1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

South Parkateers!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by pirateninja, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Pvand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Looks like it could be good.

Season 13 is kicking ass so far.

2. notquitebutch

Welp I just watched the new episode... I still can't tell if it was funny or not :'D I feel that way after every season 13 ep though... am I the only one? Like they're fun for the half hour you're watching, but they're not amazing enough to watch again and again like past seasons.

I did love the song at the end, though.

3. Adam

It had a few funny moments, overall it was pretty boring to me.

4. InaRut

Oh come on...that ending was AWESOME!

5. Shevanel

I agree. Kanye West and Carlos Mencia was hilarious too. and Ellen haha. I loved the way Cartman kept changing the way he remembered how he apparently came up with the joke lol

6. BeautifulStranger

Yeah, the episode kind of failed to me...

7. Emberstone

do you guys like fishsticks?

8. pirateninja

Hmmm.....

Well, after watching it again, I have come to the conclusion that I do like it. Kinda like I like "The Coon". 'Twas good, but not one of their best.

As much as I enjoyed their ripping of Carlos Mencia, I would have rather them focus on Kanye for the whole episode; that just seemed cobbled in and not really fitting.

However I do love Cartman in this; we really truly get to see a psychlogical side to Cartman. He just has such a terrible ego, and I loved how it went more and more absurd as it went on (Jewbots ftw :grin:), only for his humoungous ego to turn it on Jimmy. :lol:

But of course, nothing beats the ending. I don't think I need to say anymore on that than "Does anyone want to download the song?"

http://www.southparkstudios.com/crap/downloads/sounds/?season=13

:grin:

And the true ending to this story?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishsticks_(South_Park)#Reception

If nothing else, this episode had Ellen :slight_smile:

9. Emberstone

Yah, kanye taking the episode to heart and revaluating how behavior was gold.

I hate carlos mencia as a comedian. I am sure he is a good person, but his comedy sucks.

But I know I am not a gay fish... I dont eat fish, or seafood in general, so I dont like putting fishsticks in my mouth.

not a gay fish, just gay.

10. kramer362

They always pick on the people I hate so I feel like I'm on the same page as Matt and Trey. Carlos Mencia is a shitty joke-stealing hack and Kanye has the biggest ego of anyone.

I was at the Bonnaroo music festival last year and by the last day the slogan of the festival was "fuck kanye" after the shit he pulled refusing to go on stage at the same time as anyone who might steal some of his spotlight (like Jack Johnson) so he wouldn't go on stage til 3 am... what a douche.

11. Emberstone

Well, once the scatalogical humor and swearing wasnt enough to carry the show, South Park really did step up and start doing valid social commentary, with swearing and scatalogical humor mixed in.

They really have done alot of things I would have never expected when they started off in the first season.

12. kramer362

Yeah I agree, I can't even watch the first seasons anymore cause they seem vulgar just for vulgarity's sake. When they stepped up the satire is when the show became awesome in my opinion. Although some of their best episodes aren't satire at all. 'Scott Tenorman must die' for instance, is regarded as their best episode. So when they show how much of an asshole Cartman is they end up being great episodes usually too. When he realizes he can say whatever he want by pretending he has Tourette's Syndrome and runs around singing "I've got a golden ticket" that's pretty hilarious, haha.

13. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All I can say is I'm glad I watch this show with headphones.

14. pirateninja

I find the first few seasons very watchable and funny. They are good when watching nostalgically, I mean, I find "Cartman gets an Anal Probe" and "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride" to be a couple of my favourite episodes. I'll admit, they really stepped it up with some social commentary and satire by Season 4, and I think on Season 5 they hit the nail on the head and ran with it. The can expose hypocrisy and bring down the greatest like nobody's business.

And what's great is that they really leave us with our own opinion. Like "About Last Night", not at one point did they say "We support Obama/McCain", but they made a commentary on the huge deal that everyone was making on the election, and made it incredibly hilarious.

But I'll admit, some of my favourite episodes is just when kids are being kids and there's no real dig at people; Scott Tenorman must die, Cartmanland, The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers, Make Love not Warcraft; all episodes that just say "Here are the kids, maybe they're taking things a bit seriously, but they're just doing what kids do."

And sometimes they add some social commentary into it, like Good Times with Weapons, the whole sex/violence thing.

I dunno, I'm starting to ramble :grin: Whatever they do, they generally do it well, and I'm looking forward to the rest of this season :thumbsup:

15. pirateninja

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/224502

Aha ha! Looks like another classic formula of "Normal situation, taken too far by kids/adults". Much like Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers, Make Love not Warcraft, Child Abduction is not Funny and Margaritaville. :grin: I love these sorts of episodes, so I'm looking forward to this one :grin:

16. Emberstone

lol, stan, kenny, and kyle convinced cartman that he is gay. totally awesome.

17. Shevanel

I thought tonight's episode was pretty damn funny, Stan's Dad is freakin amazing. Ohhh Noooo Not Finrand!

18. pirateninja

I can't believe I never left a review for the last one. Bah, too much Easter work.

To be honest, it wasn't something that jumped out at me. I liked the idea of the whole lying thing, and it was funny how Stan's dad did everything he told Stan not to do whilst lying. And the whole "Yeah, I got the whole world on the phone right now.... yeah.... have you seen the space cash?" "Hey guys, Finland's gone", "Oh no, not Finrand!".

Yeah, twas funny how the lies kept building and building, but there were no real big laughs, nothing that really stood out to me in this episode. I blame the lack of Cartman, but what are ya gonna do?

Overall, funny but meh, 6.5/10

And nowwwwww..... out with the old, and in with the new!

:eek:

PIRATE-CENTERED EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!11111111123QWERTYUKJBSKDHVIVBGV:grin:KHV>MHKLBLGU

Press Image 1
    http://media.southparkstudios.com/media/im...ess_image_1.jpg
    Press Image 2
    http://media.southparkstudios.com/media/im...ess_image_2.jpg

Preview Clip
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/225091

XDDDDD

19. InaRut

Well Holly just orgasmed >_>

20. Just Adam