1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by weary, Nov 1, 2018.

1. LaneyM

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    @weary I'm so sorry. The holidays can be so rough emotionally. Thanks for updating us and keep your head up, we're here for you <3

2. confusedbubble

Reading all the messages you need to move out get your daughter and move he's emotionally blackmailing you into staying.

Have you physically sent for the divorce papers yet? Sorry to sound harsh but you came out as LESBIAN over 18 months ago and he's still playing you like a fiddle,send off for the divorce papers or if it needs an appointment make one in your name and get the divorce filed.

Your daughter will know something's going on and being back and forth with him won't help her come to terms her parents are split. She wil see it as an on off on off relationship where dad's leaving them has not then has leaving again.
    He lost the apartment because he wanted to loose the apartment look for another for him and place several options down in front of him and tell him to pick.

You are lesbian and can't move on with your life as a lesbian with him round you 24/7 if you find someone you can't bring them home because he's there honest truth if I started seeing someone and found out a partner was controlling I'd be asking why they haven't left them sooner.
    You came out to make yourself happy and now you are smothered by your ex why carry this on... close that door and move on if he drinks that's his choice you aren't his mother you offered to stay in his life to a point not to mother him.

Today if you have chance look on the net at apartments for him or you you need to get this moving for your own mental health

weary likes this.
  3. weary

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thxs @LaneyM

Thxs @confusedbubble Besides me moving out (I own my home) I agree with everything you said. It is just a lot harder to put into action irl. If I had irl friends or a support system it would be a lot easier I think. I don't though. What gets me is that I know better, I knew it was wrong as soon as the words were coming out of my mouth. Tbh before Christmas Day I was actually in a really good place. He had already made it clear that his idea of us getting back together included isolating me and not wanting me to have any friends outside of him. He actually said that. So I had no issue at all with him leaving and was happy for him to go. I was just so upset over my mom and feeling like I had no one that accepted me as I am. I was vulnerable and let that rule the moment.

And this is how easy it is for people who are abused to stay with their abusers - not saying he is an abuser, he is not physically anyways. I always have wondered how someone could stay in that situation though and now I know.

This week he has really tried to do everything I wanted him to do but he never would in all our years of marriage like sitting beside me or taking me home on Christmas. Granted he didn't speak up when my mom was saying all that crap. But he would have tried to convince me to just suck it up before. If I still loved him I would be thinking this is a man I could want to be married to, instead I do feel smothered. It is a major setback but it will be undone. It just won't be instantaneous. I will talk to him and I will give him time to recoup the money he lost on that apartment. A couple months should be enough.

4. Peterpangirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not necessarily. My soon to be ex husband was not unpleasant when I started seeing my ex girlfriend, although I never had her back to my home whilst he was there and vice versa with her ex and home. He and she even met once and were perfectly civil to each other. However it did increase my desire to lead a separate life from him.

5. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me and ex wife have called a truce, it was an awful mess but time is a healer.....when I wrote that post I was in a bad place. If we have kids, there's not much choice but to try and get along with the ex....

Peterpangirl likes this.
  6. weary

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay so on the 4th after arguing non-stop since New Year's, I asked him to get an apt. We didn't really speak for a few days then the 6th I was going over my finances and he asked me what I was doing to which I responded about making sure I could pay everything when he moved out. That lead to another huge argument.

Last night he starts yelling over nothing and then says he wants a divorce. Then half hour later he's calmed down and talks to me - actually talks. He doesn't understand it all at all, he's hurting because he wants us to work things out but he also wants me to be happy. He says he wants the divorce and doesn't want the divorce. Doesn't because he loves me and see us growing old together; Does because then I would be free to explore and 'sow my oats', then hopefully come back to him.

I was taken back. He's gone from thinking I can just put it all back in a box to thinking I can just go get it out of my system. Progress yes, but... #1 my response was I would never 'sow my oats' as I have matured since I was a teen. #2 If it got to the point that I was in a sexual relationship with a woman, I doubt I would ever be that way with him again. But we are making progress here. He has decided instead of an apt, he will be buying another home. Less expensive monthly, and it's an investment. So there's that as well.

7. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hopefully you have some light now at the end of that dark tunnel. Once you have been with the same sex there's not often a way back!! Believe me, I only want to be with a man now! It could be a tricky time, him buying a property, that takes time.....could he not rent for a few months and look to buy in that time? He could drag this on....I think you said you have children?

#47 Rade, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Peterpangirl and Nic2552 like this.
  8. weary

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I thought about that as well. Yes we have a 13yo daughter at home. He's been looking at properties today, but I plan to discuss this further this weekend and set a timeframe for move out - if he doesn't start the buying process within a month then he needs to go to an apt. Closing here is usually pretty quick, no longer than a month. So two months tops and he should be moved out.

9. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will keep everything crossed, you need some time and space....hopefully everything will all work out. Me and ex wife talk MORE now we're apart, her statement the other day! We called a truce for the sake of our three children....it's working better being apart and I can also still be a good father and lead my gay life how I want....

weary likes this.
  10. LaneyM

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's progress. I hope the momentum continues, it will be really good for you to have him move out and move on.