1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Transition - photos of progress

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Katelynn, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Katelynn

It really did feel amazing to just be myself & look like myself & just wear what I wanted to all day long. But I will say this, it isnt so much the fear of assholes that keeps me back, its the fear of what might happen to me if said assholes decide to do more than use words. Im finally starting to like my life & myself, I just dont want that to end prematurely. I guess you could say its more of a fear of bodily injury or death that I fear. Maybe Im just being stupid, but I worry about it nonetheless. Sorry to be so negative...

And thanks so much seeksanctuary!!! :slight_smile:

2. jvn95

Lookin good! :slight_smile:

3. seeksanctuary

You're welcome!

As for the rest of your post, I really understand that fear. May I suggest taking self-defense classes, or going so far as to learn how to use a gun and acquiring a concealed weapon permit? If you can fight back, you raise your chances of survival.

4. Katelynn

Well, Im uncomfy with the idea of carrying a gun, but self-defense classes are definitely something Im thinking of doing, Im just a bit concerned about which locker room Id end up being allowed to or not allowed to use, since Im not comfortable with the idea of using the men's locker room, especially since my body is, um, beginning to develop in a certain area & that I dress according to my gender as far as undergarments go. Havent figured it out yet, heck, I still wait until I get home rather than use public restrooms, so I may need to figure out the little things before I can do that first. I probably sound like Im making excuses, but it really is something that I worry about, even more than I used to before...

5. Aldrick

I definitely understand that fear way too well.

I was going to encourage you to think about taking a self-defense class, but I see seeksanctuary beat me to it. I can understand your reluctance when it comes to locker rooms and the like, my suggestion would be to call up any self-defense classes in your area and be bluntly honest. Tell them why you're interested in taking a self-defense course, and talk to them about the locker room issue.

I'm certain you're not the only trans person who has considered taking self-defense classes before, so this issue may have arisen in the past.

6. Katelynn

Bump!!! Just in case anyone is interested, missed the thread the first time around or cares lol :grin:

Also, mini-update, I decided this past weekend what I will be legally changing my name to, so before the end of the year, I will no longer be Kiersten or Kristen (which is what I was going by off site bc people kept mispronouncing my name anyway & it was just easier) or anything resembling my birth name. I will be - wait for it - Katelynn!!!

So one of these days I will get around to getting that changed here on EC as well lol

#46 Katelynn, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  7. SkyDiver

Just out of curiosity, how is "Kiersten" pronounced anyways?

But that's exciting. :grin: I like the name Katelynn. I think it suits you!

8. Katelynn

Keer-s-ten,, hope that clears it up SkyDiver lol

And thanks so much, finding my name finally, the one I want for the rest of my life, its sort of like finding yet another piece of my real me & my true life, if that makes sense to anyone. Plus I wont lie, I like the idea of also being called both Kate & Katie as well, I alredy have a couple female friends who have told me they intend to call me Katie! :grin:

9. Aldrick

Congratulations, this is exciting news. I'm so happy for you... Katie. :icon_bigg

I love the name Katelynn, and the shorter version of Katie. I think you're going to grow into it rather well.

I feel like doing a little happy dance for you, as this is very exciting news. (!)

I think it is awesome that you are allowing us to go along with you on this journey. It's amazing to watch someone transition, and I am sure that this will inspire other people who are trans and give them a sense of hope and courage. I know that, as a gay man, watching and listening to the stories of other gay men is amazingly helpful to me - I can identify and connect in a way that I don't really get to with many other people. So, I am certain that there is at least one trans person out there who is lurking and reading this thread, and is receiving some inspiration from what you've shared with us. (*hug*)

10. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

You look amazing!(*hug*)

11. Katelynn

Thanks so much AwkwardlyHers!!!

Just added 3 mre pics of me at 6 months on hormone replacement therapy, and Ive officially gone full time as myself as of August 20th!!!

(!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!)

12. Dummy

That's great. :eusa_danc Also I like your hair.:icon_bigg

13. Rygirl

Agreed your hair looks awesome, I just looked through the whole transitioning album and the biggest difference I can see is in your eyes, I can see your happy and even excited.(!)

14. J Snow

You look like you are really getting some progress :3

15. Aldrick

I saw your new avatar picture, and the first thing I noticed was your hair! It's looking awesome, and getting longer! I was going to search for this thread and bump it to let you know that you're looking great... but someone else already did!

You look awesome. I hope you keep updating things as you go along. (*hug*)

16. Katelynn

Just uploaded a new pic into the transition album on my profile, from about 6 & half months in on HRT, I will be posting some more soon as tomorrow is officially 7 months since I started! Hope those who see are enjoying the pics & dont be afraid to drop any advice you may have for me too :slight_smile:

Ive decided to update my avatar & profile pics as I go as well, since it may not be convenient for everyone to check out my transition album!

17. Katelynn

18. Pexetta

I've drafted about 10 different posts trying to balance up jealousy and encouragement... like others are saying, just the change in the expression on your face from picture to picture shows you're going the right way.

19. stephaniesbaby

hi Katelynn! I think you are looking very beautiful :slight_smile: my girlfriend has been on hormones for 3 months now, and she's so excited that boobs are starting to grow. XD but it's so difficult emotionally for her because she's convinced that everything about her is way to masculine. i'd very much like to help her, but i'm not quite sure how. she still identifies as male, and other then when we are alone, she goes by Adam instead of Stephanie...she's so concerned about what others think, and its so hard on her...sigh...anyway, you look great! :slight_smile:

20. Katelynn

Thanks so much! I know EXACTLY what Stephanie s going thru, I was the same at 3 months on HRT too. I was also so excited to start seeing breasts at 3 months as well, Im now 7 months in on HRT & at a 40A cup, so Im happier than 4 months ago! Being on HRT is, by definition, going to be very difficult emotionally - essentially what your girl is going thru is puberty AND PMS - AT THE SAME TIME, which is really rough at times, Im still going thru it, sometimes I can go from being ecstatically happy to insanely depressed & upset in the blink of an eye, so just be there for her as much as you can. As for becoming comfortable with herself, I was still going by Chris while I looked male & presented as male up until the end of last month, until I finally decided on my name & went full-time as myself on Aug 20th. This is an arbitrary thing that is going to be when Stephanie feels comfortable with it. When she is ready & comfy with it, she will start going by & presenting as Stephanie, it cant be forced & there is no set time when it needs to be done. I am STILL very concerned with what other people think about me, esp since Im waiting to get facial hair removal done in a few months, it makes me stand out in my opinion & it can only be helped so much by concealer. BUT this is what Stephanie can expect to see in the next couple months:

continued slowing of facial & body hair
    continued growth of breasts (I would recommend to her that she moisturize & massage them every nite to assist in growth AND if she notices one larger than the other, she shouldnt panic, this is normal)
    continued emotional changes as well (if she isnt in therapy or counselling, she should consider it, if money is an option, try & find a PFLAG or GSA near to you that is trans friendly, but a trans support group is best)

A last side note, try doing girly things with Stephanie - nails, hair, makeup, clothes shopping, facials, and she may even want to consider calling local intimate apparel boutiques to see if they are trans friendly so that she can get professionally fitted for a bra I did this at 3 months in & it was so nice to have that experience, it helped me a bit to do something uniquely feminine, she may want to do that as well!

Again, thanks for your kind words & dont hesitate to post on my wall! :grin: