1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I joined Weight Watchers!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by beckyg, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Miles D

good luckies!
    hope you get exactly what you want out of it.

:grin:

2. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Well done Becky! That's such a positive choice! I'm sure you can make great progress!

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I know a couple of people who have used Weight Watchers and it DOES work. It is based on good nutritional balance, reducing saturated fats, sugars and calories to sensible levels while maintaining a balanced diet (proper food, not "shakes"). It is also a steady weight loss which is more likely to last than more rapid weight loss.

Give it time and stick with it as best you can, and I'm sure over a few months it will work well for you. Good luck.

4. Ronnie92

Good luck becky!! My mom is doing it as well and it's working well. You have my support (*hug*)
    (!!)

5. biisme

Good luck Becky!!!!!!! We know you can do it!

6. Apocalypte

Good luck! I've lost 26lbs in just over 3 months by loosely following a Weight Watchers-type diet and working out quite a bit, and I wish you all the best with this. :slight_smile:

7. EM68

She also exercised every day. Which also helped.

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm always recommending swimming in terms of non-painful exercise... it results in very little stress on the body.

It might tide you over until walking is more comfortable.

It's cool you've made the effort to do something positive about your health. So many people know they could be healthier but can't seem to make the effort.

9. zackattack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good Luck Becky, remember when you think you have no strength left to move, just take that one extra step and you will meet your goals.

10. isnessofwhatis

I've done Weight Watchers and have had very good success with it. It's something that you can actually live with for a lifetime.

I did gain my weight back but now I am figuring out the reasons why I am compelled to eat so much. I think this time will be the final time.

11. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you can balance work, family, and EC in a 24-hour day, I know you can drop a few pounds easy through Weight Watchers. I wish you the best.

12. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank you everybody, I'm trying. :slight_smile:

13. Siateac34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Woot! Good for you!

Also this might sound odd but getting a dog helps a lot. Because you NEED to walk them (you're guilted into it 'cos the dog is dependant on you) and if you take him for twenty minute walks thrice a day that's a lot of walking.

And also it really helps you digest after supper.

Hope I helped a tad :slight_smile:

Lucas.

14. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good Luck. As Paul mentioned they use sound tactics (balanced sensible eating) so that you not only lose weight, but keep eating healthy afterward. The community / group stuff helps give motivation as well.

Hopefully you can get walking because it can be very enjoyable exercise.

My parents do WW. They won't buy unhealthy sweets, and they won't let me have their "special low fat" treats, so I basically end up losing more weight than them. Much to their displeasure.

15. Mikeyy

Good Luck, WW is a great program and I'm sure you'll have the willpower to stick to it :slight_smile:

16. agraves

I just started WW myself. I've done it in the past and lost about 30 lbs. I went through a rough patch in my life and used food for comfort so I gained it all back. But now I'm really excited to do it again and see some results. I've lost about a pound in the past week. Slowly but surely I will get there. Good luck to you and I hope you see some good results soon.

17. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That's awesome! Lets give eachother support and encouragement. :slight_smile: I have also done WW in the past in fact I'm a lifetime member. I got down to my goal in 1990 for my ten year class reunion. I was hot! :roflmao: However, once the reunion was over the weight slowly slipped back on. I think the goal they have set for me is too low. I can't maintain that weight so I will probably go in and have my doctor change it to something more reasonable. It also much harder for me to lose at 46 than it was at 28.

18. Techcompu2

one of my friends at school, he joined WW over the summer and lost 50 Lbs. just over the summer. Good luck!

19. Apocalypte

Have you been set intermediate goals of losing 10% of bodyweight at a time? My mum's WW leader (dunno why she goes, she's like 140 @ 5'4") tends to do that when setting goals for people - to lose 10% of bodyweight at a time. I've been trying to use something like that for setting my goal weights - I hit my first goal weight about 5 weeks ago (187), my next one is 168 and I've got about 12lbs to lose to get down to that. If I get down to 168 by Christmas, I should hopefully be able to fit a pair of size 14 (UK) / size 10 (US) jeans. :slight_smile:

#39 Apocalypte, Oct 26, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  20. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think they will set my 10% goal tonight. They had me call headquarters this week to find out my goal weight and get my lifetime number. Staying involved probably helps your leader maintain her weight.