have the biology of a gay male(and it happened)

I do think that in some cases where a lot of your family is gay or lesbian, it can happen that more of the children have a higher chance of being gay or lesbian. It is indefinitely more common with a family that has plenty of gay relatives and members of the family tree thus making the gay genetics more dominant in the case of the body. My family isn't gay, but I believe the gay genetics are switched off in the family and there isn't really a high chance for a gay child, but there is a chance (I am a fine example of that chance) . I believe that you are born gay and the genetics are a large factor in being gay as they present the highest percentage that you are going to be gay. For me say it was a small chance, but say for Harry(random gay male with two brothers one of who is Bi, he also has two sisters and both of them are lesbians) . Harry has a high chance of being gay due to the gay genetics being dominant within the family producing 3/4 children who are gay.

But don't discount the low percentage gay guys as natural selection plays a bit of a part in the low percentage chance. As a disabled and weaker male I have probably got a higher chance of being gay due to survival of the fittest. In which nature chooses the fittest men and puts them with women to continue the human race, (This is supported by the fact I am disabled and therefore I am weak and thus I have a higher percent chance of being biologically gay as nature intended for me to be gay as population control) . This doesn't apply to everyone as some average men and women are lesbian and gay, this is indefinitely a population control extender as well, due to the vast amounts of people on the earth, nature tries to slow it down by producing more gay genetics in people thus creating more gay men to control the population. (I know all this sounds like I am saying that gay men are super weak and worthless but we are in fact very helpful to nature as we gay men and lesbian women aren't contributing to over population of the world due to this natural control method.)

2. bi2me

:thumbsup::eusa_clap::grin:

---------- Post added 21st Apr 2015 at 03:05 PM ----------

I also wonder if the 33% applies arithmetically (adding 33% each time) or multiplicably (.33 + .33 of the remaining .67 =.53 ). But I think there must be more than 3% of ppl who aren't 100% straight.

3. aimie

yes! my older brother is gay, and my mom didn't take it so well, she kicked him out for a couple year. i tried so hard to be straight but i just can't be. i have a younger brother to and he is gay also. i just don't know what to do? does it like run in the family?

4. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, my sister is obviously also bisexual...... but in complete denial of it. She has had sex with other women, and she said she enjoyed it. She even went out on a date with a woman despite being married. However, she is straight because "all girls do that". Telling her anything different usually causes her to get agitated and annoyed while she says things like, "Oh, all women are like that" and things of the sort. So, people just kind of play along with the denial. She also is somewhat homophobic, which seems kind of ironic. She has made comments about people who are gay as "gross" and things like that. To be honest, her statements of denial are actually quite amusing.

5. UserNameTaken

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am in a similar situation. How is everything going for everyone else? Any improvements or inspiring stories since you last posted?
    I have an older sister and an older brother who are out, I was pretty confused about my own sexuality but it's becoming clearer to myself I am gay too, and have been in some sort of denial just not even wanting to admit it to myself. It doesn't make it easier having 2 other gay siblings, it definitely makes it more difficult. I have friends who have questioned my sexuality but I would always completely deny. Now I feel I'm just digging a hole which seems harder and harder to get out of as time goes on. It never had an impact on my life until the last year or so, now I feel increasingly more miserable carrying this thing around trying to hide it. Not wearing certain clothes because 'it might make me look gay'. It's becoming pretty much all I think about. Simply feel like I can't be myself. I know what I need to do, I just don't know if I'll ever be ready to do it!

---------- Post added 3rd Jan 2016 at 01:25 AM ----------

^^^^^^

6. BaldOldGoat

I once knew a fellow who was both a triplet and a twin at the same time. He and the non-twin triplet were gay; the other twin was straight.

7. Rubysaphire

I believe genetics do have some small role in the factor. I have two other bisexual friends. One of my friends has a gay cousin. I have a gay uncle and I'm bisexual. And my other friend has a family with 2/3 of the children bisexual, and they are all girls. However I think the environment also is a factor as well.

I honestly think just like the rest of your personality its both a case of nature and nurture though. :slight_smile:

8. dylanisawsome19

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well in my case me and my little brother are gay and no one else throughout our whole family history is gay so yeah