1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portal 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Zontar, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Emberstone

went back into portal1. I cant get past test chamber 15...

good thing I cant afford portal 2, because I still need to get portal 1 done.

2. Totoro

This is still a speculation/theory o-o Though there seems to be evidence I don't want to believe it because I dislike having all characters being related in some sense like that e_e

3. Ridiculous

We know that Half-Life 1 was set between 2000 and 2009, due to calendars and other dates around (the last number is always missing though, just 200_). It says on the Half-life official website that Gordon awakes "nearly two decades" after the end of HL1, so that makes it 2019 to 2029 for HL2 and its episodes.

Portal 2 developers said that Portal 1 happened just after the Combine invasion, which occured just after the events of Half-Life 1. So Portal 1 was set a week or 2 after HL1 i.e. also between 2000 and 2009.

Who knows when Portal 2 is set, it's impossible to tell. Long enough for plants to grow anyway, so I'd say atleast 10 years (most likely many more). However remember that the Combine have taken over the world for 20 years after Portal 1, then subsequently Gordon came back and started screwing with them after that; the ending didn't have any evidence of Combine inhabitance... however of course chances are the ending field is just another test chamber GLaDOS made to look like the outside world :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

4. Hot Pink

The best guess is that Portal 2 may take place around 30 years after the first game. When you first wake up the computer says you've been asleep for 9999 days. Since it went over the maximum amount, it could have been longer.

5. Totoro

I hate how valve always does that xD They keep leaving the time undisclosed and up to the player to figure it out x_x

6. InaRut

There is great amounts of Nerd Win Here. :slight_smile:

Personally I think a Grav Gun/Portal Gun combo would be pretty bad ass. Like pulling people into portals and stuff. Or portal-ing some Combo!
    "Beep Beep, Get the Freeman"
    SHOOP....SHOOP
    "BEEEEEEP--eeeeP Ahhh an infinte loop!"
    *Drops gernade in infinite loop for added lols.*

Anyways, if you go on facebook right now a BUNCH of people have started making FB pages for Space Core (My fav), Fact Core, Adventure Core, Weasley, Animal King Turret (Second favourite). There is even a page for the Invisble lazer that Turns Blood into Gasoline.

SPPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEE

7. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just finished the single player last night, and it was amazing. I loved it. I can't say that it was bucket loads better than Portal 1 though. I really loved some of the tests in Portal, but I love how long, and story heavy Portal 2 is.

I hope they don't make another Portal game involving Chell. I think her story is done. She's outside, with the Cube, and she'll work something out eventually. What I DO hope they do, is something of a prequel, exploring the Aperture labs of the 50's. I'd like to learn more about all the science they did, and since the Gels seem to be the major breakthrough of that time period in Aperture, they could have more Gel based puzzles, other than Portal based, or maybe even a primitive Portal gun.
    I'd really like to learn more about Aperture rivalry with Black Mesa, and how exactly Cave went bankrupt. But I think that the story is well finished, and they can't take it any further forwards, and should go backwards.

Anyway, amazing game.

8. Totoro

Yep, but I think Valve has a history of never making a 'third' game in a series -coughcough Half life, team fortress, counter strike, left 4 dead 2-
    Cave went bankrupt because he kept making weird experiments and bought moon rocks (they're poisonous you know) and they were really expensive. You can tell during the game he was spending money crazy. At one point they say they were recruiting olympians and astronauts etc,. but in the later test chambers he says they picked them off the streets. They just wasted too much money I guess :confused:

9. Ridiculous

SOLUTION: Portal 2, Episode 1!

If you have it on the PC then you NEED to go and play this modded map. It is very authentic looking (the only thing missing is Glados in the background talking) and some of the puzzles are particularly nasty (but very good, and use things in ways that Valve didn't).

10. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Makes sense, but we still don't know how Aperture got back on it's feet. I mean, they'd have to have money to build GLaDOS and whatnot. I'd still like to know about the relationship between Aperture and Black Mesa aswell. Also, I loved the old test chambers, and Cave was very entertaining throughout the tests.

11. Totoro

Cave's personality is so awesome <3
    They made shower curtains but I have no idea how they got back on their feet after.

12. InaRut

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHxduNH5kVY&feature=player_embedded#at=90[/YOUTUBE]

*Internet Explodes*

13. Emberstone

minecraft portal needs more snark.

14. InaRut

Something I quickly drew in MS Paint.

It's the secret Valve didn't want you to see....The Apeature Science: Walrus Core.

:roflmao: Who, yes, is totally gay for the space core.

Attached Files:

15. Shevanel

So today, Jesse's Portal 2 finally came in the mail, since I bought my own and then bought his a few days apart. ($35 on Amazon :3)

We're only at Chapter 6 or 7 on the Single Player mode so far, but it's inexplicably awesome. We've been playing it together on Private Chat basically. We'll probably do Co-op tomorrow ^_^

16. Shevanel

^ and beaten now :slight_smile: So amazing <3

17. kettlkorn

I'm in space!!!!!!

18. Raeil

I love this game! Seriously, my roommate stayed up until 6AM playing it the day it was released, and I ended up not going to class at all the next day. Of course, that was partially because he started playing it again immediately upon waking up the next day... I can't wait to get it myself and re-experience it! YouTube videos just don't cut it, even thought they make great repositories of quotes from our friends... in space!

19. Meropspusillus

Space Space Space!

20. Totoro

I now officially have a wheatley + Space core screen saver from the game :slight_smile: