1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portal 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Zontar, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Mr Ishida

Mr Ishida Guest

"Oh , hi. How are you holding up? BECAUSE I'M A POTATO!!!!"

Love this awesome game. Makes me wonder about a possible portal 3 though...

2. Emberstone

I think that might be a interesting thing to explore in a future game. they would be foolish not to make another.

3. Totoro

All I'm sure of is: The animal king probably has A LOT of bullets in him.

4. Emberstone

the ending of the co-op mode implies the route for portal 3.

I still havent gotten the game, but someone posted the ending of co-op mode on youtube, along with a video walkthrough of the entire single player mode.

Seems there is hope for a trilogy, just if most people dont do co-op mode, they wont know it.

5. starfish

I finished portal 2 tonight. I really enjoyed it.

ANother cool idea would be an additional test pack or maybe to release new tests daily. Like a daily sudoku. Except instead of numbers they have deadly lasers and conversion gel.

---------- Post added 28th Apr 2011 at 12:14 AM ----------

Well I don't know if Portal 2 is safe for the Christian family, but I can tell you that page is not safe for work.

6. Totoro

I think what most people really like about portal is the continuity of the series with Chell and glaDOS. Valve had initially changed a lot of things (i.e. Cave Johnson used to be the main antagonist) and things like that... But people wanted glaDOS and Chell. I think people will want more of those 2 in portal 3, if it ever happened. But first I'd REALLY like my Half life 2: Episode 3.

7. Ridiculous

I was SO expecting to see Judith Mossman outside the Borealis when you came out the elevator... or the GMan come to save you when the elevator stops infront of the turrets.

Alas the only reference we get is a few life-saver flotation rings in a secret back room :frowning2:.

8. NickT

Anyone wanna go to space? :grin:

9. Emberstone

Space!!!! Where In Spppppaaaaaaccccceeeeee!

10. Hot Pink

I actually just finished the first Portal and now I want Portal 2 really bad.

11. Ridiculous

Get iiiiitttttt....

I find it really disheartnening that, according to Steam achievements, 11% of the people with the game haven't gotten to the end of the essentially entirely automated starting sequence :frowning2:. Only 56.4% have finished the singleplayer game.

And if anyone wants to squeeze some replayability from the game, you could always try doing this:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjApKHyEGTc[/YOUTUBE]

12. Gaetan

The turret you can save from the redemption line mentions the casting of Prometheus into a pit where he is attacked by birds. GLaDOS is thrown into a pit where she is attacked by birds.

13. Helen

Helen Guest

I thought this game was magnificent and heavenly. Completed it in about 2 days after having bought it on Thursday, and I just love everything about it. The puzzles were suitably challenging (some perhaps a little too challenging :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and I liked all the little twists, and easter eggs. And the music is BRILLIANT. They've really pulled their fingers out with the incidental music, and I ADORED THE TURRET OPERA.

Also, "Hello, how are you holding up? BECAUSE I'M A POTATO." is possibly the most hilarious thing I've ever heard GLaDOS say.

14. Emberstone

I don't know, I think "that thing is probably a toxic waste receptical, go ahead and rub your face all over it!" still ranks high.

---------- Post added 2nd May 2011 at 11:43 AM ----------

oh, and new easter egg for your enjoyment!!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unHYQIde4k8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

15. InaRut

Just beat Portal 2 today. OH MY GOD! That was the most ridculously awesome ending EVER.

Also...GlaDdos as a Potato was so strange ahahahahaha

Gaaahh! I need Xbox Live so someone can play Co-Op with me. I'm trying hard to avoid all the co-op spoilers!

16. Hot Pink

My friend and I beat the co-op campaign in a single night. @@

17. InaRut

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCE

Is probobly my most favourite video game quote ever.

Anyone wanna partake in some of the theories aboot
    Chell/Caroline/GlaDdos Relationship. The Overgrown Potato experiment is signed, "Chell"

Chell/Half-Life 2 Episode 3. Chell is free to join Gordon Freeman? Sighting of the Borealis's Dock.
    Ratman in SSPPPAAAACCCCCCCCE. The final transmission shows companion cube on the moon. He has a moon cycling diagram in one of his Ratman dens. And I think people have been hinting at an Adveture Science Moon Base? I love Valve just for the conspiracy theories they seem to get people thinking. Also, the Space Sphere...

#57 InaRut, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  18. darkestknight

The Portal 2 happens after 100 years from Portal 1, so I do not think she would be joining Dr.Freeman, since they were at the different time line.

I'm just curious about what would Chell do after she is outside???:lol:

19. InaRut

Yea but do we actually know the timelines to which these games take place?
    We know Aperature Science and Black Mesa are connected but we don't know the chronology of their connection do we?

Also correct me if I'm wrong but we also don't really know how much time has passed between Half-Life 1 and 2? Well I guess not SO many years because everyone from Black Mesa is still around in Half-Life 2...

20. Hot Pink

SUPER HUGE SPOILER BELOW!

I still can't believe that Caroline was Chell's adopted daughter.

There are a lot of people who doubt it, but I think they hinted enough of it in the game. Plus, there's the opera at the end, which is pretty much GLaDOS saying good-bye to her daughter. And who's leaving? Chell.