1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you personally know any masculine gay men?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Macholover, Feb 5, 2011.

1. VampConspiracy

For the record, I transcend the whole masculine-feminine thing, as right now, I'm pretty much a shell.

2. zeratul

zeratul Guest

That sounds pretty feminine to me (!) Just kidding.

3. Harve

Nope, i know about... ten? queer guys (wow, i never thought i'd be saying that so soon six months ago), and none of them are that masculine, including me. However, there are so many bi/bicurious guys that're quite masculine. The number increases further when alcohol comes into the equation xD

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I work with gay youth and have met probably hundreds of gay teenagers over the last few years. I don't even know how to classify most of them, but there have been plenty of athletic guys, plenty of guys who aren't into fashion or hair, and plenty of guys who probably wouldn't get read as gay, which I'm guessing is what you're asking.

5. Macholover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, there is nothing wrong with effeminate men, whether they are gay or straight. I myself, like most gay men, am mostly attracted to masculine gay men. I did date an effeminate gay man, and I found him attractive, so I'm not disriminative towards them. I was just wondering if anyone had known many masculine gay men or any at all.

6. Thing

Yup. My bff, my sister's godfather and my godfather (but not his man, he's beyond feminine).

7. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm one of them masculine gay men. All I know are fem gay guys. No one's first thought of me are if I'm gay or not, rather if I play football or not... then I mind-fudge them by saying no but I love Broadway. Its a horrible pick up line, it never works :frowning2:

8. Macholover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not surprised.

9. TheJoker

Probably most of masculine gay guys around there but you can't notice them because they look like straight.For me example (maybe im not a good example because im confused :lol:slight_smile: I dont act like "gay" at all.I'm just me.I dont go walk with a rifle and spit out,yelling all the time but im not effemine at all.Both act & look.Actually many people think im "the ladies man" :roflmao:
    Its really hard to notice who is gay or not from look,act.Personally all the gays i know were feminen.

10. midwestblues

11. Mr.Pushover

High school's a stupid place to come out. I don't think I'm masculine, lmao. I don't think I'm effeminate though. I'm just Kevin =D

I do know one guy though, although it really doesn't matter to me

12. Allecto

My friend is the least stereotypical gay guy ever, so yes.

13. Zontar

I don't know many feminine gays, personally. I personally find the trait rather attractive though.

14. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This might seem strange, but... all my gay friends are masculine. Even the lesbians :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That said, it's only a sample of five guys, so pretty limited.
    Of those, though, I had no idea of any of them before they told me.
    One (one of my best friends) is currently in the army. He's into engines, working out, and ballistics. Not entirely the most feminine of subjects
    Another one is a typical science geek. Maybe geeks aren't the most masculine out there, but I would never call a typical geek feminine either.
    A third one is bi (not gay, so I don't know if that counts for you), but he was dating another guy under my nose for years without me even knowing he swung that way.

And when I tell other people I'm gay, they usually ask me if I'm messing with them, as I apparently do no exude any overt signs of gayness.

So, as far as I'm concerned, I always had the impression the femme guys were a distinct minority (if a visible one) xD

15. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Only one guy has ever come out to me (by mentioning his bf) and another guy had a bf, but he only said they were friends to me. Both of these guys I assumed were gay due to general mannerisms. Another one I heard about from a co-worker and also saw him on a dating site. These three and a few others I suspect to be gay have some stereotypical mannerisms. I don't know any masculine guys who are for sure gay, but I suspect several guys who are married or have gfs and they really piss me off because I'm attracted to them. :frowning2:

16. ShebbsIsAwesome

There's one in my highschool

17. Just Adam

I'm the most masculine I know but I ain't really manly I'm just me and I don't label myself as gay so I dnt think I count ^^

18. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From what I've learned, to some people, there are no masculine gay men. None. I've tested this theory. I found a couple masculine guys - some straight, and some gay - on youtube. And then I had the person watch the video, and ask if they thought this guy was a masculine gay guy. In every case, they didn't disbelieve my suggestion that the guy was gay (even when he was straight). But in every case, they found "something about him" that made him not masculine. A lot of times, they ended up with something incredibly vague - "I dunno - there's something really feminine about the eyes..." But whatever it was, once I suggested that the guy was gay, the guy instantly ceased being masculine in their eyes.

Lex

19. Just Adam

So no masculine gay men just Lesser degrees of fem gay men.

Sure why not :grin:

20. 507bro

idk how to classify myself, I'm the person you wouldn't know is gay unless you like spend a 2 months living with me minimum. Most of my gay friends are pretty effeminate. I haven't met any musculine gay.