1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Transition - photos of progress

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Katelynn, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Katelynn

Hey all, so October 25th was my 8th month anniverary of being on hormone replacement therapy, so I updated my profile pic & uploaded some new new photos of myself for anyone interested :slight_smile:

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You look beautiful, my dear.

3. Minamimoto_Fan

I gotta say you look elegant in these photos. I'm glad that things are going well with your HRT. Your transition is marvelous.

4. Katelynn

Thanks :slight_smile: Ive been trying not to go too overboard with makeup or clothes at this point, since I still have much to do & more changes to have happen. Wardrobe was pretty simple - I switched from mens jeans & baggy unisex tees to girlès baby tees or ladies v neck tees & from baggy men's jeans to ladies' skinny jeans. Not a huge shift, but enough that people have picked up on it & used 'she' or 'her' instead of male pronouns. As for makeup, I usually only wear concealer (Ill be starting electrolysis to remove my facial hair in the new year, if not sooner hopefully) & a bit of mascara, but going easy on the makeup seems to have played in my favour...

My first day back in college for my 2nd year on Sept 5th, I walked into my first class as me for the first time. After that class had ended, one of my classmates walked up to me & said she didnt even recognize me at first when I walked into the room & thought I was a new student! Even my own mother has failed to recognize me at least once so far when looking for me in a public restaurant when we had agreed to meet that day :slight_smile: So sometimes subtle is better, it doesnt make me scream feminine, but it also doesnt hide it either :grin:

5. Katelynn

So here it is, another update on my progress, meaning - new pics! Not too much change in the last couple months, but subtle changes nonetheless. Lemme know what you think :slight_smile:

For ease of not having to go looking for the link to the album, here it is: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/members/11704-albums3665.html

6. TheUglyBarnacle

It wouldn't cross my mind that you're transgender if I saw you on the street. Looking good! :slight_smile:

7. animequeen567

You look very beautiful!

8. Katelynn

Thank you very much both! I'm still frustrated with how slow things are, but I'm still really glad I finally decided to come out in 2011, despite the epic fail my family has turned out to be, it's still a bit better this way

9. Katelynn

10. LailaForbidden

:grin: You look wonderful! I'm so happy for you :slight_smile:

11. anko

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can really see the whole transition and let me say that you look so beautiful! I think you really look good when you curl your hair too (like I saw in one of the photos). Congratulations on how well the whole process turned out and best of luck! And once more for good measure: You look amazing.

12. Robellious

Holy crap! You look really nice! haha :grin: Congrats on your epic transforation~!!

13. curlycats

hello. :slight_smile: i've looked through your photos before, but forgot to comment here.

looking through all of your photos, i have to say "wow". i really think your transitioning is going very well. you said that you're frustrated with how slow it's going, but when i look back through the photos from start to finish i see so much change in (what seems to me to be) a relatively short period of time. i can only imagine how far you will have come a year from now since i think you already look very much like a beautiful woman. :slight_smile:

good luck with your journey! oh, and btw, your eyes are particularly lovely, imho. :wink:

14. FruitFly

I know that for you things seem slow but as I flipped through your album all I could think about was the fact you have truly made leap and bounds during your transition. I couldn't help thinking that even between 8 months and 10 months of transitioning there have been some visible changes to your face.

Also, your beautiful eyes really are the icing on the cake, especially as it seems that as time goes on the changes are really bringing them out as beautiful doe eyes (at least I think they're beautiful doe eyes). You are blooming beautiful.

15. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Beautiful :slight_smile: Absolutely lovely

16. Katelynn

Thank you all :slight_smile:

17. Silverbells000

You're very pretty, so glad things are working out better for you :slight_smile:

18. Katelynn

With the HRT, things are working out, but Ill be honest, my life is a mess & Im still pretty damn suicidal most days bc of it... Thats what a lot of cisgender people I know IRL dont get or want to hear or listen about - the monumental struggle I go through socially on a daily basis, all they seem to care about & notice is the outside! Can be very frustrating & even upsetting at times...

19. 461 467

You look amazing! I would never have guessed you were MTF if I hadn't seen the transition.

20. Emberblaze

So what's it LIKE transitioning??? I'm kinda uneducated when it comes to transgender-ism, but really, please tell ^^
    I mean it's just so awesome how smooth the transition was