1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would You Date An Asexual?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zannan, Oct 9, 2014.

?

Would you date an romantic asexual?

1. Yes

37.6%
  2. No

35.8%
  3. Depends

26.6%
  1. C P

C P

Considering I'm pretty much on the door stop to it myself, I actually hope to find an asexual.

I'd feel bad about having to have an open relationship with someone(especially if they had a high drive) because then it would always make me feel like I couldn't keep them happy in that regard and they'd just be better off with whoever they are seeing for sex.

2. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perfect!

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I could see myself staying in a relationship if someone lost sexual function--if we'd already been together for quite a while. I guess I'm thinking if my partner suffered some sort of injury--I would definitely stay, but it would be a bad thing for both of us. I don't think I could enter a relationship knowing in advance that that would not be part of it. Who knows, though, maybe I just haven't met the right asexual person.

4. Blossom85

I voted yes on the poll and I was going to write a reply to the thread, then I saw this reply from the wonderful and amazing Kaiser and I have to say I agree 100% with her words.

5. littlemonster11

Personally, it depends.

Here's my lighthearted elaboration:

As selfish as this is gonna sound, I'd rather not, but I wouldn't base dating someone just by whether or not we have sex, but at the same time, I kind of want to experience it already! Lol. As long as they don't mind me occasionally asking "So... do you wanna try getting it on now?", then yeah, I would. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That was a tough question though. :eusa_doh:

6. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i would obviously date an asexual, asi am asexual myself. u r correct Zannon, in that it differentiates from person to person. i myself am a touchy feely person, so some hugs and kisses occasionally would be great. even some cuddling would be good.

7. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^It definitely isn't selfish. No more selfish than an asexual person who wouldn't date a "sexual" person lol

8. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, not sure what the correct answer is here.
    As someone who is gray-A myself, it is disheartening of course to see so many say no, but sometimes people are just not compatible, and that's okay.
    I don't know what my reply is, yes I guess, it would be pretty weird of me to say no but.. as someone not interested in dating at all really, it's hard to see who I would and would not be compatible with, haha.
    Just kind of sucks to have essentially zero dating pool whatsoever as your option when you weigh everything in. Oh well.

9. photoguy93

Isn't kissing sexual? lol. I cuddle with my girl friends sometimes, but I wouldnt kiss them! Ewww!

I hate to say it, but I could not date an asexual - at least not yet. I've waited so long for sex and a relationship that Im not about to give it up.

10. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Depends on the kissing I would assume. A kid kisses his/her mom, that's not sexual. A kiss on the cheek, not sexual.

11. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I think generally it's more of a we *can't* date sexual people because of the reasons listed here already. Because they would be the one unhappy as we may not enjoy any type of sexual activity.
    But sometimes being selfish isn't a bad thing, if it's in your best interests and doesn't directly harm others. Nothing wrong with getting what you want out of a relationship, apparently sex is a popular thing there. XD
    And if you are unhappy, then we can't be either in relationships, you know what I mean? Forcing yourself to date people who aren't compatible with you isn't a great act so it makes sense to be honest.

Somehow learning to include others on the other hand, when it does somehow come about, is pretty cool. Just saying, in general. For all types of people I mean. :slight_smile:

12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

To me, something only counts as sexual if it involves the genitals or the anus. Kissing is to me, a romantic interaction; you wouldn't do it with someone you're not romantically interested in, but since asexuals can feel romantic attraction, many do it.

13. FlyingCheese

Out Status:
    A few people
    I wanna cuddle a lot.
    I have a high sex drive so I might end up irritating them at some point but I would date them, if someone is worth staying with they just are, if I love them then loving them and being in the relationship is enough for me.

14. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kissing can definitely be a big turn-on though, but I guess with asexuals, that's irrelevant :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I mean, if you don't get turned on, you don't get turned on. So I don't see how kissing could be an issue in that regard.

15. C P

C P

16. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Yep.

17. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, that's why being in a relationship with an asexual would be tough, because things like that would definitely get me in the mood lol

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No I like sex a lot , it just wouldn't work .

19. Jonathan

Yes, I would.

20. C P

C P

Alright then, was just a little confused after that part about 'I don't see how kissing could be an issue in that regard'.

I can only imagine someone kissing and then like freakin' tap dancing or something, in an attempt to fight off the urge of jumping on the other person, meanwhile the other person is standing there like '...the hell is wrong with you?!'