1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is oral sex sex ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Dec 7, 2014.

?

Do you think Oral sex is sex ?

Poll closed Apr 6, 2015.
  1. I think oral sex is sex

143 vote(s)
    95.3%
  2. No oral sex is just fore play

7 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Yeah I don't think that definition is complete. While it is true, someone else has to 'assist' you in some form in order for it to be sex.

It's just, um... good to know for, um... reasons.

2. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I consider it to be sex. I'm not gonna lie. I didn't know until early 2014 that many people consider oral sex to be sex. Even although it is right there in the title! I found it out on EC of all places and it led to a funny yet enlightening conversation.

Maybe my confusion had something to do with how society downplays the significance of oral sex. I actually felt really bad about my supposed lack of sexual experience. I secretly thought all my crazy antics were only foreplay and wondered if something was wrong with me because of my lack of interest in going beyond 3rd base. I've since decided to define sex on my own terms and it's very similar to what Steele said.

3. Hexagon

Well yeah, I thought that was implied.

4. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To me it`s what you make it out to be when I was 16 or so I thought a gay guy was still a virgin if he'd had oral but not cum . I was sort of confused back the :slight_smile:

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. justbehappy

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wRpeUci4Wo0

I think that this ^ says everything even though it's mostly targeted to girls. And also may I also ad that this whole " virginity " thing it's just plain ass stupid.

As long as you do it with someone you love and care about, you don't lose anything. In fact, in my opinion, you only gain something better.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Only if it's between a man and woman, as the good Lord intended!

If you think I was being serious, you really don't know me.

8. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is when *I* do it. Not so sure about *some* people! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I have to say that I love the results and how people not thinking It's sex is a HUGE minority here. If only straight people understood that too because I've met some that really like oral sex and don't like penetration so they think they have to be gay to get sexual freedom. It's sad and oppressive.

Great to know the LGBT community is so progressive.

10. tman4u

tman4u Guest

Oral sex is so sensual for both it cannot be anything other than sex!

11. beyourself

beyourself Guest

Yes, oral sex is sex

12. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I do think so. An orifice is being penetrated--that makes it sex. I don't think handjobs are sex, for example, for that reason.

Okay, in before someone finds a flaw with my definition :wink:

13. Hexagon

What happens when oral sex is done without penetration? And does that make masturbation with a toy sex?

14. Rainbows~Exist

Sure it can be both but I'd view it as sex. The only difference is that you're f****** someone in the mouth...

15. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Masturbating with a toy, no, because it has to be with another person--that I should've specified. A human orifice. lol

As for oral sex without penetration...well, I don't know if I'd call that sex. Sexual acts, but I don't think it's a form of intercourse.

16. Hexagon

I suppose now would be a bad time to point out that a fair amount of sex between women doesn't involve penetration, then.

17. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, that's why we all get to have our own idiosyncratic definitions of it. If "sexual relations" has a more broad definition, then so be it. I'm not going to sit there and tell someone "um...you're not having sex, you're just fooling around!" But for my own personal purposes, I'm not going to say I had sex (because that phrase carries a lot of weight to me) if my boyfriend and I did things I don't consider intercourse. If that makes sense.

18. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, in my opinion it is.

19. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I don't see how a 'sexual act' is different than 'sex'....they both have the term 'sex' in it.

That's like saying if I beat someone to a bloody pulp, it doesn't count as 'violence' but just a 'violent act'. No. They're both the same thing.

Technically speaking as well, intercourse only refers to heterosexual sex, not penetration in general.

From the dictionary:

"sexual intercourse noun
    sexual activity in which a man puts his penis into the vagina of a woman"

"Full Definition of SEXUAL INTERCOURSE

: heterosexual intercourse involving penetration of the vagina by the penis : coitus"

I'm sorry but I'm sick of people insisting on a penis penetrating something for it to be 'real sex', It's discrimination and offensive against the female LGBT members on this website. Our sex is just as real as anybody else's.

I'm sick of hearing gay men say this trash; It's hypocritical because gay men can't have real sex either. You NEED a vagina in your sex life to have real sex and intercourse. It's a biological and social fact in our society. Straight people still consider 'sexually active' gay men to be virgins, so either ALL gay people cannot have 'real sex/intercourse' because of the lack of an opposite sex partner, or all of it 'counts'.

20. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Sex" is generally short for "sexual intercourse", which is why I differentiate between "sexual acts" and "sexual intercourse". So if I say, "I had sex", that means "sexual intercourse" and excludes things like handjobs. That is how I use it.

And your dictionary definition does not in any way invalidate what I said. From the American Heritage Medical Dictionary, Definition #2: "Sexual union between humans involving genital contact other than vaginal penetration by the penis."

I already said we have our idiosyncratic definitions. It's up to the individual to define sex.