1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is everyone bi?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Omla, Feb 9, 2013.

1. fortheloveoflez

been there done that. I don't understand on an intellectual why I'm only attracted to cis women but that's how I am. Please don't shove me in to the bi category when I am not.

2. Cerith23

I think that some people are definitely, absolutely straight or gay. However, I believe the majority of people feel some attraction to the both sexes. Sometimes this attraction to one is so inconsequential it doesn't even register - but appears in forms such as 'bromances', etc. These people identify as straight or gay, which is true, as these attractions do not even register as attractions and I don't think this makes them bisexual. Sometimes this attraction is noticeable, but people still choose to identify as straight or gay (their choice, fair enough). Then there are people for whom attractions to both sexes are unavoidable, and they identify as bisexual.

I think generally people fall on a spectrum. I also think sexuality is fluid. However, I also think it is right for people whose attraction to one of both sexes is inconsequential to identify as straight or gay. I also think there are a lot of people who are 100% straight or gay. Therefore, I do not believe all people are bisexual.

3. Aarin

Out Status:
    Some people
    No, but I believe that for every monosexual, there is one person of the same/opposite sex that is their one exception.

4. Lipstick Leuger

No, everyone is not Bi.

I have heard statistics that 10% of people are 100% gay, 10% are 100% straight, and the other 80% of us fall somewhere in between. It makes sense, but I don't think you can actually measure it this well......

I am a Lesbian, but I can't say 100% that I would never, ever, fall for a male. I don't believe that I could have a fufilling relationship with one. I have tried in the past, and I certainly have no interest in trying to have one with a guy now. But, after 44 years alive I find few things that are 100% certain, and doubly so when it comes to human beings. (does this make me part of the 80???)

5. Zac

Zac

No... I only like men

6. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    defiantly not take pansexuals and asexual for instance.

7. brandonisi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never been sexually attracted to women. I can admire a beautiful woman, but it's more or less the same way I'd admire a pretty flower.

8. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No.
    While everyone is, theoretically, capable of liking anyone regardless of physical sex, that isn't the case.
    I personally think that a lot of people have some bisexual tendencies, but there are also many people without those tendencies.
    If everyone was bi, trans people would have a lot less problems...

9. Hrantou

Personally, no. I am 110% gay. I have never liked a woman romantically and I'm sure that I never will. I just love men too much.

I've known plenty of people who *say* that they are gay or straight, but sometimes they swing the other way. So I think its stuff like that, that confuses people.

10. ryanninjasheep

I am a firm believer in the "one exception" when it comes to sexuality

11. Ohhai

12. Just Jess

So we obviously have a complicated relationship I won't get into here, but I can definitely say this is not the case for my straight girlfriend. We've tried, she has tested the waters on her own, women do nothing for her. And I've tested the waters myself, men do nothing for me. And for that matter, straight women don't really do it for me either; she and I are together romantically but we aren't sexually compatible. I can't say why it matters how my partner views me, but it does; I flat out need a woman attracted to me as a woman.

I do consider myself a kinsey 5, but I don't have any attraction to men. That's more keeping the door open, and being open to other trans women in any stage of transition. For some reason it also matters to me who a person is on the inside. I couldn't be with a trans man, even if he had his original parts.

Sexuality gets way complicated if you think about it too much though, so that's where I try to stop. But yeah, I know for a fact this one's just not true.

13. GirlWhoWaited

As bisexuality is currently defined...no. BUT, I do subscribe to what I affectionately like to call the "Shades of Gay" theory. I feel like friendship and romantic interest are driven my many of the same things, so on an emotional level, I think everyone falls somewhere on the spectrum of gray. Sure, some people are so light that you can't detect any gray, but it's most likely there. The same goes for the other side of the scale. You may not see the white in the last tile, but it's there, even if it doesn't make a noticeable impact. No one can be 100% sure unless they've dated the entire population of the world, in my opinion. This is, of course, impossible. So, we each choose a label that is most appropriate for us and our individual interests. If I walk into a bar, I will usually notice attractive men and women in equal measure. Therefore, I am comfortable with "bisexual", but other people notice potential partners in different ratios. Call it my more complicated version of the "one exception" theory.

14. JDG

JDG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm definitely just gay

15. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not that everyone is Bi many people use it to hide their real sexuality i.e in denial about being gay guess the reason why there are some prejudice in the community around it. I will be honest I know a few gay people who would never go out with a Bi guy it seems even some of the gay community have prejudice against people who are Bi which is funny when we are fighting for rights and all.

Bi does exist but the people who use it to hide their real sexuality are making it seem like it a choice when I personally believe it is not. You are born who you are can't be avoided no matter how many time someone says they something else.

I know I am gay anyway so it can't be everyone now.

16. mvjp

i think there is such a HUGE spectrum it hard to even work out where you fit individually let along generalise i know people who are a sexual but not a romantic bi sexual but hetero romantic pan sexual etc personally i consider myself bi (kinsey 4) but more homo romantic a lot of people would consider me pan as i would not rule out a relationship with anyone but, being something of a linguist i think that linguistically bisexual can be seen to pretty much cover pan sexual but as bi sexual gives no allowance for someone who would be willing to be iin a non sexual relationship as they fell for someone who is a sexual i would have to class myself bi sexual pan romantic with a romantic preference towards women