1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

South Parkateers!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by pirateninja, Jan 9, 2008.

1. pirateninja

OMG FATBEARD <3 <3 <3 :grin:

First off, I love the premise of this episode; and not just because of the pirates (although it was brilliant :grin:) but it is a simple idea. You can imagine them at the script writing and saying "Hey, how about Cartman hears about Somalian pirates and makes his own pirate club?" It's a simple idea, and with an idea like that you can just take it to its limits and play around with it. It's a bit like in the commentary for Cartmanland, season 5, (incidentally one of my favourite ever episodes :grin:) where it's just one idea, and instead of tacking a stories and b stories together, it just runs with that one story. And they did this fabulously with Fatbeard.

Also, this is an episode that has a good storyline with some awesome little moments. Personally I'm a fan of all the "Kevin..... goddamnit" moments in South Park, and this one has to top them all, even the Stormtrooper mask one in Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers, Season 6. Kevin was awesome, and his lightsaber moment on the French ship was great. The "goddamnit" look in Cartman's eyes as well as the French just being totally afraid of it was hilarious, and made all the better when they were forced into the lifeboat, only to be told "have a good day!" and waved off by Butters. Again, another great little character trait there :grin:

Also, it's official; Susan Boyle has "made it". I envy anyone who has been ridiculed on South Park, I know I'd give my back teeth to be told that I was a "gay fish" or "If I hear about her one more time I'll puke my balls out my mouth". Ike's letter was another fantastic segment (although it does contrast Cartman's previous claims that "Jews can't be pirates").

And I did love the whole "pirating up" of Somalia. "Dude, these aren't pirates, they're just a bunch of black people." :lol: And the song OMG :love: I want it :grin:

This is beginning to ramble, so I'll wrap it up.

9/10 - Very close to being a perfect episode for me. :grin: Just not as good as some of my other favourites in the series. But it certainly proves all those wrong who say that South Park has lost it. :grin:

And tharr we have it folks, the end of what I think has been a great half season; with purity rings, mysterious heroes, margarita makers, "Queef Free", gay fish, space money and lastly but not leastly lightsaber weilding pirates.

Episodes that stood out; Margaritaville was clever, satirical and plain amazing, Eat, Pray, Queef. had me pissing my pants with laughter, and Fatbeard was an awesome all-rounder.

2. Just Adam

i find anything with butters and cartman teaming up to be a great episode...

3. pirateninja

Well, well, well, here we are again. Yes, it is that time of year, yet again :grin:

[​IMG]

Hmmm... I wonder which Celebrity they will focus on most.... /sarcasm :grin:

4. Shevanel

EXTREMELY EXCITED I AM! ^_^ Holly, I always love when you post these sorta things. it makes me so happy =D

5. pirateninja

I feel... STARTLED.

No... what's the word?

Appreciated :grin:

And excited :eek: :love: Dear god, I'm obsessed :grin:

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been SUFFERING waiting so gosh darn long for the second half of the season.

7. InaRut

HOLLY. I signed on back to EC just to HEAR your criticisms!
    COME ON GURL Don't dissapoint.

Also..I saw basketball.
    I Lol'ed

8. Shevanel

BASEketball was funny xD The only part i really remember however was when they both had their pants off and they kept knocking things over with their unusually long... things... xD

9. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The episode where Mr/Mrs Garrison turned lesbian has remained my favorite since it was first made. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Adam

Haha tonights show was great, it was all about the word Fag. They actually changed the definition of fag to about harley motorcycle riders lol

11. Shevanel

^haha yes! it was great episode :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. pirateninja

Dear god, I've neglected this topic. Blame uni. :grin:

I'll probably do a great huge write up when this half season's finished though, so watch this space, Phil! :lol:

13. paco

paco Guest

that episode made me so happy.

plus i think its really good for us. kids/teens/young adults all over america watch it, and if south park says gay people should be less hated than annoying people, then people will listen.

14. pirateninja

[​IMG]

Just had to share it :grin:

15. Shevanel

^ That so isn't a fail!

16. KnightAssassin

cartman: mom kitty's being a dildo

cartman's mom: well then i know a certain kitty kitty who's sleeping with mommy tonight

17. Emberstone

I love the gay guy holding the "God Hates Fag" sign and shaking it at the harley davision riders.

18. Shevanel

^ that was the priest...

19. pirateninja

^
    Ahhh but don't forget, in Cripple Fight, Season 5, Priest Maxi goes off on a spiel about how he can change gay people, when someone cries out "What about the other gay people you said you could change and then you ended up having sex with them?"

He could count as gay... or bisexual, seeing as he did the nasty with Mrs Donovan in Do the Handicapped go to Hell, Season 4.

Dear god, I'm obsessed :grin:

20. Emberstone

lol... glenn beck is going to be crying his eyes out tommarow how southpark is mean to him.

They totally just lambasted that moral-less asswipe tonight. He is uttely insane. CNN reigned him in, and he spoke his mind... but when he fled to fox news, he lost his mind.

When he pretended to pour gasolene on someone and light it on fire, and make a claim that obama wants to incinerate the entire nation... well, it shows just how criminally insane the people at fox news were for hireing him.

What is with so called conservative republicans. They pull crap like this, and michelle bachmans 40x60 feet photo of dead jews, claiming that health care reform means that the dems will just gas you and throw you in a open grave, an thats what health care reform will bring..

dancing with smurfs indeed...