1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Trump will give healthcare workers the right to refuse to treat LGBT people

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Kira, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Crazy. My two main doctors, one is a traditional Christian and the other a Muslim, I guess I'll have to stay in the closet to be safe.

2. smurf

If you can, find a doctor who is LGBT or LGBt friendly. Your relationship with your doctors is incredibly important and you want to have someone who you can trust on

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd like to think that most doctors would put aside their personal views and prejudices to deliver patient care. Having said that, it's incredibly worrying that the government of a supposedly open and advanced democracy would legislate to allow medics to discriminate in this way.

4. Nicholas7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is fake news. If you watch trumps videos on LGBT you would see he supports it. Stop reading and watching fake media. Long live Trump!

5. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a special version of Medicaid that a lot of doctors don't accept so it's hard to find any good doctor in the area. Ideally I'd have LGBT friendly doctors but I'd rather have homophobic doctors who actually know things about medicine versus an LGBT friendly doctor who has a one or two star average rating (as many of the doctors in my plan do on patient review websites). There also seems to be a lot of doctors in my plan who aren't board certified which also makes me uncomfortable.

What source are you getting this information from?

6. Nicholas7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't really care what you say, he is a great man. You are extremely wrong and cruel. I am so upset how people from the LGBT community support such crap. watch youtube videos on Trump with LGBT there's my proof.

7. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't say anything negative, was just asking a question.

8. Nicholas7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What the youtube videos of trump, and I read a few articles. But mostly watch youtube videos he has said nothing bad about LGBT if anything he said he is going to protect it by stopping the religion of peace from entering America

9. CuriousLad

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know if the article's true or not. But the leader of a democracy doesn't have to explicitly make statements against a community to show that s/he doesn't support them. It's their job to make sure that no one else is discriminating against the minorities, either. Even if he isn't directly creating anti-LGBT laws himself, the Republican Party is constantly trying to, and he's not reprimanding them. The Republican voter base has largely merged with the Trump's, so lawmakers are afraid to call him out publicly. So if he, let's say, opposed the new proposed changes in adoption policy in the US, it would pretty much halt the changes immediately. And let's not forget the strong homophobic Evangelical support he enjoys, despite having violated several of their own principles multiple times. He needs to call out even his allies, when they're wrong, or else a person in such a powerful office can be held equally complicit.

10. Pip97

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You're right he has not said anything bad about LGBT but like on a lot of issues there is a disconnect between what he says and what he does. He has appointed people who have said bad things about lgbt rights including most of his judicial appointments. He has banned transgender people from serving in the military. He rescinded guidelines protect transgender k-12 students. His justice department said it is legal for an employer to fire someone because they are gay. These are just a few of the anti lgbt actions he has taken. What he says doesn’t matter compared to what he does

11. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Seems someone is watching Faux News instead of the real news.

12. BadassFrost

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know if these news are true or not, but a true doctor helps anyone who needs help and should never reject someone based on their personal opinion about the pacient.

13. Shallow waters

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is this article saying that he will do this or he might do this? I personally hate the fuc* out of politics so I don’t pay attention to the president, as far as I know he says he was ok with lgbt people but no one really knows his stance on it with 100% certainty, either way, if this is a happening thing, it worries me.

14. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Exactly. I really hope they got into the field because they really want to help people and not just pick and choose.

15. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m tired of trump. Especially hearing about him. He needs to stop tweeting and leave lgbt+ people alone. I want Biden in 2020.

16. smurf

He has never said anything against LGBT people, but is his actions that worry everyone.

He has pushed to kick out trans people from the military. The only reason why it didn't happen was because the courts stopped him. The confusion on the ground was ridiculous with active trans members of the military not knowing what to do in the mean time.

His administration also took away the protections for trans kids in schools. Under Obama there were some guidance to give protection to trans students for full access to buildings and services.

The new policies now enacted have resulted in trans people being denied basic medical care from doctors. Its happening right now

The argument is that doctors "shouldn't have to pick between being a doctor and being a good christian"

They argue that making a doctor treat trans people and possibly gay people can go against their religious beliefs, so its "unfair" to make the doctor pick between his beliefs and his profession. Sounds crazy, but republicans are running with this idea and people are agreeing which is super dangerous. Its the same logic being applied to the cake case, but they are applying everywhere.

17. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Caul Bernstein stated in a recent CNN article (read the article 4 Aug 2018), ~"the current situation with Trump is worse than Watergate." Wow. So ya I agree, Trump is a great man. He will go down as the greatest corrupt US president of all time. Trump will surpass Benedict Arnold's treasonous acts.

#37 brainwashed, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  18. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I haven't heard trump say anything bad about LGBT people. He doesn't express positive things in his expressions either tho. He just doesn't say much things about them.
    Anyway, I don't think he's that monstrous (towards LGBTs) that some people say.

#38 Vega222, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  19. CuriousLad

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe he didn't but his party is pretty anti-LGBT. They've been trying to take away rights from the moment they came in power, like the ban on transpeople from the army and the proposed ban of LGBT adoption. None of these are Trump's own policies (That honour belongs to child separation and rejecting legal highly skilled immigrant workers) but the President's silence is compliance. I've never heard him come out in support of the LGBT community and rejecting his party's homophobic policies. They only reason he isn't as openly homophobic as the rest of them is because he's a got a small LGBT voter base which for some reason chose his campaign promises over their rights. Clearly they're more threatened by immigrants than they are by conservative politicians

20. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the information. Yes, in the days before the election, People called him the most LGBT-friendly candidate of the repulicans. He doesn't like to be an advocator tho. Seemingly.