1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons/Excuses why NOT to come out of that closet!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Deaf Not Blind, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Deaf Not Blind

yup, I see what you mean. I am coming out at school as male, I do NOT tell them I find a few gay men attractive, I just let them all assume I am 100% into girls. That way I hope to have some guy friends, not scare them off and have none.

yes, I seen on FB some comments to gay women that they are lesbians or faggots when they just made a simple comment on a post, the focus is not their minds but their sexuality. YUCK! I got brave and told the girl i am sorry that other girl called her F word.

2. TheUndiscovered

One of my main reason is because I don't even know my sexuality right now and think it's best to not come out when you're not 1000% sure on what your sexual preference is. My other excuses are that I don't want to deal with people being ignorant and hateful towards me for something they don't understand. I probably won't be able to bare the sneers from those who used to be my friends, and strangers I don't even know. I won't like that my extended family won't want to talk to me and if they do talk to me it will be about Jesus, sinners, hell, and anything along those lines. Safety could even be an issue. When coming out you must be prepared to lose everything and everyone and I am simply not ready for that. I'm already going through a hard enough time thinking about how my friends aren't really my friends and how much of dead end my life currently is.

3. rmc

rmc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Unfortunately,
    My co-workers would make fun of me on my back (that would bother a little),
    but mainly I would lost some of my friends (which is what holds me back).

4. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    im in a country where the only people i know are friends... who also happen to be homophobic... i dont wanna be a loner (im an only child) i dont wanna go back there again..

and mom is religious and scared i'd loose her

kids are 11 and afraid that they will ignore me completley

5. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only time I was in the closet was when I didn't know myself.

I'm pretty much incapable of keeping a secret.

6. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because where I live it's unacceptable for anyone to be different even a little bit. Throw in a few homophobic family members (I can't possibly imagine how they'd react to me being trans*) and on top of that we live an incredibly hypocritical and trans*phobic society, if that hasn't already been proved by the fact that I need a papers and freaking pedigree to take a piss. :dry:

7. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom said if I so much as like boys I can pack up the day I turn 18 and never talk to her again. I don't think that she'd take the whole trans and pansexual thing very well.

8. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    love your honesty :lol:

9. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not a choice for me - it's part of my disability.

But thanks anyway. I consider it mostly a positive, even if it gets me in trouble sometimes.

10. jeanie

jeanie Guest

People would view me as a "lesbian" once they found out.
    Girls would think I was instantly attracted to them, and the girls I am attracted to would think I'm going to try to be with them even if they're straight.
    My mother would lose her shit.
    My family in general would judge me.
    People who I've lied to in the past about being gay would get some kind of satisfaction out of finding out that they were right. (That bothers me a lot more than it should lol)

11. BornInTexas

1) Homelessness
    2) Abandonment from parents, who I still depend on for financials and food
    3) My family will think I am digusting
    4) Safety for my own well-being, even though the closet isn't doing much but adding onto my anxiety / depression
    5) Prejudice in my little town

12. Naren

My dad would probably throw me out. And people just don't understand, you know?

13. Leutheria

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly? I'm afraid no one will take me seriously. If you google "straight girl" I'm pretty sure my picture comes up. I can handle people hating me for what I am, but I can't handle people outright not believing me.

...And I guess I'm not quite ready to take myself seriously just yet. :frowning2:

14. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'm scared to death that my parents will hate me for being trans*. Like, kick me out and tell me to support myself kind of hate.

I'm being irrational because I know my mother would never do that to me, but the tension in the house would be unbearable... she would never accept me as her son, and tell me that she would "miss her daughter" or some other stupid shit like that. Or try convincing me that I'm going through another phase, much like their response when I started showing gender identity issues when I was younger. Just overall shame.

My parents wouldn't be proud, yet alone accepting.

15. leer

I thought ad get picked on at school allot of homophobic friends. not as bad as i thought .
    being judged . people did judge me but by then i didnt care anyway.
    mum&dad would never understand. was totally wrong they were brilliant .

16. LoveMusicPoetry

Because I've been married for nearly 11 years, I have a 5 year old child and I live with a man. I was scared of what he would do. I didn't have anywhere to go if he kicked me out or got nasty. Fortunately he didn't, but things are awkward. Also, I just thought I had no friends... Turns out I do though, I just didn't realise it because I was so fucked up. I'm a darn sight luckier that a lot of you on here I know. It was traumatic enough for me, I really feel for some of you.

17. Renge

Hahaha :roflmao:
    Yeah right

18. Punk Cowgirl

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's my reason too.....If I came out to my mom I think she would just say I was making it up for attention. She does that a lot.......When I was anorexic for three years, even when I was collapsing on the floor because I couldn't walk upstairs, she pretended there wasn't anything wrong. Thinking back on it now, there's NO WAY she couldn't have realized what was going on, she must have chosen to ignore it. Then when she found out I was cutting she just lectured me about doing "things like that" for attention, then never talked about it again. At that point I had already told my best friend about it, and even though she was scared at first, she was really supportive. She reacted the way my mom should of. If I was going to come out to anyone, it would be to her, because at this point I think I could tell her just about anything and she'd still love me..........

Anyways, my mom's okay with people that are LGBT, or at least she claims to be, but I think if she found out her daughter was bisexual, it would be different. And I couldn't stand having her not take me seriously. I think that would be more unbearable than not telling her at all. Just knowing that she knows, and that she thinks I would lie about it so people would pay attention to me....I don't think I could take it....

I don't know, it seems like a crappier and crappier excuse the more I think about it.......

19. JustaGayGuy

My main reason for not coming out is my family, my dad is an asshole, he also probably really homophobic. I think my mom would be disappointed because she sometimes brings up me getting married and having kids with my wife, I can't just come out at school(I wouldn't because i don't want my friends to think of me differently and risk ruining out friendship) because my mom works at my high school.

20. grass

grass Guest

I don't want to be seen as a stereotypical lesbian. I don't want to put extra stress on my family either. Everybody's dying, so dead parents + gay kid = no bueno