1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lady Gaga

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Pepsi, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Vinny

What I want to know is why was the ending so similar to a Michael Jackson video and why did she look a lot like Madonna with the fake gap teeth :/

2. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Homage?

3. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

What video? She's already publically stated that the video will be an homage to Michael Jackson in a way, the only thing that stuck out as Michael Jackson were the white gloves.

The gap..was just a gap. Probably drawn there just to look different, the same reason why people dye their hair or wear wigs.

4. Vinny

Ohhh, I just thought it was gonna carry on in the 2nd music video with like loads of references to Madonna and Michael Jackson :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And I thought it was Madonna coz she used to have a big gap in her teeth so it looked similar :slight_smile:

#1444 Vinny, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  5. Jay

Jay

Oh my God, guys. First of all: Don't like it, don't watch it? Damn sure I'm doing that. Second, I am not trying to shove my ideas of the video down your throats, I am just saying what I think of the video like the rest of the people here. It just happens to be my opinion that the video is totally disrespectful and should be banned. And because my thoughts on the video are different than yours doesn't mean that I am wrong and you're right, it means exactly that our ideas are different.

I can tolerate a lot of things but when someone knowingly portrays God well... knowing that there are around a million and a half people* who would prefer her to be their Savior than Jesus, Yahweh, Jehovah or Allah; then it's just plain wrong.

*Estimated. I know she has around 28 million followers on FB and out of those, at least one out of twelve is really really obsessed with her, especially LGTB youth which aren't really fond of "theological" beliefs or religions. All of these are guesses out of my perception of the situation.

I don't understand. I simply can't understand how Gaga is making God "look good". She is making herself look good, not God. And Carrey's movie actually has a message to it. After watching it (again), I can see that the movie is about God's power and how He always does what's best for us, despite our moaning and complaining. I don't see why God has always to be "serious" and "boring", we all know that God should have some sense of humor. Jim Carrey was definitely not telling the masses "I'M GOD", Gaga is.

There is also a sequel(ish?), Evan Almighty (Being the first one Carrey's, "Bruce Almighty") which also portrays God as someone who wants the best for mankind. God is portrayed as someone who promotes kindness and someone who wants everyone to be happy. God is not portrayed as someone with a first and last name. In the music video, God's first and last names are Stefani Germanotta.

WHICH brings me to the next point: I don't dislike Gaga, I love her music and all her previous videos. I think what she does is great working towards equality and togetherness. But she took it too far with BTW. Actually, I wouldn't ban the whole video, I'd just ban the opening sequence.

6. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

So, I am confused.

How are jokes meaningful..but preaching equality is not meaning?

Isn't that kind of backwards?

7. Beachboi92

i think a lot of people are disagreeing with you because they think any video that doesn't harm someone shouldn't be banned and that banning stuff like music videos is taking away free speech. Not to mention taking it away cause some people might be offended is stupid....

plus
    1) She isn't playing the role of a god like character not THE god, she is actually only a person on a government owned territory in space (GOAT) that gives birth to a new race into the existing human one
    2) If anyone else but her was in that role no complaining would be taking place
    3) Even if you say she is portraying god she is portraying god as a person who gives birth to people without prejudice and who seeks to protect that idea. And i think this is the first time i would have seen god portrayed as a female since Dogma.
    4) Banning music videos and television shows is for communists

---------- Post added 1st Mar 2011 at 11:04 PM ----------

p.s. let us please not go into that illuminati crud xD

8. Zontar

Didn't Madonna get the same third degree over a music video where she's on the cross or some shit?

9. Beachboi92

Omg Lady Gaga Was On An Almost Cross Like Thingy To It Is Obvious That This Whole Video Is A Rip Off Of Madonna!

---------- Post added 1st Mar 2011 at 11:47 PM ----------

where my caps lock go :frowning2:

10. Jay

Jay

It un-capslock the messgae if it's all CAPSLOCKED xD!

11. Nomad187

Even if she does protray a god like character no harm there.
    like get over it giving birth to a race of tolerant beings? OH MY F***ING DIETY SO BLASPHEMOUS AND STUFF LETS BAN IT! Get over it not everyone believes in god. and yea you would ban it but its not your decision

12. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

Has anyone seen V here?

The person that Lady Gaga is portraying in this video is exactly like the High Commander (Queen) in V. She has the ability to give birth to thousands at once, only if she chose to do this at once it would be a different race of visitors. Only in the show, instead of them being peaceful, they're hunters.

While the Queen is in the same position as power as what Lady Gaga would be (a leader of an entire civilization.)

And, the evil facing the V's (from the queen's perspective) is human emotion making its way into their species' minds.

While in the video for Born This Way it's just evil in general.

So, my point is, it actually makes MORE sense to say "She's playing the role of a high commander of space that just so happens to have ability to lay eggs" than to dumb it down to the most simplest explaination and say "She's playing God."

And even if she was playing God, which she wasn't, she was just playing a person of power (not all people in power are Gods by the way).

And her making a new race of humans doesn't imply she's God either. If she were to be God, the new race would have literally been created. Not born. Since they were born it implies that she continued the evolution of the human race by giving birth.

So if anything, you all should be complaining that it's evolutionist propaganda!See how easy it is to distort stuff?

#1452 Gothitil, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
  13. 507bro

14. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

I LOVE NUTELLA! xD

15. Jay

Jay

I love V, btw :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: OMG LAST NIGHT EPISODE WAS SO GOOD!!!! THEY MADE OUT!!!! LOL

16. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

In case some of you didn't get to see Lady GodGa own the runway today in Paris today, here is the video. As a bonus, get a preview of "Government Hooker" from the new album. It's good stuff, "Government Hooker" sounds very sexy!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqXSB7glctg[/YOUTUBE]

17. Jay

Jay

What designer was that, or was that the Haus of Gaga?

18. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

Thierry Mugler, I believe?

I was not super impressed with most of the actual clothing, but I did enjoy the show, GaGa, and the music.

19. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

Government Hooker sounds amazing o3o

20. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I am beyond excited for this album, she is marketing it like a mother fucking genius!