1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portal 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Zontar, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

This doesn't really have anything to do with Portal 2, but it has to do with Portal in general.

There is an online Flash version of Portal. Pretty fun. :3

Portal: The Flash Version

2. Zontar

I beat it today. Awesome shit.

3. Totoro

Played this through in 2 days... AMAZING. It's like an artistic retcon to Portal 1. I love how they tried to unveil more of the world of Aperture Science (aside from the Half life part)
    And the easter eggs just make me drool... Things like the Rattman's den, and the Borealis ship dock made me go like "OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFG"

4. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'll be probably getting it on Thursday, so I don't have much to say about the game itself. I am excited though.

Something...interesting? I had linked to me today.

Is “Portal 2″ Safe for the Christain Family? | ChristWire

It's satirical, so we don't have to worry about the future of humanity in the hands of people like that. Although I do sincerely believe that there are a few people like that out there.

#24 wallrose, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  5. Ridiculous

6. Emberstone

christwire wont load for me, but someone posted the ending on youtube, and I am now wondering how and if they will try for a portal 3. I think it is a logical, and warrented step to take myself, even though I have not played portal 2 (want to master portal 1 first).

I think when you have something distinctly unlike what is also out there in the gaming world, and it works, you should keep expanding it.

7. Zontar

If you've played through to the ending, it's hard to see how they can make another one. At least with Chell, anyway.

8. Emberstone

Well, it comes down to if we trust GlaDOS or not. Watched the ending, and it seems to me that given GlaDOS's frequent duplicity and habit of lying, it is anyones guess since she deleted the part of her that would have given her a sense of morality.

9. Totoro

The entirety of portal 2 is much like a greek mythology apparently.
    http://i.imgur.com/znF7X.jpg
    It just so happens that the ending is just as the greek mythology portrays heaven too. Also the turret opera was amazing <3

10. Emberstone

Thats interesting. I was mildly skeptical until the tartarous image in the game itself. That really can't be random.

oh, and on portal three, the ending of portal one was changed with a patch to make it possible for continuation into portal 2, so it is possible there might be another patch in a few years to portal 2 to set up for a third game... which it would be foolish not to make.

11. SlickyPants

Well, I just beat the game on Saturday and loved the ending, with one small exception.

Spoilers in quotebox below
    P.S. I still love the game I just needed to rant about something.

12. Totoro

Agh~! I'm having portal withdrawal!!!
    So I started looking around the web for the little interesting bits of Portal info...

(may be a bit spoilerish, Not sure)

If you found the easter egg for the Rattman's Den There was a Radio that gave out some sort of loud beeping... someone translated it and it gave a picture of a companion cube on... what would seem to be the moon?

13. Emberstone

the moon has far lower gravity, and so the momentum of being sucked through the portal would have had a easier chance of propelling whealthy into space, because of the rush of oxygen from earth being pulled through the portal by the vacum of space and a generally atmosphere-less moon.

14. Ridiculous

Also it was Glados that flicked him away, not Chell, so it would've been with more force than a human's throw. Combined with the change in pressure between the moon and earth he will get quite a lot of speed out of the portal.

Regardless it will certainly not be fast enough to escape the gravity of the moon, so he will be coming back down after a while. However the portal he came out of was aimed towards the earth, so he may end up there as well (if he somehow managed to survive reentry).

15. Emberstone

Interesting thought right at the end of the spoiler.

I can't wait to finish portal 1. I think I was able to get just over half way, to two thirds of the way throuhg *never got deep enough into the game to face turrets, if that helps*, and I will love to get portal 2, because it looks amazing.

16. Flem Fatale

Out Status:
    A few people
    Portal 1 was really cool so I might actually have to buy this...

17. Emberstone

is it just me, or is there a part where wheatly sounds like he is jacking off? "ugh ugh ughhhhhh, oh... well thats disappointing." <~~~~ paraphrase.

Someone posted full walkthrough videos of the game, and I have been watching it off and on when I need a break from midterm writing, just to enjoy the storyline of the game itself.

18. Totoro

"Oh good, My slow clap processor is still working [clap]....[clap]...."
    Oh glaDOS :grin:

19. Emberstone

I want to know what the deal with the giant (animal king) turret in the turret opera... which by the way is AMAZING!!!

20. Totoro

It's a complete joke. It's because portal 2 takes place within an indefinite amount of time after portal 2... potentially something between 25-300 years (not sure because they left it out) and Aperture laboratories is always sure that if there's some sort of animal ruling outside they have the animal king so they know what they're doing xD