1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

South Parkateers!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by pirateninja, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Shevanel

LOL, Do NOT try to start talkin politics in the South Park thread ^ xD

South Park doesn't take sides. They're just making fun of Glenn Beck. Everything else you said was irrelevant.

Great episode though. Funny as hell.

2. Emberstone

actully, it is quite relevant. They slammed glenn beck for doing the same thing some within the political right are doing; fear mongering by doing things in seriously poor taste. "wendy kills the smurfs" "healthcare reform is a attempt to create a new holocaust."

The politcal system is so screwed up because it is going well beyond the issues. I am waiting for al franken to open his mouth are start spewing crap. for some reason, he ha shut up...

Everyone needs to remeber; if you cant make your point by talking about the issues without resorting to useing fear and vulgarity, then you arentgood at making a point, so why should we listen.

But people miming violence and evoking the genocide of millions of innocent people to try to get people on your side is lunecy. The smurf genocide was a clearly thinly veiled reference to republicans last week useing the holocaust to scare people away from somethng completely irrelevant... hence the whole smurfberry issue in the show. that was all a sham by cartman to build a lie that he hoped the students would believe. the blackboard bit was right in line with him claiming that obama was trying to get kids to chew tobacco cause he went to copehagen to support the olympic bid.

Southpark took a clear side on this, and it is not about politics but how lunitic fringes are basically taking a steaming piss *butters!!! pull your pants back up!* on the political spectrum to get airtime.

it is kind of silly to claim southpark doesnt take sides politically speaking. South park is unabashidly liberal. When they make fun of democrats, they tend to make up outright ludicrise things to have liberal characters do. when they make fun of conservatives, they tend to mimic transcripts. I mean, come on, south park is to the left of snl practically. snl is more willing to call democrats out.

3. Shevanel

No. Stop wasting your time in talking about things in which you don't know about. And like I said, keep politics out of the South Park thread.

4. Emberstone

How is it that I am talking about things I dont know about? Why the hostilty?

South Park creates a episode *far from the first* that blast a television personality to likes to push alot of buttons and cross alot of lines about moral decnecy and civility when taken random potshots at people he doesnt agree with, and we cant discuss that in a thread created for people to discuss the show?

Tonights episode was not just about Glenn Beck, but a commentary on a broader movement.

So we should only be allowed to discuss butter taking a piss on wendy's doorstep, since for the most part that is the only thing in the show that is not overtly political?

5. Shevanel

Forget it, You're not understanding, so keep doing what you're doing if it makes you happy.

And I wasn't being hostile.

6. Emberstone

It just seems like whenever someone has something to say about the behaviors of conseratives, your jumping down peoples throats for it. This isnt the first time you slammed me for having a opinion, and preceded to tell me I dont know what I am talking about. But I am hardly warping or twisting anything here. What I said and what south park did with the episode is not taking anything out of context, surprisingly. They were purely mocking things he *has* been doing, and taking a shot at people who behave like them.

It is all about polerization... Cartman was trying to cut wendy off from everyone else, and get everyone else to scapegoat her by making claim about things that have nothing to do with Student Body President... it is copenhagen snuff all over again...which clearly was all apart of south parks satire tonight.

7. Shevanel

I'm not slamming you for having an opinion, I'm telling you to keep propaganda bullcrap out of a thread like this.

If you want to reply, post it on my wall, or PM me so we can keep this thread on topic.

8. Emberstone

So this isnt a southpark thread then? We arent allowed to discuss South Park? I apolagize to PirateNinja for thinking it was.,

9. Shevanel

I asked you nicely, if you don't care. Then whatever. I don't care either. Talk about whatever you want. See if anyone cares.

10. Emberstone

I just think that if your going to slam someone for having a opinion, at least have the manners to counter it instead of simply just insulting their intelligence by telling them that they dont *in your opinion* understand what they are talking about.

You have hardly been asking nicely.

I come in to discuss the episode, and I related it to things that are hardly secret about behaviors of some people on the right. Instead of commenting on the episode you take shots at me, slamming my intelligence, and basically if I want to discuss southpark, to take it elsewhere.

Southpark has made itself a outlet for satire and social commentary. If we cant discuss that, then why have a thread about it?

You have your political opinions... but dont attack me for having mine.

But behavior of the Glenn Becks, michelle Bachmans, and the likes who seem to take pride in spewing the uncivil and highly offensive and vulger stuff they say and do to get time on the air waves are things that south park is taking aim at.

Intelligence is completely independent of the place a person is on the political spectrum...

I just wish you would stop insinuating I am stupid because you dont agree with my opinions on things.

11. LeonaRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, let's just do this. You agree one thing, you agree another thing, South Park made one of you think of one thing, discussed, opinions noted, done.
    Lets get back to amusing quotes! :grin:

You... You're just a hooker and I need to get laid!

----------

LOL!! I had that as my ringtone a few years back til it went off when I was sat next to an old lady on a bus! ... I got bitch evils :roflmao:

12. Shevanel

The new episode tonight was awesome <3 xD Tiger Woods was just waiting to be made fun of xD

13. pirateninja

Sometimes I hate you Americans. I cannot find a stream or download ANYWHERE for love nor money. :frowning2:

EDIT; OMGZ finally found somewhere I can watch it. :grin: Who's excited? Pirateninja's excited. (!)

14. Adam

I missed it! Oh well it should be on again soon. Yay for a new season! :slight_smile:

15. pirateninja

I'll admit, when they said "we know who to blame", I was hoping it was Crab People :grin:

Great episode nonetheless :grin: Butters was just AH-mazing as per usual. And YAY for awesome Kenny death :grin:

16. SolitaryKnight

I got seasons 5 and 6 on DVD today. Every episode I watch reminds me why I love this show.

17. Just Adam

poor tiger woods hehe looked liek teh best game theyve made of him though haha.

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope it's okay for me to put the link. But here's a place with all episodes including the movie.

http://www.xepisodes.com

19. kv88

OMG last night's episode made me laugh so hard! I like Sarah Jessica Parker, but man that eppy was hilarious!

20. Just Adam

the site tells em video not found :frowning2: i cant watch them :'(