1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would You Date An Asexual?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zannan, Oct 9, 2014.

?

Would you date an romantic asexual?

1. Yes

37.6%
  2. No

35.8%
  3. Depends

26.6%
  1. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Provided they're still into cuddling.

Although I think I would like to try out sex at least once or twice, y'know?...

2. MrK21

This is a really interesting question. If the person where a biological male I might actually really consider it, just as long as he understands that he has to stay within elbow distance, or only being hugged him from behind. I would not want his junk touching me. And actually the same thing would go for a transwoman. With my recent issues, I might actually want to keep her around, because it would probably be more helpful to talk with someone I am actually on good terms with.

3. Bolin

I voted "depends." If I were asked this question a few years ago, I would have said "yes." However, I'm being asked the question now, and my answer is "no." My sex drive has skyrocketed to annoying degrees in the past few years, so I want sex and lots of it. And not just pure sex, either, but the "love-making", passionate kind of sex between two people that love each other.

4. Sorceress of Az

Id like to point out some Asexuals still have sex their just not turned on by any particular gender.

5. TheStormInside

Yes. I don't have a high sex drive, and having an emotional connection is more important to me.

6. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sure I would.

7. Silas

Voted yes!

8. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm pretty much asexual myself, so, yeah. :lol:

9. Doudline

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Beh. I wish I could say "yes", but... not a chance.

I'd always feel guilty for wanting intimacy, and if I didn't get any I would turn absolutely crazy.

10. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no trouble with the idea of dating someone who has no sexual interests, but the relationship going any further past dating to a serious relationship always depends on the person. I don't know what to expect and I'd hope that whatever would come between us we could work through it and find common ground. It's not an issue of would I date someone who is asexual, it's an issue of would the relationship still last? I think there is a good chance personally, but it's no different than a relationship with anyone else, it just depends on how well we can communicate, understand and support each other. Though whatever the case I would probably still demand cuddles and kisses~ :grin:

11. DangerAlex

No. And it's nothing against asexuals. I have no problem with asexuality at all. As for me personally, I'm a very sexual person. I need sex. And before that makes me sound like some ravenous nymphomaniac, sex for me isn't just about the physical release. I need sex as a means of emotional expression, of feeling connected and close with my partner. When my boyfriend and I have sex, it's intense; we look into each others eyes and it's... indescribable really, super hard to put into words. I've had 14 partners, but only with two of them have I felt this almost transcendant level of intimacy.

So for me, sex is a crucial part of my relationship. I couldn't be in a romantic relationship in which sex and physical intimacy was absent or nearly so. My boyfriend and I have a very healthy sex life, but that's just what works for us. Everyone is different, but I'd need to be with someone who has a similar view of and need for sex as me.

12. Alisa Arwen

That's nearer the mark.

An asexual person simply is someone who experiences no, or massively diminished, sexual attraction.

This is about their sex drive. Plenty of asexual people either enjoy sex, plenty have a sex drive, and I am sure many have a stronger sex drive than some sexual people.

Source: had an asexual girlfriend for nearly 2 years. We love each other and have no sexual incompatibility issues.

13. lemons123

no...because i will want at least something remotely sexual with her....such as: me kissing her...without tongue :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

but i'd probably want to be around her if she's really hot....even if she's asexual.

14. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, because I like sex way too much, and also consider it to be an area where I'm also very creative. Unless the person was willing to also let me have a partner I could be sexual with, it just wouldn't work.

It's nothing against asexual, but I like sex in so many different permutations, that it would be impossible for me to rule so many of them out. I'm just far too horny and humpy. I want somebody who likes sex just as much, and as often, and doesn't beat around the bush about things.

15. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It depends. If it was just a relationship with no sex, I could do that. I have a pretty low sex drive for your average teenage guy :lol:

16. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Interesting to see the near equal responses to this poll. I would go out for a date, but it would be hard to see me in a relationship with someone who is not interested in sex.

17. Hexagon

Speaking as someone who's certainly on the ace spectrum, though I'm not sure where, I think I'd still be open to sex if my partner wanted it. I may not experience sexual attraction, per se, but the experience could still be enjoyable.

18. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm confused...why would they use the term Asexual, as opposed to, say, Pansexual, or some other term? The prefix 'A' means 'not', so from a linguistic point of view, the term invites confusion, even if in usage it might have a broader meaning. The term doesn't particularly bother me, but I'm just not sure what it means.

I suppose, too, that because sexual pleasure to me is as vital for my well being as food and water, it's just hard to fathom :slight_smile:

19. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Well, to clear things up it's sort of like saying, "why would a guy call himself homosexual if he has sex with his wife?" Generally, just because you have sex with someone doesn't make you sexually attracted to the person. Like some gay guys continue sleeping with their wives to please them (or hide), asexuals do that a lot too.

20. Hexagon

Asexual means not sexually attracted to people. Gay men have been known to have, and even enjoy sex with women, and gay women with men. That doesn't make them bisexual.

When it comes down to it, I find sexual pleasure pretty vital too.