1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JayHew, RIP

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Paul_UK, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panda

Too young to leave. RIP JayHew.

2. paul7836

That is really sad. He did give a lot of people advice. Rest In Peace Jayhew.

3. Cloud Nine 5

God, that's so terrible.. I. just logged on MSN hoping to see him and consult with him. I have to reply to get the shock off my chest a little but I hate doing it. It's hard to put stuff like this down in writing, cause exclamation marks, sad icons, etc. are just outer things. This is really shocking and saddening.

He was a GREAT person. I know he helped the forum a lot but should know he did so much more than that. He's helped me so much personally, we IMed each other for possibly a year now on a regular basis. . I can go on for 40 paragraphs now but I'd just be talking to myself and maybe regret about leaving things out so I'll leave it at that, at least for now.

Dan, I'm really sorry and if there's anything I can do just PM me.

May he R.I.P :frowning2::frowning2::frowning2:

#83 Cloud Nine 5, Feb 2, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  4. Today4U

I just saw this! I can't believe it. This shocks me. Thanks for all of the great advice. RIP, and you will be missed!

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Jerry now has "In Loving Memory" underneath his name (instead of moderator) and is listed in a "In Loving Memory" group on this page.

By doing this, his account is preserved and highlighted forever.

6. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Wow... what a shock to see this page, not what I expected at all. Whilst I'd not spoken to JayHew/Jerry a lot on the forum, I did very much admire him and respect the work he did to support the members of this little family we have.

He was well known and well loved by all and will be greatly missed, my sincere condolences to his family and most importantly his partner. It has come as a massive shock to us, but must be totally unbearable for them to have lost such a caring and compassionate man.

May he rest in peace - another shining star in the night.

7. jroakwood

wow. thats unexpected. im not sure when this was originally posted. im probably really late.
    but thats really like... a reality check. i too am in shock.
    its so sad though, my sympathies to his partner and family.
    he was always such a help to us all, especially when it came to the medical side of things.
    he will be missed.

8. wherewulfe

RIP man, RIP

9. Jerr

What the hell?!!!??

Mr. JayHew... I...

How cou...

Mr. JayHew...

10. Jerr

Sorry... I know this sounds pathetic but I always talked to Mr. JayHew about everything. I saw him like a parental figure who ya know... actually cared...

He will be missed.

11. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

Hey Jerr

No need to be sorry...and you're not sounding pathetic. I'm sure we all feel the same (*hug*)

12. LorenzG1950

I am deeply saddened by JayHew’s death and wish his partner and family the strength to get through the rough times ahead. They should take comfort in the fact that JayHew left a lasting impression at EC and will be remembered for the support he’s given to young and old alike.

I feel very old today. :icon_sad: (&&&)

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Jerry only occasionally mentioned in the mods area that he was talking to and helping people here. He never mentioned any names.

It is only from reading all the posts here that we even begin to realise just how much time he freely gave to help so many members here, and how much he loved and cared for everyone here. He was clearly devoted to EC and will be greatly missed by us all, but especially by those who he has helped and supported personally.

I'm so sorry, Jerr. (*hug*)

14. Steam Giant

Joining the rest of you, in shock. Such sad news ; ; Jerry helped me so much with the various medical problems I've been accumulating...I only wish I had the chance to help him back ; ;

I've always said that EC is like a family to me, and in this family, Jerry is one of the fathers. May we cross paths again, in another life.

15. TriBi

The following was documented by an online friend who, some months ago, moved to Alaska. He had developed a friendship with Jerry and Dan, met with them socially and was in attendance at the memorial sevice.

I thought everyone here would like to see his report:

Jerry's Memorial Service - Celebration of Life - was held this afternoon at 4:00 p.m. in a little town about an hour north of Anchorage.

The gathering was small, the structure informal, and the atmosphere bittersweet.

Dan, Jerry's partner, did a great job of compiling a broad remembrance of a man who had enjoyed a life rich in texture, diverse in dimension, and full of optimism.

Those gathered reflected many facets of Jerry's life: co-workers, godchildren, siblings, neighbors, and his partner. Several of them shared what a unique person Jerry was in his giving, but forthright, nature.

The only ones I could really sense missing were his beloved dogs.

Dan also was faithful to remember ### and Empty Closets, and the huge impact Jerry had on both as he altruistically gave of his wisdom and encouragement to many young men seeking a bit of guidance.

It was inspiring to hear such worthy accolades. I pray several of us will think on it and redouble our own personal efforts to be as busy about helping rather than complaining. We could do worse than to be imitators of Jerry as he caringly worked for change in our world.

16. Kimi

I didn't know about him till just while ago when I saw this thread.

I don't know what to say.
    I wanted to say so much things to him.

I just re-opened priveate messages from him and reading them made me feel just unbelievable that an awesome person like Jerry is...gone.
    It's just so unfair.
    I didn't respond to his last message...I feel terrible.

I'll come back here later.
    I'm just not ready to say the word to him...just yet.

17. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ive havent been on EC becuase our computer is been broekn and not working. im very up set about this reading that jayhew is died now!!! i feel like crying. he helped me a few tiimes with things . i cant think very good now im a bit shocked this is happened to jayhew. was he old??? heart attacks can happen to any one. it is bad .im really sad about this !!!

18. SpikySpice

I havent checked into EC regularly, i only had a couple of minutes on here each day, luckily I caught Paul's threads letting me know what was happening

19. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Jerry was 59.

20. JSG

JSG Guest

Procrastinating is bad...
    I kept wanting to PM Jayhew but kept putting it off until later, I'll never be able to now :cry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.