1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lady Gaga

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Pepsi, Mar 9, 2010.

1. kem

kem

WOW. That was one fantastic video. The birth scenes were very interestingly created. Praise Godga XD

2. Beachboi92

the birth thing was a little disturbing to me xD

I thought the coreo at the start could have used a little tweaking but otherwise i thought it was really cool. It reminded me of old movie i used to watch when i was a kid xD like i guess late 80's early 90's look to it?

And it did take me a bit to sort through the message but what it looks like is she is saying that she is planting people without prejudice on the planet (little monsters) and she is the dark force that has to protect them? the second part im not so sure on but it is meant to be a statement about how her fans are a new beginning and the story is just beginning. At least that is what i gathered out of it. I kind of wish she would have gone on with the story a little more and had another long video xD

But maybe the acoustic version will make it progress more and offer more clarity

3. Nomad187

EPIC! I absolutly love it. Amazing video for an amazing song <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

4. QuietDude

What an awesome video, love the bit near the end when she has the pink hair and dancing by herself :lol:

5. kem

kem

Panspermia?

I love the dance at the end with the skull tattoos. :slight_smile:
    The crazy look at around 6:07 (Y)

#1425 kem, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  6. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She's delivered yet again. That woman is amazing.

I liked it, which is not really a surprise but whatever. I like how everthing she does has a message in it too. It's refreshing to see someone so into using their position to speak out on things that are important to them.

7. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    WOW.

That is all.

8. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

ffff

That video was so crazy! In a good way of course. It was just so..mind boggling.

Love the part at the end when she blows a bubble lol

9. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Lady Gaga is the only artist who is currently bringing back the lost and abandoned thing called "music videos." I don't know of another artist who had the entertainment business buzzing over a music video other than Michale Jackson, Madonna and the late 90's pop movement. In other words, She is a movement within herself. Awesome MUSIC VIDEO.

ps: so thats what a vajay-jay looks like

10. Jay

Jay

I don't like it. At all. She is playing "God" now. I am sorry, I understand many of us are fans but that was too much. She basically portrayed God, and she is making many people treat her as such. She ain't no Godga, she's Gaga, please respect that.

That doesn't mean I don't like the song. The song is amazing. The video should be banned.

11. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah, I didn't like the religious undertones of the video. The video itself bored me, too. I really think Gaga is extremely overrated and this video proved it. :/

12. Beachboi92

So i watched this 2 more times and i have to say it grew on me. When i first saw it i wasn't sure wether i really thought it was that good but now i do really like it and can't say i didn't like any of it.

As for the comment saying it should be banned... i really hope your kidding... The story is fictional... and the reason you would be using is borderline crazy. Morgan Freeman played god once to and Jim Carrey, should we also ban their movies? Banning Gaga for portraying a god like character is like banning south park for using Muhammad in a show... besides had it been anyone else portraying god no one would have complained...

I will admit i was looking for a more literal toned down interpretation from her but i should never expect that anymore xD and i did end up really liking it, i really can't wait to see the acoustic version

13. Jay

Jay

I was over-reacting but I stand by what I said about her taking it too far. I don't like it and I won't watch it again, and I won't talk about it anymore.

As far as Jim Carey, that was comedy, wasn't it? It was in a movie and it was respectful comedy if I am thinking on the same page as you are (and about the same role!). The rest? Don't know. And I don't really want to know.

Southpark is stupid and retarded and plain disrespectful so they should definitely be banned.

14. Shevanel

One may say the use of this word in this context is plain disrespectful as well. Kinda just stabbed yourself with your own sword in a sense.

15. Ridiculous

HAH yes I have to say I did think this to myself aswell...

re: God-ga; there are many different religions, most with their own god/s with nothing to stop anyone from creating their own religion and gods whenever they want. As such it is Ridiculous to say that it should be banned for any religious context.

16. Aya McCabre

I never thought I'd say this (about anything) but I thought it would be better with less Zombie Boy. He's awesome, but he was the only person in the video just standing there. They're trying to include him in too much instead of treating him as just another extra. Maybe I'm just too much of a design nerd, but most of his sections didn't seem to fit.

17. Ridiculous

I agree, those parts were a bit strange. Especially when combined with Lady Gaga with the skeleton face and weird hair (which freaked me out a bit for some reason) gyrating next to him.

18. Nomad187

I think it is ridiculous to say it should be banned like honestly its a great video. don't like it? dont watch it problem solved. whoop dee doo she played a god like character grow up and get over it

19. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

Jim Carey was comedy. Lady Gaga is music. Really, if you think portraying God is worthy of being banned, while portraying God is worthy of laughs, it proves your a hypocrite, an oversensitive hypocrite. It's fictional, stop acting like the world is going to end.

Both are fictional. One was a movie. One was a video with music. I don't see how there's a difference really.

If anything, Jim Carey portraying God would be more insulting because he's making God funny, at least Lady Gaga is making God look good.

#1439 Gothitil, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2011
  20. maverick

I didn't like the video, with the noted exception being Gaga was painted up like a skeleton and was dancing around like a crazy person with her big pink ponytail wig. That was some serious entertainment right there. And grrrrl can dance!!!!

But the rest? Eh. Illuminati tripe.