1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pro life vs pro choice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by maselalala, Aug 21, 2014.

?

pro life or pro choice

1. Pro-Life

15 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. Pro-Choice

111 vote(s)
    88.1%
  1. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry for making an assumption about you. I didn't know that, and I made a poor judgement-call on your situation.

I still stand by what I said, however. If a child isn't wanted, I can't support the idea that the parent should give birth to it, and I can't even think why that father should be involved. I don't believe that he has an inherent emotional connection, especially if he isn't informed. This isn't a fantasy where he gets a vision and sees, with absolute love, a "child" (which will really be a clump of pre-foetal matter or a very undeveloped foetus in the early stages). If he knows, he'll have chosen to feel protective over it. That's his right. It's not his right to have a decision on another person's body.

2. AlexTheGrey

While two people in a stable relationship can certainly decide as a couple to take the pregnancy to term, that assumes the relationship is stable, trusting, blah, blah.

What if the two disagree on what should be done and can't resolve it? It is a zero-sum game at that point, so who gets to "win"? In that case, I'd say the one carrying the child decides by veto. Yes, it may hurt the other person or even end the relationship, but so be it.

In my mind, there is zero cause for the pregnant person not holding the right of veto, or that the other person does hold that right.

I was gonna respond to this, but Aussie already said what I was going to.

#82 AlexTheGrey, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  3. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It was a misunderstanding. It's fine. I do think the father needs to be informed. But, we'll agree to disagree. I'm not going to try to change your opinion.

4. xplodingpassion

definitely Pro-Choice and we start calling Pro-Life anti-choice already the other way sounds too positive

5. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Both names are manipulative. Pro-Life suggests any disagreers are always anti-life in every circumstance ever, which is not the case, and pro-choice sounds like all disagreers are always anti-choice in every circumstance ever, which is not true. It should be just be pro-abortion and anti-abortion. Then it's neutral and not attacking anyone, just factual.

6. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Then anti-choice sounds negative. Maybe pro-abortion, anti-abortion. But that doesn't work because it makes pro-choice people sound like killing machines, which their not. There's no win for either party. I agree pro-life term sounds like they love living human beings, which may not be the case. So that doesn't do pro-choice any favors.

7. Caillin

Just ugh people should not be punished for having sex. I don't care if they didn't use a condom these shouldn't factor in for peoples reproductive rights it shouldn't be well you did this so fuck you you are out of luck its an idiotic concept to give some people their reproductive rights while others don't get them and are left in the mud. With that being said I think its pretty obvious that im pro choice.

8. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How about we call it like it is pro-choice=pro-abortion? Any abortion doctor should be charged with murder and executed if a multiple offender. Anyone who supports abortion condones murder. What difference does it make if the child is 2 months old outside of the womb with a beating heart than one in the womb who has been there 5 months and has a beating heart?

9. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think abortions can be performed at 5 months... I think the cutoff point is earlier... 12 weeks? I'm not sure.

10. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

What the pish are you on about, get ta fuck....

11. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pro-choice.

Also, "Pro-Life" depends on what you are calling "Life".

First of all, i don't know about the law on USA, but i am against abortion if the fetus is already 5 months old.

However, we need to understand that it isn't easy to tell what "Life" is, exactly. To me, a bunch of cells without a nervous system isn't a life, as it cannot really feel (i don't really know how to speak this in a light way, but this isn't cruel if you think about it). If it does have a nervous system already, then i think it is wrong to abort in that stage.

So, i don't really understand your argument. I'm pretty sure most of us who agree with abortion aren't stupid enough to agree with it if the woman has been pregnant for 8 months, for example.

I'm sorry, to me, this just looks like pure fanatism.

#91 Chiroptera, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  12. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And this is why Humanity can't have nice things.

13. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We could have alien visits, you know, but no, no, conservatives... :icon_bigg

14. Ryujin

(!)
    :roflmao:

15. ThePrideInside4

Abortion is the same thing as murder. Murder is illegal. Abortion should be too.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I wonder if chickens cluck talk about this, when it comes to their eggs.

17. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you have a reason for this or do you feel this to be true? Why? This is not, though it may seem so to you, something that necessarily follows, your statement.

18. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Except, in the case of chickens, some eggs are not fertilized at all.

19. The Watcher

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a loaded and divisive topic but that doesn't mean there aren't things both sides agree on. It seems to me most pro-life and pro-choice people both morally oppose abortion, don't support it as a form of birth control, and would like to see it very rare. I believe women should consider many options like adoption and use abortion as a last resort and after a well informed decision consider all the side effects. If you can't live with yourself having one and have constant second thoughts then you probably shouldn't have one. If you accept the risks and can't handle pregnancy right now then you should consider it.

Legally, after the first trimester, there should be some restrictions on it with third trimester and partial-term abortion illegal except for the obvious exceptions. I also find Jimmy Carter's views on it interesting.

That being said I neither identify completely as pro-life or pro-choice.
    Both positions have their flaws. Remember, don't turn this into an us against them argument. Most pro-choice people aren't heartless baby-killers and most pro-life people aren't misogynistic pigs. They both have legit concerns and you should listen to them with an open mind.

20. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^How dare you be a voice of reason! :icon_wink