1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is everyone bi?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Omla, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Artpop

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nope, I find it hard to have feelings for a girl.

2. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

In terms of sexual attraction (aka sexual orientation), I think bisexuality occurs in a minority of people. As far as who outnumbers who (gays vs. bisexuals) is open to debate. But I do personally believe bisexuals do not come close to outnumbering heterosexuals. Most people, IMO, are heterosexual in orientation. Many people may be curious on what it is like to be with the same sex. That doesn't always mean they are bisexual. I would be considered a "reverse bi-curious." I never thought of women sexually but was curious to find out what all the excitement was. Just a general curiosity. The act itself felt good but it wasn't the girl's naked body turning me on. We can respond by touch to both genders, but what we find visually attractive and what scent is erotic to us is often a different story and for truly gay people it is gender specific. Many humans can engage in bisexual behavior, but I don't believe most experience sexual attraction to both.

Food for thought-- If everyone is bi, then why would we see all these unhappy gay people in straight marriages? Why would you see gay people coming out as gay? Why would we see high levels of teen suicides among gay teens? Think about that for a minute. Bi would be a lot easier, IMO.

3. castle walls

I completely agree.

Also, in case anyone is wondering, this idea that "everyone is bisexual" is usually attributed to Freud. He stated that all humans are born bisexual but, as they develop psychologically, they often become monosexual. People have also used Kinsey's work to attempt to confirm the notion of innate bisexuality

4. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Nope. Evidence to the contrary has already been provided in this thread.

5. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yep. You notice how nearly everything else regarding homosexual behavior of any sort has been rejected since the 1920s era Kinsey days and especially Freud lol...

l think both men were trying to convey the message that homosexual tendencies can be of less concern than was thought at the time, not that no true homosexuals or heterosexuals existed on Earth.

#45 OMGWTFBBQ, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  6. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I might be 2% straight so I guess that much bi :wink:

7. SeerOfHeart

I don't think so, not really. Maybe we all have the capability to be attracted to both men and women, but it doesn't mean that everyone is.

Also, there's even more gray areas than just bi- there's pansexual and asexual, just to name a couple of the many examples of other sexualities with either a different or a wider spectrum than just cisgender males and females.

8. CptnBeefheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I really wish everyone was...then I could I'd have more than a 0% chance of getting who I want...and I want it so bad....

9. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

...are you claiming bisexual-identified people are only attracted to cis males and females?

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. And it's a really common way to be wrong.

11. starfish

Well I stuck deciding between these two responses.

Yes, but only for extremely small values of every.

and

echo "Is everyone bi?" | sed -e 's/Is\ everyone/Some\ people\ are/' -e 's/?/./'

12. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Well I can't speak for the rest of all humanity but I do know for certian I'm not.

13. leer

am 1000000000000% gay

14. I'm bi but nope. Straights and gays do exist. Negating their identities would not make sense, and would be hypocritical since we don't like straights and gays telling us we don't exist, why would we going around telling other people their identities don't exist?

There are people who are 100% straight and 100% gay. I do get it, other sexual orientations may be hard to understand. But instead of pretending everyone's bisexual and there are no differences we must know that there are differences and that we must understand and accept them.

15. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Silly question, but I'll still answer the same as a lot of others. Of course not. And saying "not everyone is bi" doesn't mean "no one is bi." It just means what it says, "not everyone," a synonym of "some people," which can translate to both "some people are" and "some people aren't," so the "biphobic" argument on here is annoying unnecessary twaddle.

16. TheSeeker

Whoa nelly! Cool your jets over the labeling semantics... Because, relating to what BiAgnosticism said:

... In the end, all of us here on EC are fruits of some kind!

#badearlymorningpuntime

-The Seeker

17. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

No. I don't think so, anyway. I was just talking to someone about this and we both agreed that being gay or lesbian or bi is not a choice. We are who we are and we can't change that. Some force their feelings in other directions, but that is usually just out of protection for themselves and their feelings. I think that is where people start getting confused. But no, not all are attracted to both. Some are gay, some are lesbian, some like both! It's just a matter of clearing it up and figuring out who we are and who we are meant to be.

18. At school I'm surrounded by hot straight guys. If everyone was bi, I'd be swimming in a romantic wonderland right now.

19. Jim

Jim

No. Sexuality is a scale. Some people are very towards the heterosexual end, some are totally on the homosexual end, and some float about the middle or anywhere on the scale.