1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pro life vs pro choice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by maselalala, Aug 21, 2014.

?

pro life or pro choice

1. Pro-Life

15 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. Pro-Choice

111 vote(s)
    88.1%
  1. maselalala

He's considering both sides of the argument which is something I have done several times... But honestly I value the life of the baby and the welfare of the baby and killing the baby wipes the welfare off completely. I did A LOT of research on abortion including on how they do the procedure, and they literally snip off the limbs of the baby and sever the head. But there are limits to where I can draw the line. I believe birth control is a good thing. That's a line where I would consider a baby not alive and doesn't have to suffer.

2. Ryujin

Eh?

3. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok. Well I didn't vote. But... technically I am pro choice. Back in the day when a woman could not refuse sex with her husband and died in childbirth, that was so wrong. Obviously there are situations such as if the mother might die that abortion would be necessary. That being said, anyone considering abortion should really consider all her options before deciding on abortion. I think the best choice is to keep the baby unless absolutely imposible. You can read a lot about how an abortion can psychologically affect the mother and damage her relationship with her future children. My mom had to have an abortion with her first pregnancy. And even though it was necessary, it kind of fucked her up and we never had a good relationship and I know that having an abortion was part of the reason she never bonded with me. So of course under certain circumstances, it is necessary. But mothers, please know all your options and don't take abortion lightly. It is a BIG dicission that will affect your life. That's my view on it.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Pro-life. You chose to have sex, and you knew the consequences. If you were raped, I'm sorry but the child inside you deserves a life.
    If you used protection, you still knew there was a chance of a baby. And the father should be involved if you choose to abort, it's their baby too. They should have a say unless the pregnancy will kill the mother.
    Yes,poverty isn't a good living condition but, you can raise a child in poverty. There are food banks, clothing drives, even homeless shelters.
    A mom can continue her education with a baby. It depends if she wants the education. There are free child care places.
    The women should have a say but only with the father involved. If the women wants one and the dad says no, then she should have the baby.
    Unless it's rape, dad should be involved. In rape cases then the dad should be in prison for life. Mom should have a choice.
    I'm pro-life but I don't care who has an abortion. It's not my baby.
    However, I see no valid reason to abort unless mom's life's in danger.

6. Dakeli27

Pro-choice. I don't think the government should be able to make a decision that destroys the woman's life, and personally I'd rather not be born than be raised by parents who I know would rather have aborted me had they had the chance.

I think that prevention is much better than abortion, obviously, but a woman's life should not be defendant on someone else's decision as to what counts as "alive". I also like the idea of giving birth and then giving the kid up for adoption, but above all, people should have a choice to do what they want in their life, especially with decisions with as massive consequences as this.

It's also interesting to see how pretty much everyone here has the same view.

#66 Dakeli27, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  7. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Pro-choice all the way, and I don't know why this is even a bloody discussion.

8. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'd rather a child be unborn than to be subjected to prolonged suffering in a potentially uncaring world.

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Interesting how so many pro-lifers here are male.....

10. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pro-Choice, but if the father is involved, I think he should get a say too. Obviously in the circumstances of rape or singe parenthood, no, but it is his child too. I know, I know, it's a pregnant woman's body, but I know how devastating it would be for me if I could have children and my child was aborted without my consultation. He shouldn't be able to override the decision or anything like that, it's a woman's choice, but he should at least be talked to.

#70 Leonardo, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  11. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    True, but it's also mainly the males who think the father should have any say. So that is also interesting.

12. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you understand how utterly sick and controlling this sounds?

Go live in poverty with a child. You tell me if you can manage. But wait. You're not going to be in that position, are you?

13. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No.

14. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I strongly agree. People with uteri are not our slaves.

15. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think couples should discuss whether or not an abortion is the right thing to do, whether or not they can support it or if they are ready to have a dependent. The decision rests with the female ultimately, but a discussion should take place.

If it's just a one night thing, more than likely the potential father doesn't care or doesn't want to know.

16. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the key thing here is that some men might get very, very hostile and controlling if they're confronted by their partner wanting an abortion. That's a risk a lot of people can't take. Even if they're not openly abusive, they could still guilt-trip (in the same language many EC members have been using) their partner in a horrible way, calling them selfish and essentially forcing them to have the child.

That's not a healthy situation, either. I don't think the partner needs to be involved at all. It is entirely up to the pregnant person to whom they disclose and from whom they seek advice.

17. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That might happen, but it's jumping to conclusions as I'm sure the majority of men are not abusive, controlling or manipulative, so I stand by what I originally said. Any man who results to what you described above has probably already exhibited signs of being controlling and abusive anyway.

18. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I live in poverty. I'm was classified female at birth. So I can be in that position. I can get pregnat. I can very well be in that position. If I get pregnat with a unplanned child, I will be in that position. My parents had me while getting a GED. My mom couldn't do it, I'll admit that she quit her education because pregnacy was hard on her. I can end up with a child in poverty. My whole extended and immediate family had children in poverty. My neighborhood is a poverty area. I can end up in that situation.

Maybe it sounds controlling. The most controlling stance is the father should have a say. People say it's her baby. It's the dad's too. He has feelings and has an emotional bond to his unborn child.

19. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know that the majority of men aren't abusive. But that doesn't mean even nice partners will be understanding. I think the pregnant person needs to be able to deal with it on their own if they have even the slightest doubt that their partner will understand their thinking. Not that they're not allowed to disagree, it's just I know a lot of people would try to convince their partner otherwise out of selfishness, or at least pure ignorance on how difficult/disruptive pregnancy can be.

My thinking is just that you don't need to consult anyone about it if you're worried about their response.

20. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My position on this is that the human body is already partially enslaved by the monopoly of violence held by governmental authority. Taking control of reproductive rights is identical to how slaves were treated in the past. A person should own their own body, no one else.