1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is everyone bi?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Omla, Feb 9, 2013.

1. OutwardSmiles

I don't think everyone is bi, but I do think there is a good number of people who identify as straight that are actually bi but don't ever come to the realization that they like both genders because liking a person of the same gender is supposedly "wrong." There are also probably some that are homosexual too, but I think there may be less of them because if someone likes the "wrong" gender most people tend to realize that and eventually have to accept it, while on the other hand, someone who is bi but trying to convince themselves to be straight still might be able to force themselves to only act on their heterosexual feelings and try to block out their homosexual attractions. Humans are just stubborn like that. :confused:

2. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Nope I'm demisexual lol just figured it out hrs ago lol

3. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Including you with the majority, when your experience is actually very different, can be a form of erasure.

For example, the subtype of autism that describes me best is called Newson Syndrome or Pathological Demand Avoidance. One of the defining features of this condition is a fear of being controlled by others, which shows up in indirect and manipulative defiance.

When I try to tell people how demand avoidance feel, very often they reply 'no one likes being told what to do'.

That statement, to me, is a form of erasure, because it ignores the difference between the mild annoyance that most people feel and the utter terror that I feel. It ignores how often I get 'stuck' in defiance, too afraid to back down even if not backing down could mean dire consequences (pretty much nothing short of a threat to my life can make me back down when I'm stuck like that). It ignores how much my demand avoidance has affected my life in practical ways.

Even if everyone is a bit bisexual, for most people, their attraction to their non-preferred gender is rarely experienced and not very important to their lives. That's still very different from being roughly equally attracted to both genders.

I can assure you I'm not! I can't even masturbate - touching those parts gives me no more pleasure than fiddling with my lip.

I guess by a stretch of the term I could be considered bisexual, because I feel equal level of attraction to both genders (i.e. none at all).

4. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    nope, & saying such just seems like an excuse to invalidate people's identities tbh

5. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bwahahaha That would be nice, but no. Not everyone is bisexual.

Like others have said though I think being bicurious is more prevalent than people think, especially during teenage years when we are discovering ourselves. Plus sexual fluidity is more common amongst women as we are more attracted by emotions than visual images most of the time.

Romantic and sexual attraction is different as well. Does a "99% straight" man having warm fuzzy feelings for another man for a few seconds qualify him as bi?
    Bromances and Bramances exist between straight people and you could almost swear they have something going on, but they just don't swing that way!

There ARE 100% straight/gay people. I'm not one of them LoL but let no one tell you otherwise!

6. GayJay

Not a chance! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Men are a total no for me. I guess it could be argued that i just haven't found a guy i'm attracted to yet, but i really don't think it will happen

7. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

Lots of guys are bisexual.. They will buy a girl a drink at the bar and then try to have sex with her. Oh wait, I meant "buysexual." LOL

8. IrishEyes1989

Exactly. It's simply another way for biphobes to try and reduce our orientation down to "a phase" or "something that's inherent in most people, but they never act on it" To me, it sounds as ridiculous as saying "Everyone is straight!" or "Everyone is gay!" Neither of those statements are true and likewise "Everyone is bisexual" is not true.

9. Omla

Now, Kinsey definitely was a believer and he was a man of science!

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How can this conversation continue for over three months?

11. LailaForbidden

He used to have sex with his patients :dry:

12. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pssh, science!

13. freedom200

freedom200 Guest

to some degree, probs yes. i don't believe u could be 100% straight or 100% gay, i think that most people are somewhere in-between and i thinks u would be hard pressed to find someone who is 100% one orientation

14. LailaForbidden

oh my god. Please, just let this thread die. It irritates me so. :frowning2:

15. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh, I am a bisexual! -raises hand-

16. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can understand why some bisexuals would think this, but it's not true, obviously. Saying everyone's bi is just as unreasonable as saying everyone is really straight. Being bisexual isn't an excuse for speaking on everyone's behalf, because this simply isn't true (not accusing bisexuals of anything as a whole, but those who say this usually are).

17. Hun

Hun

Nope. There are probably more people who are in actuality bisexual, but identify as being straight or gay out of fear of being ostracized by both heterosexuals and homosexuals — which to be fair is a legitimate concern. In particular by how some of the homosexual community treats us. i.e. claiming that bisexuality does not exist or that it's "just a phase" or that we're "really gay."

18. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I agree with you. I think that even the strictest of heterosexual people have at least a percent of homo/bisexuality in them. Like even the the strictest of homosexuals have at least a percent of heterosexual in them.

19. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

I'm bi, but no not everybody is, there is a wide range of different sexualities.

20. Foxface

absolutely not

I am bi but I believe there are exclusively homosexual/heterosexual people

Foxface